Xbox One sucks

• Level   1

why you got to keep paying to have a membership for and playstation you dont pay for no membership but is free and the bad part about the xbox one you cant play your 360 games.Sense the kinect is not 100% on point let the people test the game out instead lets see if the xbox one have what it takes to prove everybody wrong. what microsoft scared of ps4 bc is better and is on point and people dont need to waste money on it if you dont believe the xbox one is still not great check this article out this what microsoft says and please your be upset when you cant play 360 games to the new system

Why The New Xbox One Won't Play Old Xbox 360 Games

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/why-the-new-xbox-one-wont-play-old-xbox-360-games-2013-5#ixzz2Ty8XnrNd

Microsoft's new video game console, the Xbox One, won't be able to play older Xbox 360 games. The news came out following the company's big presentation this morning.

According to Todd Holmdahl, the Xbox hardware boss, the move was necessary to push the Xbox platform forward and enable more advanced games.

"We created a new architecture," Holmdahl said in an interview. "It was too much of a burden for us to develop for both sets of games."

He also said it wouldn't be possible for future software updates to add backwards compatibility.

So all those Xbox 360 games you have sitting on your shelf? The only way you can play them is if you hang on to your old console. Historically, console makers have done their best to ensure new devices were compatible with older games. But it looks like Microsoft found it more beneficial to pack all those extra features in the new console rather than allow you to play older software.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/why-the-new-xbox-one-wont-play-old-xbox-360-games-2013-5#ixzz2Ty8kK6by

The newly announced Xbox One will not be able to play previous generation Xbox 360 games, Microsoft confirmed Tuesday.

The Xbox One is designed on an x86 architecture, on a new eight-core chip. The Xbox 360 uses a Xenon processor, with PowerPC architecture, making the systems incompatible.

"The Xbox One hardware is not compatible with Xbox 360 games. We designed Xbox One to play an entirely new generation of games — games that are architected to take full advantage of state-of-the-art processors and the infinite power of the cloud. We care very much about the investment people have made in Xbox 360 and will continue to support it with a pipeline of new games and new apps well into the future," a Microsoft spokesperson said.

The Xbox executive said there is currently no support for backwards compatibility, leaving the door open for that possibility in the future.

It's the same problem Sony is facing with the PlayStation 4, which is also moving from x86 architecture from the PlayStation 3's XX chip. Sony executives hinted that PlayStation 3 games will eventually be playable via emulation on the new console, thanks in part to its purchase of the GaiKai cloud gaming engine.

With eight years of games and an established network via Xbox Live, Microsoft will certainly face some outrage from gamers that the older console is quickly obsolete. A statement from Microsoft's Don Mattrick hinted the Xbox 360 still has a future, and there will be more announcements surrounding the console this June at E3.

What do you think of the Xbox One lacking backwards compatibility? Share your thoughts in the comments.

• Level   1

First off, dude learn some grammar. You typing all ebonics over here makes it hard to read. Second of all, all you did was copy paste descriptions of articles...and provided no views of your own. And for all the people who complain about not being able to play your old games on a next gen console...if you want to play OLD games that bad, dont buy the new one. But IMO its time to move on, consoles are finally moving to x86 and are becoming more powerful, which will help game developers give us even more out of our new games. Once the first couple of new games come out and people realize how great they look and how well the game plays, people will forget about not being able to play Halo 3 on it... I swear some of you guys expect a new console to do EVERYTHING.

• Level   2

whiny babies....

• Level   4

Backwards compatibility would be nice, but it is not a necessity for me as I'll still keep my 360.

>

Peace, J.R.

