Only HDMI?

• Level   5

I was wondering if anyone has heard what types of video outputs the X1 will deliver to... anybody know? I could only find information detailing the HDMI capabilities... I game primarily on a HD monitor (with a weird aspect ration of 16:10 and 1680 x 1050 res) and the 360 actually supports this unusual display very nicely (over VGA) and I was hoping the X1 would too... or, I'm off to plunk down some more cash on a new PC/game console monitor... (I got this current one, in time for the 360 launch back on 11/25/05). Thanks!

These pretzels are making me thirsty!

• Level   8

No specifics have been revealed, but one can assume that since they did state that the unit will have a Blu-Ray player that it would have HDMI.  Not sure what else it would have.

Those who think they are smart are very annoying to those who actually are.

• Level   3

Looks like HDMI only.

Penny for your thoughts. 

Get yourself a cookie Microsoft.

Don't hate the free man!

• Level   3

yeah i thought this was rather stupid, alot of people still have older TVs with NON HDMI conections, my SAT box is SD definiton and has just a coax and composite outputs, i hope they atleast consider some adapters for people with older connections.

• Level   3

Well, everyone has to move on at some point - it might as well be now. Besides, why call it a next-generation console if it'll support older technology? Not that I'm against it or anything - just trying to play devil's advocate here. That & I personally have nothing to worry about because I bought a TV nearly 5 YEARS AGO (that's 1/2 a decade!) that supports HDMI connections. If you don't have 1 by now, then you're truly behind the times...

• Level   3

I'm honestly surprised peoples SD TVs still work. Mine all crapped out almost five years ago, ones internal components pretty much blew up during a storm, and the others just wouldn't turn on one day. But honesty, HDMI has been standard for a very long time(technology wise), if you aren't already using it you are way behind.

• Level   9

I have had an HDTV for 11 years now...I cant believe there are people out there that have a SDTV...Blows my mind..

The scariest words in the English language are: “Hello, we’re from the government, and we’re here to help.”

XBOX ONE DAY ONE EDITION 

• Level   5

Well you know what this means.....now they have to supply us with a HDMI cable.  

http://www.youtube.com/user/Stupranos
    • Level   7

would this not work ?

www.ebay.co.uk/.../380369616949

https://twitter.com/stevenhubbard13 follow for free cod ghost promo codes from monster energy

• Level   5

Well, thanks for the replies... I am actually surprised by this though, as with the 360 slims they came standard with composite... that's the same connection I used to hook up my old NES out of the box back in '86 (27 years ago!) to my old C64 monitor... I mean they haven't even made component standard yet... oh well, I guess I will have to upgrade my PC Monitor to one with HDMI (as stated, I primarily game in my office, on a PC monitor... which has the usual VGA, DVI-D, Component - and even composite - connections... just not HDMI... I do, and have for a long time owned HD TVs...). I actually know a lot of people though who do game on SD TVs... with their 360s too! Surprised there isn't more people crying about this one!

These pretzels are making me thirsty!

• Level   8

I'm sure they will make a HDMI adaptor to component/composite/scart available.

• Level   8

Why would they have to supply a HDMI cable? No other manufacturer of HDMI-based components supplies one in the box.

No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.

• Level   5

SlR WALKEN

Why would they have to supply a HDMI cable? No other manufacturer of HDMI-based components supplies one in the box.

DirecTV does ...

Monoprice for cables ,,no need to pay outrageous prices for cables

I do think they should have at least kept component/VGA outputs

• Level   7

TheLastKamikaze

I was wondering if anyone has heard what types of video outputs the X1 will deliver to... anybody know? I could only find information detailing the HDMI capabilities... I game primarily on a HD monitor (with a weird aspect ration of 16:10 and 1680 x 1050 res) and the 360 actually supports this unusual display very nicely (over VGA) and I was hoping the X1 would too... or, I'm off to plunk down some more cash on a new PC/game console monitor... (I got this current one, in time for the 360 launch back on 11/25/05). Thanks!

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=98_102&item_id=008244&sid=6iovlvqcqufnuqgejqe5lm88q1

-

Just pick one of these up and you will be good to go. When i first got my ps3 all i had was a 1920x1200 monitor with only dvi inputs on it. You just need to be sure your monitor is HDCP compliant, which it probably is.

• Level   7

paperwingsra

I'm honestly surprised peoples SD TVs still work. Mine all crapped out almost five years ago, ones internal components pretty much blew up during a storm, and the others just wouldn't turn on one day. But honesty, HDMI has been standard for a very long time(technology wise), if you aren't already using it you are way behind.

Darn dude, get a $10 surge protector. I do my gaming and movie watching on a 50" Vierra, but i still have my old 32" Vega downstairs in case of emergency. Surge protectors, they are worth the $10.