Question about Achievements for the Xbox 720 and Xbox 360.

• Level   5

I'm worried about not being able to obtain Achievements for Xbox 360 games anymore since most of them won't be backward compatible for the Xbox 720.

_

When I play games on the Xbox 720 and unlock games on my new profile on that system that means I'll have my account in two places. I'll have it on the Xbox 720 and the Xbox 360.

_

What I'm worried about is that I'm going to have to play as many games as I can on the Xbox 360 before playing the Xbox 720 cause if I start playing games on the Xbox 720 and want to unlock Achievements on the Xbox 360 games I can't. It won't show up on my profile.

_

What I'm trying to ask is if I have my profile on two systems will Achievements gained from both systems show up on my gamercard or will only one system show up until I transfer my gamercard from my Xbox 360 to the Xbox 720?

_

I'm kind of worried about not being able to unlock Achievements for the Xbox 360 if I'm mostly playing the Xbox 720. I'm worried that if I play the Xbox 360 they won't get added to my updated profile that's on the Xbox 720.

The hard of hearing are allowed to join the Xtreme Deaf Gamers. That is why I'm a member.

I have Aspergers Syndrome.

• Level   8

There is no Xbox 720?! All and any of this is pure Speculation and/ or Rumors and nothing more?!

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   5

i don't see why microsoft won't make the next xbox backward compatible. and i am sure we can transfer our profiles to the new abox.

THE IMMORTAL D is currently waiting for MORTAL KOMBAT X

• Level   5

The next Xbox 360 is rumored to be released next year.

_

The main question I had was if I play games on the Xbox 360 will those games and Achievements show up on the profile that's on the new Xbox system or will I have to play all the Xbox 360 games I want then transfer everything to the new Xbox system?

The hard of hearing are allowed to join the Xtreme Deaf Gamers. That is why I'm a member.

• Level   8

Mu1derAndScu11y

The next Xbox 360 is rumored to be released next year.

_

The main question...

That's exactly the point. It's all Rumor and Speculation. There is no answers for any questions, because it's all Speculation. Honestly for all anyone knows, there might not be a Next Gen, next year or even the year after or the year after or even the year after.

Short story, there won't be any answers until it actually becomes real and is sold in the Stores.

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   5

Okay, I'll just wait then. Thanks guys!

• Level   5

Mu1derAndScu11y

I'm worried about not being able to obtain Achievements for Xbox 360 games anymore since most of them won't be backward compatible for the Xbox 720.

says who? since this generation was so long most likely the next xbox will be backwards compatible

_

When I play games on the Xbox 720 and unlock games on my new profile on that system that means I'll have my account in two places. I'll have it on the Xbox 720 and the Xbox 360.

so? if i bought and played a games for windows live game my account would be in 2 places at once.

_

What I'm worried about is that I'm going to have to play as many games as I can on the Xbox 360 before playing the Xbox 720 cause if I start playing games on the Xbox 720 and want to unlock Achievements on the Xbox 360 games I can't. It won't show up on my profile.

why couldn't you? they wouldn't stop support for xbox live on 360 for at least 3 years after the next box comes out, and since GFWL is also linked to your gamer profile I doubt you couldn't get achievements on it.

_

What I'm trying to ask is if I have my profile on two systems will Achievements gained from both systems show up on my gamercard or will only one system show up until I transfer my gamercard from my Xbox 360 to the Xbox 720?

both system most likely... the original xbox didn't have achievments.

_

I'm kind of worried about not being able to unlock Achievements for the Xbox 360 if I'm mostly playing the Xbox 720. I'm worried that if I play the Xbox 360 they won't get added to my updated profile that's on the Xbox 720.

number 1, achievements are pointless. stop worrying about them,

number 2, your gamer tag and card stays the same. I highly doubt they will wipe everyone's achievements unless they plan on having a reward system for achievements.

Best free game of the month: Saints Row: The Third.

• Level   3

I wouldn't worry too much, I am sure they will transfer over. But, as people in this thread have said it is only speculation. Pretty sure it will be backwards compatible though, I read that somewhere.

I admire your passion for achievements, carry on!

Looking to track your achievements, join gaming sessions, and hunt for achievements?

CLICK HERE to join TA now!

• Level   5

The chances are the next Xbox willbe backward compatible, if its not and the PS4 is, then this could sway me towards a PS4

Follow Me On Twitter @Midnight_Ste

• Level   8

Marwood II 87

The chances are the next Xbox willbe backward compatible, if its not and the PS4 is, then this could sway me towards a PS4

Just Off Topic real quick but if I could ask (it's something I just don't get) would be, why in the world is BC so important to some people?

What I mean is, do people really buy a Next gen Console so they can play Games on their current Generation Console they already own? What would be the point? Just save the money for the cost of the new Console and buy a few more Games instead?

