Xbox one sold out at local gamestop

• Level   1

I went to pre-order my PS4 and couldn't help but ask....."How many of the 'Xbox One' systems do you have left?".  I was told they were sold out.  I usually  would have been disappointed but not this time.  Not interested in Big Brother or the penalty for purchasing used games that would only been bought as used games by me because the title wasn't good enough for the full purchase price.  So, "How many systems have you sold?".  This was my question since there has been a lot of hoopla over the "ONE".  Eight....yep....8.  My local GameStop was provided eight Xbox One's.  It is amazing Microsoft is claiming they are "Sold Out".  Eight...I could sell eight singing lessons and I don't sing.  I have a 5 year tenure with Xbox and was a huge fan...but really?  Why Xbox?  Why do you make me feel like I betray this beautiful relationship we have had?  I only used my PS3 for exclusives like God of War and Infamous....now I am changing systems entirely.  Does it matter that I am a professional adult, making my own money, and I feel inclined to jump ship?  I think I was told to keep the Xbox 360....so, why introduce a new system?  How many adults, other than gamer adults, want a One in their living room?  I could continue...but Microsoft knows me better than me. 

• Level   1

Boring story

• Level   1

I neglected to say that Sony offer 50+ pre-order systems and one 3 slots left.

• Level   4

I had a similar experience.  When I went to pre-order my PS4, I asked which was selling better.  They were sold out of Xbox One, but they said they were only allocated "a few."  They still had PS4 available, but I was told they were given a lot more of them.  I wonder if Microsoft is trying to create a little artificial scarcity to increase demand.

Frontier Communications is America's worst ISP according to Netflix.

• Level   4

They made a small amount probably because it helps them if there's a shortage when they first come out.  Most people will have no idea how many they made but it looks good if they sell fast make more people want one from 2nd batch

• Level   4

How can it be Sold Out when its not even Out yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Level   3

I hope a lot of adult gamers flock to the XB1.

• Level   4

The preorders are sold out they only gave 8 to each store or to most gamestops

• Level   1

Just to clarify....I an Xbox box fan.....woman.  I couldn't wait for the next gen Xbox...and they gave me this.  Shame on you Microsoft.  This post really is just about disappointment.

• Level   4

Well its not like the smartest people work there. Did they try to convince you that there will be a shortage of XB1 controllers? lol

• Level   1

i preordred mine from a gamstop in hollywood,they have sold out and said they had 75 to start with. but im in socal...ssoo ya

• Level   4

Truth be told gamestop might not even be trying to sell xbox one because of their drm stance.

Most stores get 8 on low end maybe 30 units on midrange stores Max.there will be a few stores that are 200+ units but that's only for launch show..

• Level   3

Happened at my EB games, and I knew what the deal was right away! They knows there^`s idiots that will just saY `they are all sold out o pre orders`XBOX ONE WINS!!

• Level   2

I think its just them making sure, they do not run out, for example, if Sony gives most of its units, then they have to still ship it to stores, but if microsoft still has units, they would be able to capitalize.

------------------

Hi i want a PS4, sorry every store is sold out of a PS4 we are still waiting for more, (this is obviously launch time), so he will say we have an xbox one, then the consumer will be told, and if he buys it score, if not, not.

---------------------

Apple does the same thing with iphones and ipads, give a small amount so people can get them and not wait a month for more to be made and shipped to stores

Follow Me: Mega31

• Level   1

also they had the same amount of ps4s,and were not sold out yet...but im in hollyoowd which is a higher payed population.