What happens if i dont play everyday?

• Level   1

I have an Xbox Live Gold membership but I don't play everyday. What happens if I don't play for 3 days? Will I be able to play on the 4th day or whenever I feel like playing again? Does the Xbox one contact Microsoft servers on its own when its off? Can anyone give me a straight answer? All the FAQs I looked up don't really say. Thanks. Sorry if this is an old topic.

• Level   2

If the xbox is always on then yes, it connects by itself to the internet.

If not you just connect on the 4th day verify and you will be able to play

• Level   1

Ok sweet thanks! That every 24 hrs is misleading in my opinion.

• Level   7

It would be self explanatory if it was referred to as an offline mode or timer. As soon as your Xbox One pings the internet (which can be done while it's switched off if it's ethernet connected) then that's another 24 hours you can go without having it connected to the network.

@mikez0r

MKIV Supra owner // gooner // deathcore enthusiast

• Level   1

How would it work if it was via WiFi and not connected with am Ethernet cable? Would I need to turn it on everyday or will it just do the check in whenever in decide to play again?

• Level   5

yes...wireless or wired, the xbox one has to check in with ms servers.  As the guy above said....if you don't turn your xbox on for 3 days, and on the 4th day you turn it on, it will do it's check in and you are good for the next day

Forums signature removed - please read forum signature rules before adding a new signature.

• Level   1

Awesome thanks for all the help!

• Level   5

honestly do not think you even need to turn it on... in the low power state.. it will auto connect and verify the info... also heard it will be able to verify through WIFI,  3G and 4G and you might be able to check in with your cell phone..  the cell phone thing is a rumor and I am not sure to its truth yet...

• Level   5

I want to get the XBOX ONE. But i get one for my dad place. And he has internet and wifi. But i think my brother sometims shut off the router off. And I only vistit my dad's on the weekends.  I haved a feeling my brother will shut off the router. that means I haved to  wait for the next day to play it? if so. Then I only get one for my place. And just played 360 over there.

• Level   5

Dark....no.  If you have an internet connection, the next time you turn your xbox one on...whether it be in one day or 30 days, it will check in with ms servers and you are good to go gaming

--

Forums signature removed - please read forum signature rules before adding a new signature.

• Level   5

Good then.  But I will get one for my dad place when they stop surporting 360. Becoues I rither get one for my place frist then my dad places. Becoues I haved a 1080p TV. And want to have a XBOX take uses it more then the XBOX 360.

• Level   7

tohellnbak

honestly do not think you even need to turn it on... in the low power state.. it will auto connect and verify the info... also heard it will be able to verify through WIFI,  3G and 4G and you might be able to check in with your cell phone..  the cell phone thing is a rumor and I am not sure to its truth yet...

There should at least be the capability to tether the connection from a cellphone to the Xbox; the capability is there.

@mikez0r

MKIV Supra owner // gooner // deathcore enthusiast