Home burglarized... Xbox stolen. Now what?

• Level   1
    Do I need to do any thing to protect my GT, billing, and payment options? Sorry for not doing a search first, but the break-in was two days ago and I'm just now finding out about it. Cheers.
    • Level   8

Change all your passwords and you should be fine. Remove any payment options if you are still worried, call support and inform them if you think the thieves may have accessed your account.

-

Inform the police you had a 360 and they can work with Microsoft's Legal department. It isn't unknown for them to be able to track a stolen console.

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.

• Level   1

I'm unable to remove my CC because I'm set for auto renewal (which I just turned off), but it want let me remove it without entering a new payment option...

In other news, they were on my account last night. %#$&!!!!

• Level   8

CALL SUPPORT.

-

Open an Unauthorised Access case. This will lock the account so no-one can use it for the duration of the investigation. Support can also remove payment methods.

-

Since you have access to the account CHANGE THE PASSWORD. Do this before the person who took it does. That really should have been your first step to securing your account and financial information.

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.

• Level   4

Hey, on the plus side, if they're using it, they're connecting to the net with it, which should make them easier to track for the police if you go that route, right?

edit-  I meant since they already have.  As stated above, don't let them continue doing that.

• Level   7
    voteDC

CALL SUPPORT.

-

Open an Unauthorised Access case. This will lock the account so no-one can use it for the duration of the investigation. Support can also remove payment methods.

-

Since you have access to the account CHANGE THE PASSWORD. Do this before the person who took it does. That really should have been your first step to securing your account and financial information.

I would immediately do as voteDC suggested.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king!

• Level   8

Kedareturns

Hey, on the plus side, if they're using it, they're connecting to the net with it, which should make them easier to track for the police if you go that route, right?

edit-  I meant since they already have.  As stated above, don't let them continue doing that.

Microsoft can track when an account was used, on what IP address. The ISP who owns that address will be able to inform the police who was using that IP at the time.

So the OP needs to get onto the police and get the ball rolling.

• Level   V

1.  Call the police and report the burglary

2.  Call support and open an unauthorized access ticket

3.  Call the credit card company and report the card info stolen (get a new card)

4.  You can both change your password and remove the password remotely from the stolen xbox by following the instructions at this link.

support.xbox.com/.../password-protect-account

Join our Destiny clan

Xbox One Unboxing with a special surprise at the end

My Blog

Was my post helpful?  Then please click Like below it.

• Level   5

There really needs to be a "Find my Xbox" app like there is for finding your iphone.  Better yet an option to "squirt ink at thief" when thief tries to put a game in it. :p  

@~~ B I Z A R R O M A N T I S ~~@  No, I don't want to be your friend.  

• Level   4

@DC-  Exactly my point  =)

• Level   4

Use the Profile Protection link to force a redownload of your profile least that way they cannot sign into live on your console, if they don't know the password then they cannot download it.

live.xbox.com/.../Protection

• Level   4

new xboxes have a K-slot (or whatever it's called) - same thing laptops have for you to attach a cable/lock to tie it down if you wanna go that route if you ever get it back or if buy a new one...I secured mine this way....

BioShock, ME2, Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind, Fallout3, Portal2, DS2, AC2, Gears2, Prey, Halo/2/3, FEAR, RDR, GTA4, R6V/3, Doom3, HL2, Chaos Theory, Ghost Recon, Castle Crashers, PvZ, Limbo, FEZ

• Level   1

ChomskyKnows

new xboxes have a K-slot (or whatever it's called) - same thing laptops have for you to attach a cable/lock to tie it down if you wanna go that route if you ever get it back or if buy a new one...I secured mine this way....

where? never seen it myself

• Level   4

Buy a pitbull.  Teach him to guard your Xbox by chomping burglar face.

• Level   1

What makes you think I hadn't changed my password?