Xbox 360 Multi Disc Changer

• Level   2

I love my Xbox 360 but it seems every time I go to play it my kids have switched game discs. I usually find this after I have settled into my chair. Also, with the cd's being changed so often they get scratched and beat up.  My suggestion is:

Make an Xbox 360 with a Multi Disc Changer( 6-10 cd's). It would be nice if you just selected your disc from the Xbox Home screen. Maybe you could make an add-on for older units that are accessed via the USB ports for game play. Once the games are installed to the hard drive you leave the game discs in the add-on and then select the wanted game from the Xbox Home screen.  Anyone else think this is a good idea? You're games are at your fingertips  and they are safe from being handled extensively.

• Level   8

I'd love to see something like this. I wouldn't count on it for the 360, but maybe for the next gen console.

*** I see stars! ***

• Level   8

^ I wouldn't count on it AT ALL. :P

• Level   8

Sir, that is a good idea! I'm sure 6-10 disc wouldn't happen but 2-3 disc would be pretty good because some games come's with 2-3 disc like Mass effect, L.A. Noire.. Someone might argue that you can always download your games from the market and just play digitally but...i like having a physical copy of my games.. i don't know why <_<

Proud owner of an Xbox one.

• Level   8

It's nice to have but the cost would be too much. Doing a auto disc changer would require a bigger box size.

• Level   1

I actually had the same thought the other day. I'm currently playing Assassins Creed 3. Which has 2 discs. Also we like to play Lips in my house and have 4 lips games. I found to my annoyance that. I have to keep changing discs depending on which songs are on on which disc. A multi disc changer would ba a fantastic idea. As for the size it would need to be. I'm sure most people could accommodate it. As with myself my TV is in the corner of the room, and there is wasted space behind it where a Disc changer could sit out of view or even on the floor next to the TV unit. Looking online for a 10 disc changer I found a 10 CD changer for the car. It Dimensions were 17.6cm X 25cm X 8cm. Just to find a rough estimate of size.  I was quite shocked by how small it is, but this is just a CD changer. Not sure how big it would need to be to handle Games. Even if it was twice as big I think I could live with it. Maybe we need to petition Mcrosoft to consider making one.

• Level   1

I actually had the same thought the other day. Im currently playing Assassins Creed 3. Which has 2 discs. Also we like to play Lips in my house and have 4 lips games. I found to my annoyance that. I have to keep changing discs depending on which songs are on on which disc. A multi disc changer would ba a fantastic idea. As for the size it would need to be. Im sure most people could accommodate it. As with myself my TV is in the corner of the room, and there is wasted space behind it where a Disc changer could sit out of view or even on the floor next to the TV unit. Looking online for a 10 disc changer I found a 10 CD changer for the car. It Dimensions were 17.6cm X 25cm X 8cm. About the same size as a lunchbox. Just to find a rough estimate of size. I was quite shocked by how small it is, but this is just a CD changer. Not sure how big it would need to be to handle Games. Even if it was twice as big I think I could live with it. Maybe we need to petition Microsoft to consider making one.

• Level   1

Check out this episode of The Ben Heck Show where he builds his own disc changer for an XBOX 360 out of a Sony carousel CD changer an an Arduino, transplanting the internal XBOX 360 Slim DVD drive into the carousel, so it certainly voids the warranty.

watch?v=Djf4qrwvQRw
    • Level   5

I think the easy solution would be an add on carousel for the xbox. That way people that want this could buy it, but it wouldn't bring up the cost of the standard game unit.

• Level   2

I would like to see it happen but just imagine if something happened, your brother or son bumps it and knocks it over. If anything happened with multiple 45-60$ games in it, someone would die.. Like a lot.

KAYUO: XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY AMBASSADOR