Dish Remote Access App

• Level   2

I just purchased the SlingBox adapter for my dish receiver and can't wait to start watching and controlling my DVR content when I am traveling or not staying at home. I think Microsoft needs to get together with Dish and make a Dish Remote Access app for the 360. I don't see why I should buy another box to stream my shows from the Dish receiver to another TV that is not hooked up to the receiver or even to my Grandfathers house when I go stay there to take care of him during the week. The Xbox is capable of doing it and some of us don't want to pay Verizon/Comcast (Fios/Xfinity) for their over priced services. Anybody else agree with this? It would be so convenient. For now I guess I'll be confined to using it with my phone, tablet, or Laptop.

• Level   2

I agree with you, I have the sling box also. I went on the Internet explorer app on the Xbox. Then I went to the My dish anywhere website. I could log on but then it wouldn't play anything I clicked on. It kept saying "sorry but your web browser doesn't support the sling player." Does anyone else have any suggestions ?

• Level   1

Same here i need this to be here already, why limit us to only Fios and Xfinity, they have made major improvements to the app over the past couple months i was expecting it to already be available on the xbox 360 but they just keep adding pointless apps that nobody wants or uses(The Next Level, Pizza Hut, etc) they keep on expanding in all genres of apps except TV, i've seen about 10 new video apps that don't even let you watch full episodes of shows or any content that you would want to watch in the first place, Microsoft need to hurry up and talk with Dish to bring the Dish Anywhere app to the xbox360, i better see this added with a whole bunch of better apps @ E3,....also why add 1 pizza app that doesn't even have as many stores across the US as others such as Domino's, get the Domino's app as well, what are you guys waiting for.....i have a gaming headset so my tv is always on mute when my xbox is on, i hear everything through the headset, so when i want to watch some of my dvr content from my Hopper with Sling, it sucks that i have to switch over and basically have the tv low so i don't disturb others in my house, i don't even do it because i'd rather be able to hear everything as loud as i want through my headset....the tools to make this happen are available all we need is Microsoft to make it happen.

• Level   1

I agree...if MS wants to keep users, then they need to APP up for DISH