Is the Report system working?

• Level   8

A thread on here was locked within moments of it being posted.

Yet threads on other parts of the forum, despite being reported, have had no action taken on them for over a day now.

Is it worth people filing reports if they are not going through, or worse just being ignored?

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.

• Level   7

They say it works...

FireFighter.

First Responder.

EMT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMbXnSwAQWQ

• Level   7

doesnt seem like it.

• Level   8

I reported an off topic thread in Black Ops this morning and it is still active. Just finished reporting 4 youtube video posts in the same forum, I guess they'll still be there tomorrow...

I have noticed the forums got an update again today so that may have slowed enforcement action down a little bit.

• Level   5

Many threads that I have reported have been deleted within the hour.

But remember that Moderators aren't always looking at the forums.

Watch a Korean Drama.

• Level   6

Since the forum update I've reported 2-3 things and as far as I know they were all taken care of within a few days time. It's not ideal but at least the mods did notice and do something.

Take a deep breath. Hold it. Let it out.

• Level   5

Do people report threads?

Moderator Deleted 

• Level   6

Not me, unless it's a scam or some other obvious rule break. Otherwise I just report specific posts that go way over the line.

• Level   8

Please forgive the Twitter-esque @ but multi-quoting here is a pain.

@Temhotabot: As mods will say I complained a lot on the old forum about how long reports took to be actioned on and it has only gotten worse since the 'upgrade'.

I have also said that the mods should not be responsible for anything other than enforcing the rules. With of course the possible exception of telling the people in charge that things may be wrong.

@gameshoes3003: Perhaps but I'd bet that is just on the US side. I've reported a lot of threads elsewhere and nothing is done for hours. The extreme example of course being the eleven days to deal with a report of site advertisement.

@UnyoBro: Sorry but I don't consider a few days acceptable. I used to think I was being harsh by saying that reports that should be dealt with inside of two hours. Judging by current examples I was being far too lenient.

@Elite Rampant: Yes I report a lot of threads. I believe that everyone should play their part in policing the forum. Yet is is becoming increasingly clear that only a handful of mods care, the rest just like the benefits it gives.

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.

• Level   5

why would anybody report a thread on the internet? Is that how you get your kicks? Is your life devoid of any meaning so you resort to being the internet hall monitor?

• Level   8

ThriLL KapsuLE

why would anybody report a thread on the internet? Is that how you get your kicks? Is your life devoid of any meaning so you resort to being the internet hall monitor?

I report threads because I believe that everyone should do their part in making the forum be the best that it can be.

After all what is the point in having rules in place on the forum if mods can't be bothered enforcing them.

• Level   7

voteDC

A thread on here was locked within moments of it being posted.

Yet threads on other parts of the forum, despite being reported, have had no action taken on them for over a day now.

Is it worth people filing reports if they are not going through, or worse just being ignored?

This is something new?  The mods will always say that they read every report, but ever since I started posting here years ago, it's been the same thing all along.  They do skip over reports, there's no way they don't.  Somehow spam can go on for days in certain areas, yet that exact same activity will be taken care of within ten minutes in other areas.  I quit bothering with it years ago, there's no point in wasting your time reporting anything.

• Level   6

ThriLL KapsuLE

I only report people when they're being douchebags to other people. This is a public forum and everyone has the right to be treated equally. But that being said I really don't report much, just when it's really over the line. I don't care about swearing or trash talking and minor stuff like that.

• Level   8

The Operator

This is something new?  The mods will always say that they read every report, but ever since I started posting here years ago, it's been the same thing all along.  They do skip over reports, there's no way they don't.  Somehow spam can go on for days in certain areas, yet that exact same activity will be taken care of within ten minutes in other areas.  I quit bothering with it years ago, there's no point in wasting your time reporting anything.

The longest period of time on the old forum I ever experienced from report to action was seven hours.

Now I considered that excessive because DMZilla posted a list of 60+ active moderators from all over the world this time last year. Now that wasn't a list of all the moderators, just those who were considered the most active.

I complained a lot on the old forum about response time, as the UK General used to be hit quite regularly by the most foul posts by people who knew that their filth would be left untouched because moderators would not be active.

The response I got essentially boiled down to "stop complaining."

Now I don't claim to be a perfect poster, I've received a forum suspension for Profanity after all, however I don't think I am wrong in expecting reports to be dealt with in a timely manner.

So no, this isn't anything new but the length of time is just getting worse. It seems the amount of mods who do give a damn can be counted on one hand these days.

• Level   7

I agree with votedc.

FireFighter.

First Responder.

EMT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMbXnSwAQWQ