Can I play Xbox One without plugging in Kinect?

• Level   3

Hi.

Does anyone please know if I can play Xbox One without plugging in the Kinect device? I love the Original Xbox and the Xbox 360, but I have no desire to use Kinect in my household.

Thanks.

Who dares, wins. My Gaming Stats 

• Level   4

Xbox one requires the kinect to be connected at all times.

Xbox.com

Same 8 people.

Same 8 topics.

Never change.

• Level   3

S73v3 N H4wk1n9

Xbox one requires the kinect to be connected at all times.

Wow, really? Why would Microsoft do that. I really hope that they will give people the option to use the system without Kinect.

Sounds like I'll have to hold off for now.

-_-

• Level   4

Well,if it helps then you can turn it off in the console menus. Can't unplug it thought. there are some speculations that depending on the sales we might see a kinectless console few year down a line. for now just enjoy your x360

• Level   3

Ookami Kurayami

Well,if it helps then you can turn it off in the console menus. Can't unplug it thought. there are some speculations that depending on the sales we might see a kinectless console few year down a line. for now just enjoy your x360

Thanks for the additional information. Do you please happen to know if Kinect can be completely turned off in the console menu?

• Level   5

Yes according to Microsoft it can be turned completely off in the menus

XBOX ONE DAY ONE EDITION 

• Level   5

Yes you can turn it off. But then are you are person that really believes its off. As others will try and convince you.

GET RIPPED

If you are Blocked/Blocking. My PM Box is also not for you.

• Level   3

Thanks for the replies.

• Level   5

There is already a kinect cover for the first kinect www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_1  So you know there will be one for the second one for those who wish to "disable" it further.

Those who think they are smart are very annoying to those who actually are.

• Level   3

SparkStormrider

There is already a kinect cover for the first kinect www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_1  So you know there will be one for the second one for those who wish to "disable" it further.

Nice find. Thanks for sharing.