• Level   5

Backwards compatibility is actually quite hard to do between xboox one and the xbox 360 and even the ps3 and ps4... the ps4 and xbox one ( at least from what I read ) use the x86 architecture and the xbox 360 and Ps3 uses the power pc architecture. The power PC architecture is similar what macs used before they went to intel based chips ( Which are the x86 architecture chip). This is great simply because now it will be a lot easier to port games between pc, ps4 and xbox one so all game should somewhat look on par between ps4 and xbox one ( obviously pc games will always trump because you can upgrade gpu's )

A similar reason why the Xbox 360 had limited backwards compatibility with the xbox 1 games because it used a NVidia GPU while the xbox 360 has an ATI ( AMD) gpu in it and basically the original xbox was basically a PC in a box

• Level   1

We don't expect a new machine to do everything we just expect a gaming machine to be for gamers like the wii u who has fully backward compatibility with all wii games and peripherals. Is that too much to ask the wii was number one in sales not because it had the most powerful hardware but because Nintendo focused on gamers and the wii games are fun. Instead of fun ms gives us a blue ray player ? (that we didn't want or asked for and is not necessary for playing games) a halo tv series with Steven S. really MS? Learn from Nintendo. The one to benefit from all of this will be Nintendo and the wii u cause is truly for gamers. After 10 years of supporting MS has slapped us in our faces.

• Level   5

Kasumininja

We don't expect a new machine to do everything we just expect a gaming machine to be for gamers like the wii u who has fully backward compatibility with all wii games and peripherals. Is that too much to ask the wii was number one in sales not because it had the most powerful hardware but because Nintendo focused on gamers and the wii games are fun. Instead of fun ms gives us a blue ray player ? (that we didn't want or asked for and is not necessary for playing games) a halo tv series with Steven S. really MS? Learn from Nintendo. The one to benefit from all of this will be Nintendo and the wii u cause is truly for gamers. After 10 years of supporting MS has slapped us in our faces.

(MOD REMOVED)  just read my post again.... smh

• Level   1

Appearance wise, I wasn't impressed. The Xbox One looks like a VCR. A black box with no visual appeal at all. The controller looks like a clunkier version of the already perfect Xbox 360 controller. Why in the hell did they move the Xbox button up to the top of the controller? And the name. Oh god, the name. Why would Microsoft call it the Xbox One? Why not just call it the Xbox 720 so everyone doesn't get it confused with the original Xbox? Or even better, they should have just called the Xbox 360 the Xbox 2 so that his could be the Xbox 3.

Now, onto my other concerns. No used games without paying a fee. All games will be locked to your Xbox Live account with a code that you get when you purchase the game. Say goodbye to renting games, buying used games or borrowing them from your friends unless you want to pay Microsoft on top of what you've already payed the rental store/game store. All games will have to be installed to the hard drive. A 500gb hard drive will fill up in no time with games that have the capacity of blu-ray discs. With a blu-ray disc, one game could take up 50gb of space. Amd that isn't even taking into account the gamesave data and DLC for games.

Another thing I'm disappointed with is no Xbox or Xbox 360 backwards compatibility because they decided to move back to the x86 architecture from the PowerPC architecture. Getting original Xbox games to work on the Xbox One should be a piece of cake since the original Xbox ran on x86 as well. Xbox 360 would be more difficult to pull off since they would have to emulate, and I'm unsure if the 1.8GHz Xbox One processor would be fast enough to emulate the Xbox 360.

Also, say goodbye to all your Xbox Live arcade games. Since all of the Xbox Live Arcade binaries are in the PowerPC architecture, none of them will run on your Xbox One. Luckily, I don't have many XBLA games, but some people will be pissed at this.

Another big negative is the fact that the Xbox One will need to connect to the internet at least once every 24 hours to function. Xbox One developers also have the option to make a game require an internet connection just to play a single player game. Be on the lookout for issues similar to the Sim City launch in the future if companies decide to go along with this.

All of these pieces beg the question: what will happen 10 years down the road? What happens when Xbox Live for the Xbox One gets shutdown by Microsoft like it did with the original Xbox 3 years ago? What happens if Microsoft drops out from the gaming industry all together? Will all Xbox One games stop working because the servers shut down? Will all the games that you bought become coasters because their servers aren't able to activate or validate the games connected to your profile?

None of these things sit right with me, and I refuse to buy an Xbox One. Microsoft really dropped on the ball on this console in almost every possible way. If I had to buy a next gen console, I'd be getting a PS4 for sure.

