keyboard & Mouse use for games like MW3

• Level   2
    Hey guys, so I was wondering if it was possible to use a keyboard and mouse on the Xbox for games such as MW3 or Halo. I have been a PC gamer for a while and feel more at home with the keyboard and mouse yet want to play on xbox with friends. So all in all is it possible, and if so, how? Thanks
    • Level   8

No X360 can't by anyway.

• Level   8
    Undeadfire Zero

No X360 can't by anyway.

Translation?

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king!

• Level   8

ChadManTX
    So all in all is it possible, and if so, how?

There is no authorized accessory that supports a keyboard and mouse for gaming on the 360.

• Level   8

There are mice available. Never tried one, but this one sounds like it works alright from the reviews.

www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_3

*** I see stars! ***

• Level   3

While any USB keyboard and mouse be plugged into the console, this has a limited use, like for typing messages.

You're not going to find a solution that you will like on the XBOX. Give the controller a chance, or stick with PC.

Buzza24
    Daniel B
    blog.danielburrowes.com - www.bloodshoteyes.net 

• Level   8

Your best solution: tell your friends to buy a PC! I just recently got into PC gaming because I finally got an amazing gaming PC.

• Level   2

Haha, yeah tell your friends to get PC.

Just like dashboard said it's awesome.

Twitter @SlanginJordan!

• Level   2

The best adapter on the marker is XIM3, though stock levels are low as they sell out as soon as the stock is renewed, XIM do other adapters but the xim3 is known to be the best. Please do further reading on this item as I don’t own one but every review I have read highly recommend this product.

Genius is born--not paid

• Level   8

You can use a wired keyboard on the dashboard & Guide Menu, for typing messages quickly etc... I have also used my Wired Microsoft Keyboard for games like Guitar Hero too & you press Y,X,A,B etc..

• Level   8

Just Remembered.. You use the Start or Windows button on the keyboard (Next to Alt Key), for the Guide Menu...

• Level   8

Muad Dib 1119

The best adapter on the marker is XIM3, though stock levels are low as they sell out as soon as the stock is renewed, XIM do other adapters but the xim3 is known to be the best. Please do further reading on this item as I don’t own one but every review I have read highly recommend this product.

The use of one of those on MW3 is prohibited as stated by Activision. There was a huge debate about this in the old forums and MW2/BO.

• Level   8

There is a possibility of getting Permi-Banned from Xbox Live with one of those XIM3 Devices, if detected... They are Firmware Upgradeable & they are classed as a Mod &/or Manipulation Device of Xbox Hardware...

• Level   8

NanoTechSoldier

There is a possibility of getting Permi-Banned from Xbox Live with one of those XIM3 Devices, if detected... They are Firmware Upgradeable & they are classed as a Mod &/or Manipulation Device of Xbox Hardware...

No, they are not. This is False and inaccurate Information. It's simply not Licensed and may Void a Warranty (if applicable). It's no different from using any other Third Party Non-Licensed Controller. There are plenty of them out there that do not carry Official Endorsement and pretty much none of them will get anything Perma-Banned.

Sorry, I don't know who told you that but it is incorrect.

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   8

It is a device that has upgradeable Firmware & Manipulates the Xbox360 into thinking it's a controller... Essentially a modded controller to be banned etc...