PAYDAY 2 - INFO ABOUT THE UPDATE / PATCH / DLC

• Level   5

Well it seems that no matter where you look online, there isn't any recent info regarding the major Payday2 update.

The update was refused by Microsoft ages ago because its over 4GB in size and that was announced in October 2013.

Since then, all anyone is doing on forums and news sites is speculating and gossiping.

Well I got fed up and emailed the big boss of the OverKill Games company directly.

This is the most up to date and TRUE information regarding the Payday 2 update since October. A world first.

I cannot seem to upload a screenshot of my emails to and from, but I will copy and paste them below...

Dear Overkill,

Why is it that you have neglected so many of the Xbox community with your DLC and updates/patches?

After paying full price for the game as have many others, I feel completely cheated as the game is essentially “broken”.
    It is more like a game that is still in its development and is not yet fit for a retail release.

I agree that after the success of your original Payday game, you deserved a full retail release, but not at the cost of the consumer.
    It is the consumer that has supported you and it is the consumer that funds this game and any future projects, so your service is of paramount importance.

Why hasn't their been an official statement made by staff about the situation with the Xbox 360 since October 2013?
    Please can you clarify what exactly is happening to fix the broken Xbox version of Payday 2?
    Myself and many other players around the world are all wondering whether its best to sell or shelve this once promising title.

Yours faithfully,
    Ben.

Hey Ben!
    Thanks for the e-mail. We're working hard on making sure the Xbox update is released as soon as possible. The problem is that the Xbox has very restricted rules in comparison to the PS3 and the PC when it comes to how DLC content and updates work. PAYDAY 2 requires a certain amount of disk space that the Xbox has a hard time handling. We have had to go back and forth with Microsoft account managers for some time as well as sending one of our programmers to a Xbox conference abroad in order to find a solution to the issue. We believe that we're on the right track but since a long time has passed we'd rather not get any hopes up by saying anything too soon. At this point, it's better to wait until we're done before we adress the Xbox community.
    Thanks again for the e-mail and sorry that you have to wait.

Best,

Almir Listo, Lead Producer
    OVERKILL - a Starbreeze Studio

• Level   5

Aka Microsoft are being goobs and not letting it pass it's strict guidelines. I mean, it works on PS3 and PC, and I know the architecture is a bit different, but if they even sent a guy abroad to fix the problem and Microsoft is still like "nope", it's seriously stupid on MS's part.

-

I wouldn't be surprised if Overkill just stops working with Microsoft considering how bad they've been treated.

\o/

Praise The Sun!

• Level   9

I'd cut MS at least some slack.  I mean, think about the countless amount of patches that have passed certification.  So, what's the problem with this one??  Obviously, Overkill isn't doing something right.

• Level   9

I doubt it. They're a fine developer and have had patches in other games certified without incidents before for other games. I mean, they even sent a guy freakin' overseas to meet with a guy from Microsoft to figure out what the goddamn problem was.

\o/

Praise The Sun!

• Level   8

payday 2 is broken? how? i have not had any problems with the game. i have never encountered a glitich. what is wrong that needs to be fixed?

THE IMMORTAL D is currently waiting for DESTINY

• Level   8

I didnlt see that. Yes, OP, why si the game broken? I've never seen any comments on the forum about it being broken and have never encountered any issues while playing it. I thought this post was referring to how they never added any DLC,which is badly, badly needed.

\o/

Praise The Sun!

• Level   1

It's not broken in the sense that it's unplayable, but it is broken in the fact that the physics don't always work right, that you can grab objects through walls, that there are safes which spawn inside walls, that there's a way to glitch yourself into a bank vault. It's like buying a used car and finding all these issues with it: it still runs and will get you from point A to point B, but it would be a much more enjoyable ride if X, Y & Z were fixed. I'm not sure if Overkill is getting boned by MS or if Overkill is fouling up somewhere, but in the end it's the consumer getting bent over and forced to take it with promises that it will get better "soon". At this point, there may not be anyone left to play it once a patch does get released.

• Level   5

The reason MS have rejected the update is because it is over 4 GB in size.

4268 MB to be exact.

• Level   9

Sweet Jesus!  Is the game itself even 4 gig in size?!

• Level   9

Thats what I figured it was. From what I've read in the past MS makes us consumers pay for any update that is over a certain size, regardless of if the developer wants to make it a free update or not.

\o/

Praise The Sun!

• Level   8

update always must be free. who would pay for an update?

THE IMMORTAL D is currently waiting for DESTINY

• Level   8

I would pay for the update at this point, since Overkill has their hands tied.

\o/

Praise The Sun!

• Level   8

Yeah me too, if they just released this as DLC at the lowest price possible I'd be all over it. The game only cost me $35 so I'd be very willing to throw another $5 at it.

• Level   5

I would also gladly pay for the update / patch.

As its also extra DLC too so that is usually a paid for item anyway.

I know Overkills intention is to give the DLC for free with the patch, but I don't care.

Charge me. Charge me the same price I paid for the game if you want!

It's total is over 4GB in size anyway, so that's basically a whole game.

I enjoy Payday so much its been the best game release in years for me!

Have made a really tight group of friends just off playing it.

I have never had that from any other game, ever.

The game oozes decent, mature gamers that want to work as a team.

None of these 10 year old, trash talking, trigger happy, team betraying idiots.

Keep that rubbish on COD, Halo, GTA and all the other games they ruin!

So come on MS, we will pay for it! Now finger out and release it.

• Level   5

I wouldn't say the game is full of saints, but it for sure is a great game to play and make friends. I mean, what is more tight knight than robbing a bank with your best buds, right?

-

I can't stress enough how great of a game this is, and how sad and pissed off it makes me feel that it's never going to get a chance to thrive. The game is fantastic but it needs content really bad.

\o/

Praise The Sun!