Stop making us pay a fee to use Netflix and Hulu!

• Level   M

I am glad that hulu and netflix are under gold.  Its another reason "for me" to stay gold.  I am tired of "free".  I dont even get "free" anything from the companies I buy goods from, 21 years....nothing.  I get store credit and kick backs.  I still paided for them doing business over the years.  

--------------------

Those are 2011 numbers in 2012.  We will have new numbers for 2012 in a few months.  I also understand that 5 people can look up 5 stats and we "might" get 5 different numbers.  Depends what point they are trying to make.  MP

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. @PhDPeddler

• Level   6

@Tough Pro. I was actually trying to be generous and not bring up that point. RR0D on the Xbox was far worse than the PS3's YLOD. Not to mention even the early 400.00 Xbox 360 was a pretty barebone system. No HDMI, no digital/optical audio and no internal Wifi. Even with an adaptor, the original console cannot support digital surround sound or HDMI video. Even if your original Pro or Core console actually made it without RROD, you can't really take advantage of your Astro, Tritton or Turtle Beach surround sound headphones. That is reason for many to upgrade to a digitally supported Xbox 360. I for one started with the launch console. Now I'm playing on a slim. Meanwhile, the original phat PS3's are the most expensive ones on EBay because they had the most features including full backwards compatability and card readers.

• Level   6

@Peddler. But what features are you getting with premium Netflix that you cannot get with the free version on every other device? At one point in time, The Xbox 360 version was superior for a minute after they finally added 5.1 support. The party feature was great as well which actually made Netflix worth paying for. Then with the Metro update, Netflix changed the software to better reflect all the other (free) Netflix software and outraged a whole lot of people. Now lets be realistic here. What incentive does a gamer who doesn't play online have by paying 60.00 a year for services that can be had with a 1 time 50.00 fee in the form of a Roku box?

• Level   8

Murderstyle75
    What incentive does a gamer who doesn't play online...

Who cares?! Honestly, why does someone need "incentive"? And if they don't play Online Games, maybe, just maybe they really shouldn't be using an Xbox 360/ Xbox LIVE to not playing Online Games or watching Netflix?

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   M

For me it's options.  The options I have are, 2 ipad's, one phone, 1 xbox and a wii.  We ( the family) choose xbox over the rest. But when cartoons come into play, we have the options of the ipads and the wii.  MP, be back later.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. @PhDPeddler

• Level   6

@Kauz. You do realize though that the majority of Xbox owners are not good subscribers. Right? I use the word incentive because if these people really did follow your logic and go somewhere else, Gold subscribers would make next gen console sales reflect a console more like the N64. Not everybody likes Online Multiplayer and most people don't even play it.

• Level   8

Speculations much? And please don't use some Third Party Link that I can find just as easily from Google. Even if so, again, so what? Do you work in MS/ XBL Marketing?

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   6

Speculation? You just said yourself that gamers who do not play online shouldn't use the console. If you do the math of Online gamers vs offline gamers, your logic that they shouldn't use Xbox 360 would erase about 70% of the userbase.

• Level   8

Murderstyle75

Speculation? You just said yourself that gamers who do not play online shouldn't use the console. If you do the math of Online gamers vs offline gamers, your logic that they shouldn't use Xbox 360 would erase about 70% of the userbase.

What?! But you just stated it's incentive for those who are not going to playing Online? What good does this do for me? Let's see, a Silver Profile get's Netflix because they aren't going to intend on playing it Online or even use the Online Gaming Service and yet this is "good" for me?

Sorry but that makes no sense what so ever.

• Level   6

It's good for you because by your idea, they could very well just go play somewhere else that does offer them these features without having to spend 400.00+ extra through the course if a generation just to use the same programs available on a 50.00 top box. Now if they went someplace else, do you really think your console would have even close to the same developer support that it has right now? The people you think should leave are the very same people who keep great 3rd party games on your platform of choice.

• Level   2

Same thing I would think, why spend money on a xbox for Netflix and nothing more,but if they spend the money on a xbox just for that, well it's their $$.

• Level   M

After this post, I will have said what I needed to about netflix and free ( derail the thread).  If anyone still wants to talk feel free to send a PM.

---------------------------

I always ask myself what is the real goal behind something "free"?  The two things that come to mind, buy a different product from us or sell us the same product later in time.  So, I have to disagree with the op.  I choose ( my option) to spend my money how I want to.  I want to pay for gold to have that option to watch netflix, if I so choose.  We can go into small details about it.......does not really matter to me.  It seems a bigger waste of energy.  Either I ( we) do or dont.  MP

• Level   2

Sure buddy.

• Level   M

Just though of something kinda funny.  Sign / add says "kids under 6 eat free". Why not, "buy kids meal and parents eat free".  I dont need details.

• Level   2

LOL, Good one.