Best Wireless router??? minimum lag and latency???

• Level   3

So I was wondering if anyone had a preference to what they think the best wireless router for gaming is and if I was looking for a cheaper alternative, would any wireless router do if I was just going to hardwire wire my xbox and only use the wireless for my laptop. Would the connection be the same on the xbox as though it was running on a wired router and i just shut off my laptop to decrease the use of bandwidth? Thanks, No need for mindless [Mod Removed] comments.

• Level   8

cotythebeast91

So I was wondering if anyone had a preference to what they think the best wireless router for gaming is and if I was looking for a cheaper alternative, would any wireless router do if I was just going to hardwire wire my xbox and only use the wireless for my laptop. Would the connection be the same on the xbox as though it was running on a wired router and i just shut off my laptop to decrease the use of bandwidth? Thanks, No need for mindless bullsh*t comments.

Use this link I posted here it will take you to the compatible routers for xbox 360.  http://mktplassets.xbox.com/NR/exeres/AA07DD16-A888-458C-9598-E1D6432E95CD.htm

• Level   8

Honestly, I wouldn't use wireless for MP games like CoD or BF. Just connecting to LIVE is fine but wireless struggles with those games. A wired connection is your best option.

• Level   5

Something with Wiresless N 2.4Ghz and if you can a router that can be flashed with a custom firmware. Most of the time people never even bother setting up their routers for correct port forwarding and have no idea what QOS is and how it could let them use PCs or Laptops without really effecting Live gameplay. A 30 dollar wireless router is roughly the same as a 100 dollar one for most uses especially gaming. With a custom firmware you can normally get around the cheaply written default ones and it's a real marketed feature to support custom firmwares. Dual Band Wireless N 5Ghz and Gigabit ethernet are really if you have a lot of networked devices and a NAS.

Anyways get one have the 360 wired into the router and use wireless for the laptop, and take some time to set things up properly. There are so many models need to go and read reviews and see which one would suite your needs.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

• Level   5

NoxiousFarts

Honestly, I wouldn't use wireless for MP games like CoD or BF. Just connecting to LIVE is fine but wireless struggles with those games. A wired connection is your best option.

Um not really. I have I Wireless Linksys and it does fine with all of XBL. Latency is more of an issue with one's own ISP more than anything else, not their Home Network Set-up. A Wired Connection is "best" only for some very simple reasons.

First and foremost, simply because a Wireless Connection can drop due to another Signal that is "new" in the local area causing interference and that's pretty much it. There are some Broadcasting speed issues that can be associated with Wireless but nothing on the Xbox 360/ XBL really exceeds that requirement.

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."