Xbox One Needs To Remove The Kinect It Has To Many Problems And Makes The Console 100$ More Expensive.

• Level   9

Xbox One Needs To Remove The Kinect It Has To Many Problems And Makes The Console 100$ More Expensive.Kinect on Xbox One has to many problems like it's easy to hack like a webcam and people could look into our house since it's on 24/7 we have to check it every 24 hours and so much more it's to much hassle for noting plus I don't like Kinect at all when you play a game you want to relax and push buttons not do motions like your in gym class I own a Kinect for my 360 and I never use it.If Xbox One won't remove it at least give us gamers a option if we want Kinect or not cause a lot of people don't want Kinect like me Xbox One with Kinect for 499$ and without Kinect for 399$ please give us that option Microsoft please.

Feel free to add me if you wanna play some Halo,Dead or Alive 5,GTA. Message me first.

• Level   5

Oh look another one of these.

lag gives me something to moan about when im losing, if you take that away from me id have to learn to play
    • Level   9

There are easy solutions to all your tinfoil hat scenarios.  And MS won't remove it because they want developers be able to design features in games that utilize it without them worrying about what customer it will reach since everyone will have one.  If you are that paranoid about it 'watching you' since it's always on, unplug it, or cover the lense.  There are features that you can turn off the 'xbox on' command so it wont actually be idle when your xbox is off.  There aren't going to remove it and im sick of people postin a million of these threads a minute.  If you don't like its features, you dont have to use it.  Simple as that.  you have that choice.  Also the price is not 100 more because of the kinect.  The technology itself is well worth that price.  It's the same price the 360 was when it first released and 100 dollars less than what the ps3 was when it was released.  the new ps4 gives you all a false sense of price.  they set the bar extremely low to garuntee sales.  sony loses money from their consoles, always have.  but they make up for it in other areas.  So chill your jets and stop making these darn threads.  the kinect is staying

Lives, lived, will live.  Dies, died, will die.  If we could perceive time as it truly was...

• Level   8

Why can't people just post in another thread that already talks about this instead of starting a brand new one and just further cluttering the forums.

• Level   8

Cool, so when/where did you have access to the Kinect 2?  I would really like to hear your opinionated and biased thoughts on the product.

• Level   9

Yeah, I really wish people wouldn't talk about it like they have handled it before.  

Lives, lived, will live.  Dies, died, will die.  If we could perceive time as it truly was...

• Level   5

once again this is getting no traction what so ever.... people just think they'll do another flip because they did one.... what next ????

• Level   3

Seriously?  Just put your last years 6th grade picture in front of it.

• Level   2

I think people needs to pick their battles. I'm no fan of the Kinect, but the majority already got Microsoft to remove the DRM and other ridiculous notions they had planned for the Xbox One. Accept that as a win with dignity and move on. No need to get greedy now.

• Level   9

IntenseJames

Kinect on Xbox One has to many problems like it's easy to hack like a webcam and people could look into our house since it's on 24/7

That's not true.

It's not easy to hack like a webcam. The camera isn't activated 24/7 either, you can turn off Kinect and its commands including the "on" and "off".

we have to check it every 24 hours and so much more it's to much hassle for noting plus I don't like Kinect at all when you play a game you want to relax and push buttons not do motions like your in gym class I own a Kinect for my 360 and I never use it.

You don't have to check anything every 24 hours. You don't have to use the Kinect to navigate your Xbox One at all if you don't want. Games may require you to do certain things for certain features; don't buy games which are Kinect heavy if you don't want.

If Xbox One won't remove it at least give us gamers a option if we want Kinect or not cause a lot of people don't want Kinect like me Xbox One with Kinect for 499$ and without Kinect for 399$ please give us that option Microsoft please.

It's being implemented as mandatory so developers can utilize the time put into developing Kinect functions knowing that everyone will be able to use it. It's highly unlikely they'll release a Kinect-less model, they've committed pretty hard this time around.