XBOX ONE = UNDERPOWERED PC

• Level   3

If I wanted a PC I'd buy a PC!

[{(* ><80>< * 0/\/€ *)}]

• Level   2

You might not want to at this minute, but you may want to buy a pc instead of the xbox 1...I'm leaning that way.

THANK YOU MS for all of your user friendly policy adjustments! Thank you!.

• Level   M

Uh, the Xbox 360 was also underpowered compared to contemporary PCs. What's your point exactly?

Xbox.com Forum Moderator - This post provided as-is, with no warranty and confers no rights.

• Level   2

boid

Uh, the Xbox 360 was also underpowered compared to contemporary PCs. What's your point exactly?

His point is the one is more like a PC than a games console, at least the 360 started off as a games console and added extras in which still annoyed a lot of people.

-

Sky Go, yeah as long as you dont have devices linked already., Netflix / youtube already done with smart TV's and PC's have the benefit of keyboard and mouse rather than control pad.

• Level   5

The Xbox 360 was actually fairly state of the art in some instances at the time.... why do you think they were taking a lose on the hardware?   The PS4 makes sense, it's probably a mid-tier machine but it is standardized so developers can get more out of it.  

I do NOT read RED text.   

• Level   2

Being underpowered compared to a PC doesn’t worry me as it’s a separate market. PC players will always point out that PS/XB will never beat a PC and I’m ok with that. I get a unit and it plays games for longer than a PC would without upgrades at a decent graphics level as developers are locked to the hardware but always surprise us with how they keep improving the graphics without needing a hardware update over time.

• Level   5

the ps4 is like a pc as well so who cares. being like PC is a good thing as developers can easily build games for the system. the whole purpose of a gaming console was to have an easy to use PC that was built specifically for games.

Best free game of the month: Saints Row: The Third.

• Level   7

Codename Jelly

boid

His point is the one is more like a PC than a games console, at least the 360 started off as a games console and added extras in which still annoyed a lot of people.

-

Sky Go, yeah as long as you dont have devices linked already., Netflix / youtube already done with smart TV's and PC's have the benefit of keyboard and mouse rather than control pad.

The PS4 and Wii U have some of the same apps that doesn't mean they aren't games consoles.

Don't make this any harder than it needs to be.

• Level   2

PeterTheWolf

Being underpowered compared to a PC doesn’t worry me as it’s a separate market. PC players will always point out that PS/XB will never beat a PC and I’m ok with that. I get a unit and it plays games for longer than a PC would without upgrades at a decent graphics level as developers are locked to the hardware but always surprise us with how they keep improving the graphics without needing a hardware update over time.

On PC, developers and gpu manufacturers improve graphics on games that have already been released. I can make Half Life 2 look better than any xbox360 game out right now. Half Life 2 was released over a year before xbox360.

• Level   5

The original Xbox was a PC.  It had a Intel Pentium III based CPU.  Your point is??

Got a question? Just ask. 
    • Level   2

@Summery

Thats with hardware upgrades. Im talking that the same hardware tech will produce better games each year. Look at how the Mass Effect graphics changed over time? Same hardware and yet improved each time till they pretty much have tapped all they can out of it.  On a PC they can tweak and tweak but more often than not its "to get this resolution you need to upgrade".  I dont fault it and yes, PC will always beat out a console but to me the ease and lack of after initial hardware purchases are worth it.

• Level   5

You don't *have* to upgrade a PC to still get good graphics though. Yes, if you want the newest games to run at max settings then you have to upgrade to keep up, but those new games will still play at lower settings and still likely blow console graphics away.

*** I see stars! ***

• Level   5

MAKO MARAUDER

The Xbox 360 was actually fairly state of the art in some instances at the time.... why do you think they were taking a lose on the hardware?   The PS4 makes sense, it's probably a mid-tier machine but it is standardized so developers can get more out of it.  

Every console to date was sold at a lose when they first released. Being state of the art (which it really wasn't as there were GPU's out that equaled or surpassed the one in the 360) didn't have anything to do with it.

@ OP, the PS4 is in the exact same boat so what is your point?

• Level   5

Completely untrue.... Nintendo actually made money on every unit (Wii minus R&D)....that is how they made hand over fist... they sold 5-6 year old tech at new price.    I would imagine the PS4 will be sold at or near costs... but if they sell it at $400-500 they might make money on each unit.   Most estimates for PS4 hardware is in the $275-350 range.  Hardware for the MS probably in the ballpark of the PS4 but with the newest problems costs could go up drastically unless they underclock.  

Since particular SKUs have not been announced for the PS4, its a wait and see... Sony is not going to lose $150-300 per console this time.    They have a much better box and it might actually be cheaper.... we'll see. 

I do NOT read RED text.   

• Level   5

Comparing PCs to consoles is silly. My PC rig is $1600 and it's considered mid range to hardcore PC gamers.