Xbox Live Free 1-Month Trials

• Level   2

GloriousPlague

They actually did that to me and got me for 20 bucks tili found out.

Wow, that sucks dude. Did they charge you the full price per month too, or was it at a discounted rate?

[MOD REMOVED]

• Level   5

Not surprising lol.

• Level   5

That's pretty low of Microsoft, but it doesn't really surprise me in the slightest.

CRUMPETS & TEA.

• Level   1

you don't need to give the bank details when you change your region to Korea, then start the 1 month trial

• Level   1

I tride that and now its silver not gold what can I do and if you can if you have that code generate for xbox live codes please send me a message telling me it my gamertag is colt965

• Level   5

That Darn Cat 2

So...has anyone else noticed the changes Microsoft have made since the updates in regards to first-time gamertags receiving a 1-month free trial of Xbox Live before ever purchasing Gold?

Unless I am mistaken or somehow misunderstood how things work now, in order for anyone to get that free 1-month trial, you have to give them a credit card number to put on file, such that upon the 1-month trial Gold membership being used up, Microsoft (you guessed it) will automatically start charging your credit card for additional months.

What are your individual feelings on this?

been like that since last summer I tried a gamer tag That I was thinking about trying out since I got a new copy of BF along with a new MP online pass that I didn't even need, yeah you need a credit card to start your one month FREE trial, and YOU have three separate shots, BUT I cancelled mine out before It started to charge me. Works just like the nextflix one month free promo, IF you don't cancel before the trial is up IT will start charging you.

"Jokers so Tuff, he eat the boggers out of a dead man's nose than ask for seconds"

• Level   5

Ummmm just so you all know that actually happened quite some time ago to stop people making tags over and over. It stops GTs from being used up when a real member could use them.

• Level   5

FueldRockets

That Darn Cat 2

So...has anyone else noticed the changes Microsoft have made since the updates in regards to first-time gamertags receiving a 1-month free trial of Xbox Live before ever purchasing Gold?

Unless I am mistaken or somehow misunderstood how things work now, in order for anyone to get that free 1-month trial, you have to give them a credit card number to put on file, such that upon the 1-month trial Gold membership being used up, Microsoft (you guessed it) will automatically start charging your credit card for additional months.

What are your individual feelings on this?

been like that since last summer I tried a gamer tag That I was thinking about trying out since I got a new copy of BF along with a new MP online pass that I didn't even need, yeah you need a credit card to start your one month FREE trial, and YOU have three separate shots, BUT I cancelled mine out before It started to charge me. Works just like the nextflix one month free promo, IF you don't cancel before the trial is up IT will start charging you.

Check the date!

• Level   4

colt965 @ There's an app at the Japanese Xbox LIVE that gives you a one-time 48 hours code to use. It's Monster Hunter thingy.

-

Paying £1 is cheaper than redeeming 48 hours and I get to use all of Gold's exclusives.

• Level   8

W1LD SEVEN

Ummmm just so you all know that actually happened quite some time ago to stop people making tags over and over. It stops GTs from being used up when a real member could use them.

Since this thread was posted in May, six months ago, I think the OP might have realised that.

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.

• Level   1

i think that it is pretty dumb but im fine with it because i got some new codes for christmas

• Level   7

Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't start this a long time ago. I can just imagine the forehead slap the Microsoft executive gave himself once he realized they could have been getting away with this all along.

Attack on Titan has been added to Netflix. Watch it. I'm serious. Do it now.

I hardly ever check my private messages. If you want to ask/tell me something, feel free to message me directly on Xbox Live or Twitter

@Sword_StyIe

• Level   7

I don't get what is wrong with this. If Microsoft gets you with this, it is no one else's fault but your own. You were in no way tricked or played. And it is in no way shady or lowly of Microsoft. I mean come on...Netflix does the EXACT same thing. I just signed up for Netflix two days ago. I did the one month free trial. It asks for my credit card information. I put it in. It tells me that I can cancel the one month trial at any time during the free trial (just like you can do with the Xbox Live free trial), but if I do not do that by the end of the trial, I will be charged $8 for the next month of service. People need to learn to read before just pressing A over and over again to quickly advance and get started.

As you see my Jedi powers are far beyond yours.

• Level   1

Do they at least warn you that you will get charge if you don't cancel before the one month period? If they do, then I don't see a problem with this, other companies do it all the time. Doesn't make it right, but that means everyone should be used to it by now. If they don't warn you, then that's low, even for Microsoft.