Xbox ONE import

• Level   3

Hi guys, can you help me? I´m from Czech republic (EU), I have UK xbl account since czech xbl is not that great as uk. Now: I want to buy my Xbox One from Austria , so the question is: Will it work in my country? 

• Level   9

Yes, it's NOT region locked.

• Level   3

i know it´s not region locked, but it needs update to work without region lock, or drm, so i think that´s problem.

• Level   8

Any game should come with the patch on it I would imagine. You should have no problem shipping it from countries

• Level   3

microsoft says first of all, you need to set-up xbox one with internet connection and then there´s an update, so what if xbox founds my ip adress is not from uk, or austria or from another 19 countries. i am really curious about that. microsoft needs to clarify this.

• Level   3

,,Presumably, without it, the console will still think it's living in the Xbox One era of E3 2013." kotaku :-((( so what now?

• Level   5

do we have to update it lol so it won't work with out the patch darn

• Level   7

I'm sure they will put update online to download to usb so you should get it that way

https://twitter.com/stevenhubbard13 follow for free cod ghost promo codes from monster energy

• Level   6

@OTTO Some people have problems with updates on 360, They usually make them availble for downloading to fash drive. So I would say your probably right.

• Level   3

I hope so Otto. I was considering PS4, since I got ps3 and vita last year, but...idk I love xbox, I can´t betray him, it´s my home :D I just need some confirmation from Microsoft about how it will work for not supported countries., pre-order deposit is 20 euros at Austrian Gamestop.

• Level   5

What is the difference between UK and Czech xbox live? It is interesting to know there are different versions. In the US and Canada I think Xbox Live is the same.

• Level   3

It's like..... not the same content. Some older dlc's are missing, same for xbox music, xbox video (real shame) and not every app si available. OH and Kinect voice is not working. So I have an UK account since I love xbox music and voice searching etc. I really hope Xbox One will work in my country with my UK account without restrictions even before update. I want xbox one this holiday, not ,,fall 2014" (which is supposed ,,date" of xone launch in cz). We are small country with only 10 000 000 inhabitants. Austria is next to us and I want to go there and buy one in Wienna.

• Level   5

well if you use UK content you must be behind a VPN/proxy right ???? in that case your IP will be in the UK for MS.... me I have a US XB360 in France with a US account behind a VPN located in the US..... I never got an issue even when sometime I log in straight from france without the VPN.... I just loose access to the content geolocked while I'm not behind the VPN.....

so i'd imagine you should be fine doing the same with the One....

me I'm contemplating buying a US XB1 so I'll see then.... worst case scenario I have to return it....

• Level   3

no, Im not using VPN.

• Level   5

then how do you access geolocked content in the UK ????

well me i do it that way to access netflix and hulu+