It just doesn't make any sense to me. I can kind of understand within the first couple months of a Launch of a Next Gen Console (when new Games are sparse) but 7 years later?

• Level   4

LostKauz

Marwood II 87

Just Off Topic real quick but if I could ask (it's something I just don't get) would be, why in the world is BC so important to some people?

What I mean is, do people really buy a Next gen Console so they can play Games on their current Generation Console they already own? What would be the point? Just save the money for the cost of the new Console and buy a few more Games instead?

It just doesn't make any sense to me. I can kind of understand within the first couple months of a Launch of a Next Gen Console (when new Games are sparse) but 7 years later?

Backwards compatibility would be nice because some people dont have enough room or inputs to have multiple consoles hooked up at once.  Or the number they can have hooked up at once is limited.  It would be nice if I could unplug the 360 and stick it in the closet when the next comes out.  I already have 3 machines hooked up to my receiver and a huge backlog of 360 games to play.  Swapping consoles isnt hard, but it is time consuming and annoying.  Certainly not a deal breaker if it doesnt have BC though.

@Marwood II 87 -  I wouldnt bet on the PS4 being backwards compatible.  It costs money to do it right and they have a nice business going with PS1/PS2 classics on the PSStore.  I can forsee PS3 classics for sale digitally when PS4 comes out.  Who is going to buy the digital ones if they can just pop the old discs in?

Communicator: Perhaps this is what it means to be bound by sin. To spin in the same circle, looking for where the sin lies, and at some point losing sight of the way out.

Rakka: What's the right answer, then?

• Level   7

I don't care that much for B/C because I will most likely keep 1 of my 3 Xboxs to play my 100+ discs laying around.

But i'm sure a lot of gamers would like to sell their 360 for the new Xbox because they don't want multiple consoles hooked up.

Also, just because a new system comes out doesn't automatically mean that the past generation of games become useless & no one wants to play them.

Say the next Xbox comes out & it doesn't play Gears of War 3, now when I get other friends online who haven't spent the $$$ on the next Xbox & they want me to play Gears 3, i'll need a way to play it with them.  I'm not going to shun my friends for not spending money on a new console.

It is clear that our Profile will carry over, because it did with the OX to 360.  I just hope they don't give us a problem transferring over all of our Arcade titles & other various digital purchases.  That will bother me.

As for Achievements, although they don't really do anything for us gamers in the real world, they are still far from pointless & is a great addition to this gaming generation.

Having a whole log of everything I played throughout my years on the 360 is awesome.  I wish I could go to a website & see all the games I played on the Dreamcast, N64, Genesis, NES, PS2, etc.

Comparing with friends is also a great feature to either get help or give help to fellow gamers.

MS would be complete fools to let this mentality go.

Next XB1 purchase: Forza Horizon 2
    • Level   5

LostKauz

why in the world is BC so important to some people?

It's funny, but part of the reason I ended up buying this generations consoles was for backward compatibility.

By 2006, my poor old Playstation 2 (the launch models weren't exactly paragons of durability in the first place) had been dragged through a dozen places back when I was an undergrad. Years of constant moving, lousy enviroments (and worse roomates) had taken its toll on the console. Its still played fine, but I wanted a PS3 anyway (MGS4 was coming!).

I snagged a leftover 20 gig fat PS3 and stuck a 250 gig hard drive in it. For the first few months, I played more PS2 games on it than PS3!

Similar deal with my 360 (except I waited to buy a 360 until 2009). My Xbox had started to tank (disk read errors) and I had always wanted to play 360 exclusives (Mass Effect in particular). I was warned off by a few gamer friends who cautioned me that the 360 was a joke in regards to reliability and backwards compatibility. However, MS stopped making the Xbox almost immediately after the 360 launched, so a 360 would be the only way I could play Shenmue 2, Halo, or KOTOR at all. And after the jasper chipset boasted better reliability, I went for it.

• Level   3

CollapseControl

As for Achievements, although they don't really do anything for us gamers in the real world, they are still far from pointless & is a great addition to this gaming generation.

Having a whole log of everything I played throughout my years on the 360 is awesome.  I wish I could go to a website & see all the games I played on the Dreamcast, N64, Genesis, NES, PS2, etc.

Comparing with friends is also a great feature to either get help or give help to fellow gamers.

MS would be complete fools to let this mentality go.

Exactly. Well said.

Looking to track your achievements, join gaming sessions, and hunt for achievements?

CLICK HERE to join TA now!

• Level   2

If they get rid of achievements or make them reset all the hunters will b really mad, ppl work hard for the Gs they earn

Follow me on Twitter @CL_Chaos and Twitch.tv/CL_Chaos

I hold monthly Contest for games, gold, blue-rays, point cards, and once more join in bigger prizes like an Xbox 360 to join u must follow me on Twitter and Twitch