MW3 Modders/Hackers

• Level   2

Hackers are more common now then ever sense MW3 has launched. I have been playing all the C.O.D. games sense they came out. But lately in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 I have noticed a lot of players with either Modded names, clan tags, or they have Hacks. For example, When I had a few friends over and we were all taking turns playing my MW3, we had a problem with a player that just would not die no matter what we did to him. When I was playing I had shot the guy 3 times in the head with the L118A Sniper Rifle, got 3 hit markers each shot and seen the blood spatter on the wall behind him, then the next thing I know the player had disappeared and knifed me from behind, and upon watching the Kill Cam from his point of View all you see is 3 muzzle flashes from my gun his screen goes bloody  (Flashing red) and then his knife is sinking in the back of my guy. This happened no matter what weapon I used, be it a Frag/Semtex Grenade, Smaw, RPG, Sniper, Assault Rifle, etc. After the match had ended I backed out of the lobby reported the player and blocked him. I joined another lobby and let my friend play. When she was playing every time she got close to one particular player she would lag and die, and the kill cam did not come up. After the match was over I did the same thing as before, blocking and reporting the player. But it seams the more players I block or report the more players I find with mods and hacks in the next lobby. When I do find a "Clean Lobby" of no Modders or Hackers, I lead the team, I normally go 20+ kills and 3+ deaths, but when a player is modding or hacking I am either in the middle going 10-10, 11-11, or at the bottom of the team going 5-15, 3-20. I know a person can't always be good in every match they play, and that there are better players then me out there, but when I have been playing All the Call of Duty games and I normally come in first - third in the game, some times lower it just gets me upset to see such a good game being ruined by players who just have to win all the time no matter what the risk, be it Modding, Hacking, Tapping the router, Boosting, Etc. I just hope that reporting the player actually does something, because I love to play on Xbox Live, and I feel that because people pay to play on Xbox Live that hackers and Modders should be dealt with quickly.

Thanks for reading

WolfAngel4Ever

• Level   2

The PC version is plagued with hackers on modern warfare 2 and 3 far worse. But with xbox360  everyone of those people (if they really are cheating) has modded their xbox 360 and likely using a burned disc. Report them, but be SURE. Just because someone is better than you, or kills you around every corner doesn't make them a cheater could of been the uav, hearing your gun reload or running, checking corners, etc. So be certain.

• Level   1

i know the team are trying to combat the hackers since the game came out, we have already had one update that stopped some of the glitches so i expect we will have another one v soon

HERE TO HELP

• Level   2

I make certain of all that, because I use Turtle Beach head sets, so I know all of the sound tricks. I like to use them my self to get an easy kill. I just reported the few obvious modders/hackers Like the guy that took 3 head shots from my L118A and then knifed me in the back. It happened on SeaTown. He was across the map behind the big hole that I guess is a well and I was in the building that has 3 ways into it. I even made sure he didn't have a guest. I would feel bad if I reported someone that I wasn't sure was modding/hacking. Thank you for the quick reply BTW.

• Level   2

Thanks for the fast reply andrew01992, knowing that the team is trying to do something about the hackers makes me feel better. I had a few friends switch over to the PS3 but I refuse to do so, because I just love Xbox Live.

• Level   5

Im sure that developing these games so fast means they have less time to concentrate on flaws etc..

• Level   5

this is the exact reason i dont play call of duty anymore, its not about having fun anymore, its all about the hackers an glitchers which is why i refuse to purchase MW3 you would think infinity ward would have sorted this pre release but it sounds to me its basicly MW2 with some new maps thrown in, bring back WW2 versions they were much better, if it wasnt for like hundreds of hackers on COD WAW id still be playing that

follow me @ http://twitter.com/XCA_VivaLaLamb Yep i am a female gamer :0P

• Level   5

Viva La Lamb

this is the exact reason i dont play call of duty anymore, its not about having fun anymore, its all about the hackers an glitchers which is why i refuse to purchase MW3 you would think infinity ward would have sorted this pre release but it sounds to me its basicly MW2 with some new maps thrown in, bring back WW2 versions they were much better, if it wasnt for like hundreds of hackers on COD WAW id still be playing that

Exactly.  People come in complaining about the hacking and glitching and cheating in these COD games yet buy them every single year expecting change.  lol  Then it happens with each DLC then that gets patched and by the time most of the stuff is cleaned up, the next COD game is out.  

• Level   5

WolfAngel4Ever

Thanks for the fast reply andrew01992, knowing that the team is trying to do something about the hackers makes me feel better. I had a few friends switch over to the PS3 but I refuse to do so, because I just love Xbox Live.

switching to PS3 isnt gonna solve the problem its most likely to be the same on that version

• Level   8

Mystery Entry

Im sure that developing these games so fast means they have less time to concentrate on flaws etc..

Release now, patch later mentality. 

timothywilliamsnyder.tumblr.com

• Level   8

CAMAROBOY69

Viva La Lamb

Exactly.  People come in complaining about the hacking and glitching and cheating in these COD games yet buy them every single year expecting change.  lol  Then it happens with each DLC then that gets patched and by the time most of the stuff is cleaned up, the next COD game is out.  

Umm.... Blops was hack/mod free.

-

@Viva La Lamb  I play MW3 on the PS3 and have not encountered a single hack/mod.  A couple glitched clan tags, but thats it.

Pre-orders: Destiny, inFamous Second Son, Watch Dogs, Stick of Truth, Fable Anniversary,  FFX/X-2 HD, The Division, Titanfall

Proud owner of both the PS4 and Xbox One

• Level   5

BEASTmmb

CAMAROBOY69

Viva La Lamb

-

@Viva La Lamb  I play MW3 on the PS3 and have not encountered a single hack/mod.  A couple glitched clan tags, but thats it.

i know black ops was free of hacks mods etc which is why it makes me angry that treyarc get bashed for their games yet infinty ward are all praises when its their games that have the most problems

• Level   9

Really?  Who could have predicted this?

Moderator Deleted 

• Level   9

Viva La Lamb

BEASTmmb

CAMAROBOY69

Viva La Lamb

-

i know black ops was free of hacks mods etc which is why it makes me angry that treyarc get bashed for their games yet infinty ward are all praises when its their games that have the most problems

Yes Treyarch does a GREAT job with their games. Still my favorite COD developer.    I should have clearified that IW games always have the cheater problems.  Yes I agree that Treyarch gets bashed way too much.  However I do wish Treyarch would bring back 4 player co-op campaign like in WAW.  Everything about that game was so dang fun.  4 player co-op campaign, 4 player co-op zombies,  Death cards, gore and so much more.  

• Level   7

It's a Call of Duty game. What do you expect?

Groovy.