la noire why 3 discs?

• Level   1

can someone tell me why there are 3 discs?

• Level   5

because the game has too much data for 1 dvd

• Level   1

ok perfect thank you very much...so when Im done with the 1st disc will it tell me? sorry to be a noob but thank you for your help

• Level   5

your fine thats what the forums are for and yes it will ask you to insert Disk 2

• Level   1

ok tight....thanks again...hit me up on live sometime..

• Level   6

I think the main reason was because there are so many different dialogue outcomes based on what can you say and how NPCs respond to that.  And the MotionScan software takes up a lot of data hence why it can't all fit on one disc.  Rockstar claims that the game was originally going to ship on 6 discs until they started cutting content!

Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.

• Level   5

"Blu ray is not needed " lol

• Level   7

ThugLife67889

It's not needed. It would certainly help but it isn't a need. People can change discs. It isn't a problem. As long as the game is there is all that matters.

Lets Go Buffalo!

• Level   7

originally it was supposed to be 6 discs for us but they cut it down to 3.

• Level   2

To hear they even went over a blu-ray disc at one stage is very impressive. o.o That facet alone has now sold this game to me.

• Level   5

And i wonder what would happened if the game remained exclusive to the ps3...would have been a longer, better game i presume. Thanks xbox...thanks alot.

• Level   3

My la noire is on one disk, and we 'll see what rockstar can really do with the ps3 when agent and they're other Sony e xclusive game comes out

• Level   5

DanteSparda504

ThugLife67889

It's not needed. It would certainly help but it isn't a need. People can change discs. It isn't a problem. As long as the game is there is all that matters.

it is a problem, its too small for bigger games like L.A Noire Dead space 2 . we shouldn't be doing things we did in 1997 this is supposed to be Next gen. When games are being compressed because of space issues it makes it a problem.

• Level   8

Six disc! Damn that's alot of content. Switching discs is no problem at all, but we are eventually going to get a format even better than Blu-ray at storing data with all the content developers can put on these days.

• Level   5

A format better than blu-ray?

Im sorry April fools is next year. Microsoft can't even get a good OS going these days ,you think they can create a better format than blu-ray? Be my guest.

I also read a few months ago that they are going to be releasing blu ray disks with 100gb of space.