The time for 360* gun controllers is now

• Level   1

A proper gun on xbox 360 would be awesome. And i think kinect may have some potentials, perhaps integrated on a more minor level to enhance a gun controller. However, xbox seems to be sticking to no physical items, even if to its detriment, so i propose, why even include kinect. I have done a decent bit of research to find what potentials are out and in development. Here is what pro-xbox-gun-controller fans should check out and get xbox to evaluate. First the Mag Gun Controller, which has only barely hit the market, it is most like what people are probably looking for, however it has a few flaws. In the most recent footage of its use, there is evident minor lag, and appears to be issues with turning around 360*. The controller has all buttons of an xbox controller except the right stick, which is replaced by something built into the gun, so you point up with gun and on-screen you look up. This system could potentially be perfected to remove these faults. This is also probably cheaper than the alternative i am about to explain. Currently in development by someone else is something totally awesome, i am so excited of its possibilities, but alas the company won't even say proposed release dates. It is called the Microvision Pico Projection Gun, but more recently they have upgraded the gun and now call its development Project Tuatara, it will blow your mind! It now has no lag, is wireless, and has always worked full 360* as is needed in games, XBOX GET INVOLVED IT'S THE FUTURE OF FPS!!!

• Level   8

gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/cabelasdangeroushunts11/review.html

RovasHarcos
    XBOX GET INVOLVED IT'S THE FUTURE OF FPS
    How is a technology that is more than a quarter of a century old the "FUTURE OF FPS"?  Light gun games are too linear and over-rated.

• Level   1

i am not talking about those old light guns, this is not duck hunt, this is a full 360 degrees on screen turn capacity, gyro-based replacement of the right stick on the controller, which controls head movement (where you look). It will make games more realistic, more immersive, more fun. I am sure there is a huge market out there for this, if the price is right. If you still don't know what i am talking about then i will state my intentions from the first posts thick bold words, by saying: look them up. THE FUTURE OF FPS IS MODERN GYROSCOPIC BASED GUN SHAPED CONTROLLERS.

Incase anyone is still too lazy to look, i will just let you know these guns were tested on real FPS games like Flashpoint and COD titles.

• Level   1

Why are you so obsessed with gyroscopes?  You don't want it only sensing when you use jerky motion, you want live movement tracking.

• Level   2

I dunno. I couldn't get any of the guns to work on the last Gen systems with HD enabled. Probably even worse now with 1080p. Too bad cause the replica Beretta (was not available in the US) was amazing.

XBOX Live Beta Tester     Forums Founding Member

• Level   5

lmao the day that any of my FPS goes KINECT is the day I quit playng these games

"Jokers so Tuff, he eat the boggers out of a dead man's nose than ask for seconds"

• Level   1

Why do people just not even read what is written? (lazy, simple or american?)

I never said make FPS fully Kinect, that's just ridiculous. I said incorporate eg: throw grenade or give orders. But ultimately i even said it is not really needed.

I never said use a light gun, and even said my first suggestion had its faults.

It was my second suggestion that really interests me.

If any of you actually checked it out, you would be on my side.

It has been very popular at E3 and whatever those games shows are called.

• Level   1

Oh and incase anybody did not understand: 360* = 360 degrees (as in all the way around)

• Level   2

watch?v=iOq y5bfZK4

• Level   2

watch?v=vnvoTd6aDc

• Level   1

That's fantastic Crazy Beard, thanks for the video additions :)

• Level   1

RovasHarcos

Why do people just not even read what is written? (lazy, simple or american?)

This isn't 4chan.  Check that American vs the World crap at the door.  Ok, Aussie?