Caution about Playfire.com

• Level   2

I don't know if this site is legit, I signed up for it and had to enter Windows LIVE ID and Password. It sent a message to all my friends saying http://www.playfire.com/xbox/{their gamertag here}. I wouldn't trust this site. I went and changed my Password already. Just a little warning to people.

[Removed]

• Level   5

Why do people think that the sPlayfire is a scam? it is pretty clear that the site is legit, I'm a member, I have nothing wrong and it's also has pretty neat community, I wonder why others are speaking of this..

Sometimes, dolphins deserve better than just being sea creatures..

• Level   1

if you give your windows live id and password to a non-microsoft site you are basically asking for trouble.

you are giving a website instant access to your account anytime they want.

whether they seem legit or not ,their site may not be secure and your details will be up for grabs to anyone.

• Level   5

And however who rated my post a 1 star, my answer was pretty serious, I just messed up a bit typing fast. Playfire is a safe site.

• Level   8

The difference is that Playfire seems to be the only site to require you to provide your Windows Live ID and Password to 'verify' who you are and then it uses those details to spam people on your friends list with an invite to the site.

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.

• Level   5

Stop 5 staring your own post Crazy... Seriously, just accept the fact that people dislike your post. You don't see me 5 staring my own post.

Links To Things You Don't Care About.

My Twitter

. My Halo Stats.

• Level   7

They're part of the community developer program, so they are legit and won't steal your information, but they do that automatic message thing. It's a legitimate community website and they claim they don't save your details.

• Level   5

Read this thread from it's own forum for example: forums.playfire.com/.../102622

• Level   8

They certainly save them for long enough to use them to send messages.

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.

• Level   5

When you sign up it asks if you wish to send messages to friends. It seems most people are too lazy to click the box that says "no".

• Level   5

I'm not sure if it is playfire (only heard of them recently with the scam business, to be honest) or a decoy site posing as playfire for info. but it sounds like there is a scam going on where they pose as playfire for your info.

i recently got a message from one of my friends saying to join up with an added link. this message has an automated feel about it and if any site was using their gamertag and info to send auto messages, then it isnt cool. whoever is doing this, it does sound very "legit" if the site is using people's gamertags to foward messages for any reason. Maybe, Crazy, thats why people are rising the issue?

• Level   1

www.xbox.com/.../Stolen-Account

• Level   5

Playfire

What is Playfire?

It's a social network where Xbox Live, PSN and PC gamers can track their stats and show them off on a cool profile, follow what their friends are playing, and talk about all the latest games.

Sounds cool. Are you guys legit?

Yes! We're a real company with real offices in London, UK. We've raised over $3m in investment from some successful entrepreneurs like the founders of Skype and EA. We're an official Xbox Community Developer and Playfire is used by over 450,000 gamers already.

Nice. So why do I need to log into my Xbox Live?

Clearly you're a popular person, as some of your friends created you a profile on Playfire so you'd join up!

Playfire only works if you have friends on it, so they invited you to the join the service.

You need to log in to verify you're actually the gamertag you say you are before you can claim the profile. Otherwise anybody could claim anyone else's profile.

What do you do with my login details?

We confirm you are the right person, and then throw them away! We don't store them ever. Not even your email address. Nothing is ever saved.

In fact, we never even see your password as it's fully encyrpted the whole time. So your details are completely secure.

Hmm. I'm still unsure.

We completely understand. It's healthy to have a certain level of skepticism online. To reassure you, though, Playfire is totally legit - we're a proper company with real offices in London, we're partnered with the great guys at Xbox through the Xbox Community Developer Program and know them in real life, and just want to make it easy for you to connect with your friends. Nothing is ever saved and the whole process is totally secure.

If you're still uneasy, you can email us on team@playfire.com or call us on (UK) 020 7183 8689 or (US) 415-513-0781 with any questions you have. We'd love to hear from you! (For extra bonus points, include any feature ideas you have to improve the site!)

Battlefield 3 is better than Modern Warfare 3

That's not a question.

I have other real questions!

That's not a question either. However, I know what you're getting at. I'm going to repeat what I put at the end of the last questions:

You can email us on team@playfire.com or call us on (UK) 020 7183 8689 or (US) 415-513-0781 with any questions you have. We'd love to hear from you! (For extra bonus points, include any feature ideas you have to improve the site!)

Straight from the site.

• Level   7

CrazyMvM94

Why do people think that the Playfire is a scam? it is pretty clear that the site is legit, I'm a member, I have nothing wrong and it's also has pretty neat community, I wonder why others are speaking of this..

<sigh> I hate to do it, but I agree with Maurice. It is in fact pretty obvious that playfire is legit. It's also the most basic level of common sense to find out if something actually is a scam, before you start crying scam. Making such a claim about a long standing and reputable site just makes you look foolish.

Attack on Titan has been added to Netflix. Watch it. I'm serious. Do it now.

I hardly ever check my private messages. If you want to ask/tell me something, feel free to message me directly on Xbox Live or Twitter

@Sword_StyIe

• Level   4

Smooth talkers.  Still require to much personal info. Might aswell give them your bank card pin #, since they dont even look at what you are sending them and they just throw it out.

I'm out.

Playing WSOP.....    waiting for it to come to X1!