What is The Best Internet Speed of Xbox Live?

• Level   4

i currently have 12MBPS and I was wondering what the best/fastest connection would be for hosting and running all my online matches smooth? i hear comcast offers 50MBPS but i am wondering what the best connection for a wireless connection would be and i have a lynksis G wireless router and i heard something about the xbox slims built in wireless adapters running better on N routers?

• Level   5

the best connection is still ethernet cable directly to ur router.

the built in wireless adapter is a ton times better then the other one.

i stopped the wireless stuff, i did waste enough time with improving that.

sure some of my xboxs need to use wireless but i say the only smoothed way is with cable.

my personal word of the week: 

"splash screen"  xD

• Level   4

so can you have a smooth way if you are wired to a router and not directly wired to the modem? why wouldnt a router make it smooth if your hard wired?

• Level   5

u know when they tell u its 12 MBPS u never get exactly 12 right?

no matter what u do. a wire connection is always better then a wireless. if u connect the xbox directly to the router u should get a good connection. if ur internet is slow already u should get a other internet provider.

connect ur xbox with a cable to a router  that works best. thats what i try to tell u.

u can get good wireless internet but the xbox wireless device also got a limit and it will never be fast like when u connect the xbox directly with a wire to ur router.

i hope u know what the difference between a router and modem is and between wireless and wire.

and yes with 50 MBPS ur internet would be faster.

if u wanna stick with wireless cause thats what u talk about, then get the 50 MBPS.

i prefer a way faster connections then wireless but thats up to u

"splash screen"  xD

• Level   4

so my question is if i want to direct connect what MBPS should I have and what kind of router should i be using?

• Level   5

u dont know what i talk about right? its ok ill try to explain. is it ur parents internet connection? u maybe think the wireless station u use is ur router but its not.  in ur wall should be a box where ur telephone is connected and from there goes a connection to a modem. im not gonna explain u all that in detail. i dont wanna be mean but please, ask ur parents if its not ur internet connection.  if it is urs, call the support of ur internet provider. man if u dont have any idea of that, dont touch it. u could ruin it and then u have no connection at all. a internet provider send u people who do that for u. tell them what u want and they will do that. if u want a faster wirless, then call them, if u wanna use wire connection, get someone who can help u. sorry

"splash screen"  xD

• Level   1

Honestly, the speed you are at now is perfectly fine.

• Level   4

My internet download speed is 10MBPS and 1MBPS for upload and I have no problems whatsoever in hosting games.

I also use a Netgear all in one modem/router which my console is hard wired to.

Getting worse with age and doing terrible, lol  :) 

• Level   1

For my xbox, I could never use the wireless adapter for some reason.  Must've been my internet compatibility but alls I had to do was directly connect it to my router and it works perfectly.  It's more stable than wireless because its a line,

• Level   5

Cdawgx7

so my question is if i want to direct connect what MBPS should I have and what kind of router should i be using?

A 12mbps connection should be fine for xbox live.  A wired connection to your router is a great way to connect to your internet because you don't have to worry about all the interference that comes with WiFi and can be better when dealing with latency.  I use WiFi on my console at home and I have the S model of xbox.  I chose to use that because I did not want to string a cat 5 cable from my living room back to where my DSL connection resides. 

As far as routers go, I would recommend a router that has a lot of processing power to it, so the router itself doesn't produce any "slow downs" on your internet connection.  Netgear, Linksys, and D-Link all make some really good routers to game on.  Just make sure when you are comparing that you don't go with the cheapest of the cheap, unless that is all you can afford.   Having a higher ended router, can make a huge difference in your gaming experience.

Those who think they are smart are very annoying to those who actually are.

• Level   1

with internet it really doesn't make a difference if you have 12mbps or 50mbps because 12mbps is plenty, you need to worry about your latency. latency is how many packets are sent over the web how many were success and how many were lost. to test your latency/ping go to     www.speedtest.net    A wired connection like the others said is the best choice but it depends on how latency which is caused be how you actually get your internet service ISP. if it is through a wireless/satellite it will be crap but a dsl will end up being you best choice.  sorry that i am posting on a old article but i am sure this will  help a lot of you in the future.

• Level   1

tit

• Level   1

shud of just put wat 2 use not writing a hole story

• Level   5

PresentShelf685

shud of just put wat 2 use not writing a hole story

You may want to check the dates on the posts.  This is an old thread.

Those who think they are smart are very annoying to those who actually are.

• Level   1

i use charter its pretty