Why no bluetooth?

• Level   4

I know they like to have their proprietary stuff but really no bluetooth? I have a Turtle Beach headset, I like it but it's complicated... plug it into the back of the 360's usb, splitter for the audio, connect a wire from the controller to the headset... all this could just be eliminated with bluetooth, right? I'd still my the MS stuff, honestly... I'm on the fence as it is with this new system and it's the small things that really might have me hold off on getting it for a loooong time.

Turn down the machines. Turn down the helicopter. Turn down the prime time. Shut those guns down. Isn't that better?
    • Level   4

I thought the Xbox One DID support Bluetooth? Where does it say it doesn't?

• Level   4

Hm I guess I assumed it didn't since they didn't spec it....thought it has Baked-in Wi-Fi Direct to connect with Smartglass, and their wireless 360 type of connection for the controllers from something I read. I was sure they would have at least put it on their specs if they included it since the 360 doesn't, hopefully I'll hear differently as time goes on.

Turn down the machines. Turn down the helicopter. Turn down the prime time. Shut those guns down. Isn't that better?
    • Level   4

Reading up and there isn't anything, yet, that says there is bluetooth but a couple are reporting that there isn't support... I think it would be an almost ideal system if they would just support bluetooth instead of having to use splitters and such to use headphones with it, or even have to be wired into your controller to use the headset.

• Level   5

Perhaps PS has a hold on it. PS3 has it, maybe they took some routes to keep Xbox from it.

• Level   5

Pure Ratchet

Perhaps PS has a hold on it. PS3 has it, maybe they took some routes to keep Xbox from it.

False.  Anyone who wants to incorporate Bluetooth can do so at no cost. http://www.bluetooth.com/Pages/sig-membership.aspx

Those who think they are smart are very annoying to those who actually are.

• Level   2

There's still a few issues that interest me too. For example.. Polks new X1 headset is surround sound yet it just plugs into the controller and has a built in mixer on the cable.. So wireless in a fashion.

What I'm trying to work out is, whether it also has a wireless transmitter that plugs into the X1 which is sending the signal or whether the X is capable of sending a surround sound signal itself, straight through the WiFi and direct to the controller?

Preorder cancelled, then ordered and then cancelled again...
    • Level   3

Wireless N, Gigabit ethernet, WiFi Direct.

• Level   5

SirAngry

I thought the Xbox One DID support Bluetooth? Where does it say it doesn't?

It does not support Bluetooth. They changed all the connectors and the way things Sync so that you have to buy all new stuff ( note at 499.99 you dont even get a cheap headset)

Headsets, racing wheels, even the warheads they just came out with ,,,,,, nothing works

people like turtle beach have to sign contracts with them just to get the rights to use their new connector.

Physical DRM

~Xbox 360, X1 ,Wii U ,PS Vita ,PS4, 3ds XL ~

• Level   4

Ya just read they are not even including a headset.... $500 consoles, maybe $70+ games, $60/yr XBL, $30 headset, this is getting way too expensive for me. Last year I've been board gaming and gotten much more out of the 8 or some games I've purchased than most games I've bought over the whatever years I've been playing xbox and 360... cept for maybe the Splinter Cell series. They say you don't need one since you can talk into your Kinect, but what about us that can only play with a family sleeping upstairs? I currently use Turtle Beach headphones to hear the action and talk (quietly) on the mic, if only they would finally add Bluetooth I could dump all the extra wires and such that are currently hooked up to my 360... blah MS your making it rough on us gaming dad/middle income families that, esp, right not can't afford all the extras. I am really thinking that I'll be holding off for a LOOOONG time on getting a One, got plenty of 360 titles to finish anyhow, I guess.

• Level   2

r3dreck

Ya just read they are not even including a headset.... $500 consoles, maybe $70+ games, $60/yr XBL, $30 headset, this is getting way too expensive for me. Last year I've been board gaming and gotten much more out of the 8 or some games I've purchased than most games I've bought over the whatever years I've been playing xbox and 360... cept for maybe the Splinter Cell series. They say you don't need one since you can talk into your Kinect, but what about us that can only play with a family sleeping upstairs? I currently use Turtle Beach headphones to hear the action and talk (quietly) on the mic, if only they would finally add Bluetooth I could dump all the extra wires and such that are currently hooked up to my 360... blah MS your making it rough on us gaming dad/middle income families that, esp, right not can't afford all the extras. I am really thinking that I'll be holding off for a LOOOONG time on getting a One, got plenty of 360 titles to finish anyhow, I guess.

Console is $500, games are $59 and below, Xbox Live is$60 but can be had for less. Headset has no MSRP, yet likely $20. So this new ONE is only $100 more that the 360, yet is better in every capacity, offers many more benefits, and includes the Kinect; which admittedly should be optional, yet I can understand why it's required.  

If you  did your research you would know that Bluetooth only has a throughput of around 3mbps (MAX) and can really only accommodate chat, not surround sound headsets.. Additionally I'm quite sure that only one bluetooth device can be paired and active at any given time. How do you plan on listening to your console sounds and listening to and chatting at the same time?

As a middle class dad isn't also more cost effective to purchase an adapter that will allow you to use your current turtle beach headset, instead of going out and purchasing a mythical bluetooth one.

• Level   4

I think I was reading (www.ign.com/.../xbox-one-incompatible-with-current-gaming-headsets) that the wired 360 headset won't work with the One so I might be correct in assuming that my current headphones (which connect to the controller the same way as the wired) which works with the 360 won't work as well? So, in order to play at night without noise from the tv I'd need to upgrade? Sorry I am not up on the ways of bluetooth, but I know i do have a wireless bluetooth set of headphones I use when I run with my phone... I am able to listen to music and also use them to talk I just assumed that it would be the same... even in the end a bluetooth or at the least proper wireless headphones that don't require connection to the usb/power source and splitter would be way better cleaner and simpler to use. Maybe the headphones are bluetooth and still wired into the controller for chat, I would be for that. Can their wifi direct or whatever it is do audio over it to say a set of headphones?

• Level   4

If they put out an adapter sure I'd buy it but who knows if and when they will?

• Level   4

www.xbox.com/.../accessories

• Level   4

Ah nice haven't seen those yet... well maybe there will be good cheap wireless headphones in the One's future.