• Level   2

It does suck, terribly

• Level   4

THELOX2013

Appearance wise, I wasn't impressed. The Xbox One looks like a VCR. A black box with no visual appeal at all. The controller looks like a clunkier version of the already perfect Xbox 360 controller. Why in the hell did they move the Xbox button up to the top of the controller? And the name. Oh god, the name. Why would Microsoft call it the Xbox One? Why not just call it the Xbox 720 so everyone doesn't get it confused with the original Xbox? Or even better, they should have just called the Xbox 360 the Xbox 2 so that his could be the Xbox 3.

Now, onto my other concerns. No used games without paying a fee. All games will be locked to your Xbox Live account with a code that you get when you purchase the game. Say goodbye to renting games, buying used games or borrowing them from your friends unless you want to pay Microsoft on top of what you've already payed the rental store/game store. All games will have to be installed to the hard drive. A 500gb hard drive will fill up in no time with games that have the capacity of blu-ray discs. With a blu-ray disc, one game could take up 50gb of space. Amd that isn't even taking into account the gamesave data and DLC for games.

Another thing I'm disappointed with is no Xbox or Xbox 360 backwards compatibility because they decided to move back to the x86 architecture from the PowerPC architecture. Getting original Xbox games to work on the Xbox One should be a piece of cake since the original Xbox ran on x86 as well. Xbox 360 would be more difficult to pull off since they would have to emulate, and I'm unsure if the 1.8GHz Xbox One processor would be fast enough to emulate the Xbox 360.

Also, say goodbye to all your Xbox Live arcade games. Since all of the Xbox Live Arcade binaries are in the PowerPC architecture, none of them will run on your Xbox One. Luckily, I don't have many XBLA games, but some people will be pissed at this.

Another big negative is the fact that the Xbox One will need to connect to the internet at least once every 24 hours to function. Xbox One developers also have the option to make a game require an internet connection just to play a single player game. Be on the lookout for issues similar to the Sim City launch in the future if companies decide to go along with this.

All of these pieces beg the question: what will happen 10 years down the road? What happens when Xbox Live for the Xbox One gets shutdown by Microsoft like it did with the original Xbox 3 years ago? What happens if Microsoft drops out from the gaming industry all together? Will all Xbox One games stop working because the servers shut down? Will all the games that you bought become coasters because their servers aren't able to activate or validate the games connected to your profile?

None of these things sit right with me, and I refuse to buy an Xbox One. Microsoft really dropped on the ball on this console in almost every possible way. If I had to buy a next gen console, I'd be getting a PS4 for sure.

I buy a new console for new games I dont about BC specially from the first Xbox

now if they wanna reboot them for cheap i'm all for it only game I want is Mechassault 1 & 2

As for the appearance of the Xbox One, it doesnt look to ouch different from the current 360

a few modifications yeah but it still looks modern, the ugliest console to date is still

a tie between the brown Atari & PS3 (all 3 models)

• Level   1

i don't see why some of you are complaining about the console looking like a VCR box... you're just being whiny. They're trying to make everything look simpler, as we can see in the logo movement of Pepsi, Apple, Microsoft, and so on. PS4 also released that they were not going to have backwards compatibility with PS3 games, just as the Xbox One will not do with the Xbox 360. Some people are just so opposed against the Xbox One because they ride Playstation hard. Also, people are mad about not being able to have used games, do you not think that you can just take your memory chip from the Xbox One out and just bring it to your friends house? Then you would have your profile and game saved on that hard drive and you can just play at another person's house. The use of downloadable games instead of discs is so that stupid places, I'm talking about you GameStop, stop making a huge profit from us selling them back games. This way, there won't be anymore of those stupid "GameStop pre-order bonuses" and hopefully, games will have bonuses from just completing the game, just loke how they were in the old games. The Playstation 4 did not even release their console yet, so why are so many people deciding to go after Xbox One without knowing exactly what they're competing against? Oh yeah, specs were leaked. Yeah, that's legitimate. How about some just wait before judging, and stop hating over money?

• Level   1

Sony revealed the first hardware specifications of its PlayStation 4 today, promising "supercharged PC architecture," an x86 AMD processor and 8 GB of GDDR5 unified system memory.

