Xbox One More Powerful than PC?

• Level   3

Microsoft has recently made some statements recently about the Xbox One and the Cloud that make it sound as if the Xbox One will eventually be more powerful than most PCs. It is upgradeable.....Kinda - (MOD REMOVED)

• Level   2

lol please dont make me laugh any harder than I am after seeing info / reveal on the Xbox One

• Level   5

cloud won't make it more powerful.

the xbox one will be more powerful than the average gaming pc, but that will change pretty fast. in 3 years the average gaming pc will be more powerful and the cycle will repeat.

Best free game of the month: Saints Row: The Third.

• Level   4

You sir,  present a very interesting argument.  I feel that you should work on Xbox's presentation for E3.  I never really caught that these were exactly what they had in mind.  I had more of the feeling that they could just maintain MMO type servers for the Xboxone.  Either way Xbox should expand and clarify what they are currently going to implement.

• Level   3

This is complete and utter BS. You're console can only handle what it can handle, nothing more, nothing less. It can only do so many calculations each given second. That is your bottleneck. I don't care what the cloud can do to help once it gets back to your XBOX it can only calculate so much, period.

You're only as good as the team around you.

• Level   6

THE RED DRAGON
    Microsoft has recently made some statements recently about the Xbox One and the Cloud that make it sound as if the Xbox One will eventually be more powerful than most PCs.

They never said that. They never even made the comparison.

You may not like the reveal, but Microsoft stayed on message (other than Phil Harrison being confused). That message did not include casting aspersions on other platforms.

It is upgradeable.....Kinda
    The Xbox One is not upgradeable. It's a sealed box. The most that can be added is storage space.

The experiences on the Xbox One may be enhanced by Azure. That's a far cry from calling a console upgradeable.

• Level   3

The Xbone will never be capable of rendering all of the same things, at the same quality, at the same time, and at the same resolution and frame rate as an upper midrange PC is capable of doing today. Ever. Period.

-

It doesn't take much hardware to overpower the Xbone; a PC with a 3.4 Ghz quadcore processor and a single GTX 670 will always be more capable than the Xbone. No amount of 'console magic' is ever going to change that.

• Level   6

Its potentially true. Potentially its more powerful.

Here's the catch,

While its connected. Lose that connection and my 3 year old laptop can probably beat it

• Level   3

www.oxm.co.uk/.../xbox-one-specs-are-boosted-by-the-equivalent-of-three-xbox-ones-in-the-cloud

• Level   2

To the OP:  Do you care to cite these statements because I find your post quite hard to believe.

Corona & Trinity-based S' w/ 4GB & 320GB HDD + Kinect * Jasper-based Arcade w/ 256MB * Zephyr-based Elite w/ 120GB HDD

• Level   5

it's stupid to think the cloud thing will work well. if your internet drops at all your graphics will dial back dramatically. there is only so much you can do server side with the high latency stuff.  if you want to run your game on the cloud it would be like sending data of what you need over the internet, the server processing it, and sending it back for your console to read  in less than 33ms,

-
    go to speed test.net and test your internet remember speedtest is usually much better off than it is in reality for you I have pretty decent internet and I usually get 20-25ms and this doesn't include any server side calculations at all.

-

33.3ms = 30fps btw even with my internet it would be impossible to use the cloud for 60fps gaming (which needs 16.7ms connection)   MS is just blowing smoke about what the future might hold and trying to make their console not seem as weak.

Best free game of the month: Saints Row: The Third.

• Level   2

Xbox one more powerful then a gaming PC? watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

Yeah maybe a alianware type, but not a home built gaming PC.

• Level   4

The OP is actually right. there have been plenty of Microsoft employees espousing the infinite power of the cloud!!! And forgetting the quite finite power of crappy Internet connections. The guys over at Digital Foundry have done a pretty comprehensive article on the 'claims' and pretty much it can be summarized as 'not bloody likely!':

>

www.eurogamer.net/.../digitalfoundry-in-theory-can-xbox-one-cloud-transform-gaming

>

It's marketing speak. Theoretically possible? Yes. Right thing to do? No, not at this time and actually quite some time away from being a viable solution.

• Level   2

Yeah though the cloud but whats stopping PCs from doing the same?  Nothing..... at all, that's what.  It's just that consoles can benefit more from it.