2 XB1 Consoles and 1 game

• Level   1

How would this work?  If I have a console downstairs and one upstairs but only bought 1 copy of a game, can I use it on either console?  I understand that if I want to challenge my daughter I'll need 2 copies.  I get that and am fine with it.  But what if I want / need to play a title on the "other" console?

• Level   1

add her to your family then you and her can play both at the same time

• Level   2

You can, just have your account on both consoles, and when you go to the upstairs one, sign into it and play the game, you do not even need a disc

------------------------

ODD i gotta correct you man,you cant play the same game at the same time, if on family.

Follow Me: Mega31

• Level   1

Wait...so you're saying with XBOne I can buy one copy of say Forza, play on both consoles at the same time and get a beatdown by my daughter? :)

I don't need two copies of the title anymore?

• Level   2

Mega1X

You can, just have your account on both consoles, and when you go to the upstairs one, sign into it and play the game, you do not even need a disc

------------------------

ODD i gotta correct you man,you cant play the same game at the same time, if on family.

Actually ODD is right, if you had people to your family circle, you give them a "Share copy" of the game so, you can play the original copy and they can play the shared copy but, no one else in your circle can play that copy as long as the other person is playing. But, you can still play the game with a friend that you share d it to. 

• Level   2

Wait im confused, Are you saying i can play at the same time with someone else??? where is that, i heard you cant play the same game at the same time, unless i missed something

----------------

To IMS there is a family sharing thing where you can put your daughter in it, and she can play Forza 5 too, she does not need a disc, but i do not know if she can play and you can play at the same time, what the quotes section said is you can't but something i may have missed

• Level   3

It's not 100% clear if 2 people can play the same game at the same time. I think it's limited to 1 person per game (like if you were sharing one disc) but I think 2 people can access the shared library at once to play different games on diff consoles.

• Level   2

Yea if you buy Forza and Halo, Your daughter can play Halo while you play Forza, then you can switch, you can play Halo and she can play Forza, and you only bought one copy of the game

• Level   2

You can still play your game but 2 of your "Family" members can't play the same shared game at the same time.

-

www.gametrailers.com/.../ms-confirms-xbox-one-family-sharing-feature-allows-up-to-any-ten-people

• Level   2

Support on twitter has said you can both be playing the same game at the same time.

Basically, they were asked if you and your friend could be playing simultaneously, or if your friend would be kicked off the game.

Support said friend wouldn't be kicked off/playing at the same time is possible.

Though if they're correct is another thing, they seemed to misunderstand some questions, and then they didn't answer if this also applied to multiplayer aspects. I would assume you would both need to own a copy to play with each other.

• Level   2

Jamaalie

Support on twitter has said you can both be playing the same game at the same time.

Basically, they were asked if you and your friend could be playing simultaneously, or if your friend would be kicked off the game.

Support said friend wouldn't be kicked off/playing at the same time is possible.

Though if they're correct is another thing, they seemed to misunderstand some questions, and then they didn't answer if this also applied to multiplayer aspects. I would assume you would both need to own a copy to play with each other.

You can play your copy of the game simultaneously with one of your "Family" members that are playing your shared copy o that exact game BUT BUT another one of your "Family" can not play the game that you two are playing as long as the "Family" member playing with you is still ont he game. So, you can play your games with 1 "Family" member but, your "Family" members have to take turns to play the shared copy of the game. 

• Level   2

from the statement "any one of your family", it sounds like only you + 1 other may access your games library at a time, but you may both be playing the same game at the same time.

• Level   2

IMStrugglin

Wait...so you're saying with XBOne I can buy one copy of say Forza, play on both consoles at the same time and get a beatdown by my daughter? :)

I don't need two copies of the title anymore?

Regardless if whether you can both play at the same time or not, itll still be a very nice thing to have, and family doesnt have to be family you can even out ur friend in there, its up to 10 people

• Level   2

Yep, definitely a nice thing.

• Level   2

Phil Harrison, MS Corporate VP:

I can come to your house and I can put the disc into your machine and I can sign in as me and we can play the game. The bits are on your hard drive. At the end of the play session, when I take my disc home - or even if I leave it with you - if you want to continue to play that game [on your profile] then you have to pay for it. The bits are already on your hard drive, so it's just a question of going to our [online] store and buying the game, and then it's instantly available to play. The bits that are on the disc, I can give to anybody else, but if we both want to play it at the same time, we both have to own it. That's no different to how discs operate today. (May 22, Link)

I would be guessing that is the same if they are in the same household, I think the family share thing only works if they on the same console as you but a different account. but 2 separate consoles with 2 separate accounts needs 2 purchased games. However if they playing it on their console on your account thats fine, but if they on your account you cant be.