xboxone will it work with direct tv or dish?.

• Level   1

So it there any info out if. Xboxone tv stuff will work with dish or direct tv ??  Yes i do have good dsl. But cable tv service sucks where i live and most have direct tv

• Level   2

I believe it will work with both. It does not replace you tv reciever.  You will need to run the HDMI from the direct TV reciever to the XBOX . The XBOX is just a passthrough,  

• Level   5

The xbox is just a pass-through, just puts a added cover with connect functionality over the layout of your provider..

The scariest words in the English language are: “Hello, we’re from the government, and we’re here to help.”

XBOX ONE DAY ONE EDITION 

• Level   1

Ok thats cool.  Live tv only. I can deal with that.

• Level   2

I am assuming that the pass-through is still active even if the xbox is turned off? I don't want the family to have to turn on the Xbox every time they want to watch t.v.

2005 World Champion CHICAGO WHITE SOX.

• Level   4

Mark whitten actually said you would be able to use DVR functionality like pause, rewind, fast forward with kinect  voice.

• Level   4

What he meant by that is you'll be able to use the IR blaster function of Kinect to operate your DVR box with voice commands, not that you can record stuff on the Xbox. Just for clarification

@FaviousM

• Level   4

Oh I know. I realize to record, we'll still have to use our cable box, but I thought it was nice you can operate the live tv functions with Kinect

• Level   4

I'm hoping the Kinect/Xbox will have a 'Learn Command' functionality like most universal remotes have, you could technically control anything that has a remote then

@FaviousM

• Level   4

They said it has thousands of codes pre programmed, so it should be interesting to see what works. They mentioned its a possibility to even control your volume with voice

• Level   1

The xbox one does not work on dish network and  im pissed

• Level   2

I don't understand why it doesn't work with dish network, it works with direct tv just fine - I would assume there isn't really a difference between the two . The dvr of Direct Tv works also if you pick up the dtv remote - I just hate the fact that you have to have the xbox on to watch DTV if you use the pass-through so the solution is a $8 hdmi splitter from amazon.

2005 World Champion CHICAGO WHITE SOX.

• Level   2

I have a Dish Hopper and it works just fine with XB1. It's not very useful to me though with no control over DVR and pass-through issue.

• Level   4

For me personally, the hopper system is near perfect as is. I did not even attempt to use the Xbox one with it.

• Level   1

I don't know why the UHF signal the XB1 isn't working for non-hopper users. I understand its bringing up the guide through the internet connection, but yet I cannot change channels, FF, Rew, Pause of any other function involving the actual receiver. If the hopper users can use any of these functions, I might upgrade since I'm on the fence about it already.