"We wanted to hear from developers," said Mark Cerny, lead system architect, at Sony's PS4 unveiling. "We spoke to dozens of the best teams in the world. We wanted to know what was important to them. We wanted to make them happy. Our goal was to create an architecture that would facilitate the expression of their ideas."

Cerny called PS4 "a platform by game creators, for game creators."

Cerny later added that the PS4 will feature a secondary custom chip that manages uploads and downloads of shared content and that "digital titles are available to play even as they download." The PlayStation 4's graphics chip will also be able to help with processing that had previously been limited to the GPU. He showcased the potential with a demo involving Havok, a physics simulation engine, that dropped 1 million objects onto the environment. The simulation was powered by the GPU.

Update: Sony Computer Entertainment released a full spec sheet for the PlayStation 4, confirming specific details and the existence of a Blu-ray drive in the console.

The PS4's GPU contains "a unified array of 18 compute units" capable of generating 1.84 teraflops of processing power, Sony says, which can "freely be applied to graphics, simulation tasks, or some mixture of the two." The system's 8 GB of memory offers 176 GB per second of bandwidth to developers, Sony claims.

Here's a rundown of tech specs from Sony.

Main Processor
    Single-chip custom processor
    CPU: x86-64 AMD "Jaguar," 8 cores
    GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon based graphics engine

Memory
    GDDR5 8 GB

Hard Disk Drive
    Built-in

Optical Drive (read-only)
    BD 6xCAV
    DVD 8xCAV

I/O
    Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0) AUX
    Communication Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
    IEEE 802.11b/g/n
    Bluetooth 2.1 (EDR)

AV output
    HDMI
    Analog AV-out
    Digital Output (optical)

PS4 SPECS

Here's the official listing of the PS4 specification, released after the event.

Main Processor:
    Single-chip custom processor
    CPU: x86-64 AMD 'Jaguar' 8 cores
    GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon™ based graphics engine

Memory:
    GDDR5 8GB

Hard Disk Drive:
    Built-in

Optical Drive (read only):
    BD 6xCAV
    DVD 8xCAV

I/O and communication:
    Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0)
    AUX
    Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
    IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
    Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)

AV output:
    HDMI
    Analog-AV out
    Digital Output (optical)

PS4 PROCESSOR AND GRAPHICS

It's been widely-known for some time that the PS4 would use AMD technology, both for its CPU and GPU elements – as is the remarkably similar Xbox 720. AMD hardware was confirmed at the launch, although the precise architecture wasn't discussed in much detail.

• Level   2

TBH I am not that shocked about not being able to play full retail 360 games on the new console, I am more than pissed that we cannot play our XBLA games. I still regularly play worms and other fun little XBLA games when friends visit I can see no reason why these less complex games would not run easily on the new console other than greed on Microsofts part , this linked with the fact that all game on the Xbox -1 will be linked to to you profile your are pretty screwed if you buy a  lot of games and your console breaks, you pretty much have nothing to show for the money spent But hey xbox's never break I am sure that I am alone being on my fourth console.Not everyone has the funds to constantly replace these things when they break out of warranty.

• Level   3

you do not need a internet connection to play single player games on the xbox 1. there was a interview after the show yesterday on spike tv and that dude from MS said so himself.

NY Jets - Jeff Gordon - Trish Stratus - Alabama (Roll Tide!)

IT'S TEBOW TIME!!!!!

• Level   4

Kasumininja

What the hell is so hard about keeping your 360 plugged in? If you want to keep playing the old games then don't *** buy the next Xbox. I don't understand why you would spend 500 plus dollars on a new system only to play the old games. It always amazes me how people go on ranting about not enough things or options and now the next Xbox does like 5x as much, and you complain about it.

Is MS forcing to purchase their console?

Is MS forcing you to use all the additions if you do purchase it?

The answer is NO! 

Christ, this forum is filled with some of the biggest idiots around. 

ps. Oh, and I know this is shocking news, but VIDEO GAMES ARE NOT AN INVESTMENT!

Investments accumulate more value over time, not lose it.