Cronus Cross Over Gaming Device

• Level   1

Hello everybody! I joined Xbox Live this past weekend and I love it! But my question is anybody hear about the Cronus Cross Over Gaming Device? It suppose to enable to use the Xbox controller to be used on "other" gaming consoles, and vice versa. It was featured in the E3 event.

• Level   5

Well I think it's a nice thing to have to hook up to the PS3. I absolutely hate the Playstation controllers.

I did see a friend use something similar (don't know if it was the Cronus you're talking about) to use a PS3 controller on the Xbox 360.

Watch a Korean Drama.

• Level   5

I have a Cross Battle Adapter 2.0 to allow me to use a wired 360 pad on a PS3. Works rather well.

"I don't celebrate because it is my job. When a postman delivers his letters, does he celebrate?" - Mario Balotelli

• Level   5

I can't say i respect this sort of thing... i mean, the games, systems and controllers are all developed with thought and reason. i understand the mod community when it comes to true improvement, but a simple skin swap to appease aesthetics such as PS3vs360 controller seems like something that hurts gaming rather than helps it. certain games simply arent programed for certain controllers, plain and simple.

• Level   7

^It won't hurt it... people obviously aren't going to use the 360's controller to play Tekken on the PS3, but it's a good choice if their controller is a big obstacle as far as trying other games goes.

I don't play anything on PS3 because the controllers are complete crap, but if I were able to use a 360 controller on it, well... it's certainly not hurting Sony.

Removed by Mod

• Level   5

^

that's one of the reasons. i mean... you deny yourself as a gamer of the PS3 because you have a hang-up over their controller? everyone has their preferences, but c'mon, anyone who has a diverse history in their gaming knows any controller, no matter how awkward it was at first, becomes second nature eventually.

i'm not bashing ya, Bob. i respect you when it comes to most the other goons on the forums, just trying to be real here.

• Level   5

Piztup

I have a Cross Battle Adapter 2.0 to allow me to use a wired 360 pad on a PS3. Works rather well.

I have the same thing and love it.  

Pre-orders: Destiny, The Division, Arkham Knight, Shadow of Mordor, Halo: TMCC, Sunset Overdrive, Far Cry 4, Crackdown, Quantum Break, Halo 5, Witcher 3 CE(PC), DA: Inquisition CE(PC)

Proud owner of both the PS4 and Xbox One

• Level   5

isturbo1984

I can't say i respect this sort of thing... i mean, the games, systems and controllers are all developed with thought and reason. i understand the mod community when it comes to true improvement, but a simple skin swap to appease aesthetics such as PS3vs360 controller seems like something that hurts gaming rather than helps it. certain games simply arent programed for certain controllers, plain and simple.

Its not a simple skin swap though.  The PS3 trigger buttons are crap and so are their sticks.  Playing CoD I've broken 3 PS3 controllers(no rage involved.  All of them the sticks broke and then I'd knife randomly all the time.  This same problem happened on all 3 controllers.  Never had this problem with a 360 controller.  Its not just the location of the sticks.  I can get used to that.  Its the flimsy qualities of the PS3 controller.

Pre-orders: Destiny, The Division, Arkham Knight, Shadow of Mordor, Halo: TMCC, Sunset Overdrive, Far Cry 4, Crackdown, Quantum Break, Halo 5, Witcher 3 CE(PC), DA: Inquisition CE(PC)

• Level   5

isturbo1984

the 360 controller is much easier to hold and use then the ps3 controller. which is why it matters.

Best free game of the month: Saints Row: The Third.

• Level   4

isturbo1984

Im losing track of all the things you claim people do to hurt gaming.  Maybe you could make a list so I can keep up.  Games are meant to be played for fun.  If using a different controller that gives no advantage makes your experience better then that is a good thing.  Most people do it because the PS3 controller is flimsy with no weight and triggers that always feel like they are going to fall off.  In fact, there are many 3rd party controllers for PS3 that are laid out like xbox.  Its not a mod or cheat that would give you an advantage, so it cant possibly hurt.  Do you feel the same way about fight/arcade sticks that both systems use?  Since you brought it up though, Id be interested to know what games were programmed specifically for the dual shock and wont work with the xbox controller though (something for the tiltaxis maybe? but that seems insanely trivial).

Communicator: Perhaps this is what it means to be bound by sin. To spin in the same circle, looking for where the sin lies, and at some point losing sight of the way out.

Rakka: What's the right answer, then?

• Level   5

^The only game I've played that I couldn't use the 360 controller was Heavenly Sword.  You needed the sixaxis to control projectiles.

• Level   4

BEASTmmb

^The only game I've played that I couldn't use the 360 controller was Heavenly Sword.  You needed the sixaxis to control projectiles.

I was trying to remember if Uncharted also used it (for balancing on beams and such) and if there was another way to control those sections but I may be confusing that with something else.  Maybe certain games really do need it and cant be played otherwise.  We see how many examples there are and if its only the tiltaxis.

Communicator: Perhaps this is what it means to be bound by sin. To spin in the same circle, looking for where the sin lies, and at some point losing sight of the way out.

Rakka: What's the right answer, then?

• Level   4

I think the PS3 controller is alright. FPSs though it's not that great but the sticks for fighting games, are real comfortable. My only gripe about PS3 controllers though is that it doesn't fit your hand. If they fix that, I'd might actually prefer using PS3 controllers over Xbox.

• Level   5

BEASTmmb

isturbo1984

Its not a simple skin swap though.  The PS3 trigger buttons are crap and so are their sticks.  Playing CoD I've broken 3 PS3 controllers(no rage involved.  All of them the sticks broke and then I'd knife randomly all the time.  This same problem happened on all 3 controllers.  Never had this problem with a 360 controller.  Its not just the location of the sticks.  I can get used to that.  Its the flimsy qualities of the PS3 controller.

I know what you meant exactly. I had a PS3 before my 360. I repurchased CoD4... and it was a transition. I still accidently knife the air and throw random frags out when going to sprint.--on the 360 controller. So I know how it goes. It's just that most games, especially exclusives, were designed around a specific controller.

• Level   1

I bought the Cronus crossover gaming device, to use my xbox controller on the PS3 and it works really well. I was expecting to have to buy a microsoft wireless adapter but surprisingly, one came with my order. So if you think of the $30 price for the adapter, the device will only cost you $30. In my opinion, it's worth every penny/