Can Xbox one play my Xbox 360 games on demand and arcade games?

• Level   1

I was just curious if the Xbox one will let me download all of the games that i had purchased on the Xbox 360 and play them on the new console?

• Level   4

Nope. No backwards compatibility at all. Movies and Music, and your gamertag transfer to the One but no game purchases

Xbox One Day Four Edition :( © @FaviousM

• Level   3

No backwards compatibility will be available. If you want to be able to play them, you will need to keep your 360.

• Level   5

No sir, no backwards compatibility at all...

The scariest words in the English language are: “Hello, we’re from the government, and we’re here to help.”

XBOX ONE DAY ONE EDITION 

• Level   1

It's so ridiculous, GTA V is coming out 2 months before the Xbox One, what is the point why would they not have made it for both consoles at least? Or why didn't Microsoft make it so that you can download games on demand/arcade games from your 360 on the Xbox One just not use the discs.

• Level   4

Different console.  Different experience. Different architecture.  Why can't people understand that? :\

Launch console DOA.  Replacement R.I.P. 02/04.  Thanks MS.

• Level   8

I just want to know why someone would think MS and Sony would care about GTA V being played on their next console. The developers of the game should have made it for next gen consoles, get mad at them.

Xbox One Day One

Told you guys the Kinect 2 would fail and the Xbox One would be released without it by Fall 2014!!

• Level   3

They have said it could be possible via Cloud in the months to come.  

www.ign.com/.../xbox-one-could-offer-backwards-compatibility-through-the-cloud

But how or when this will happen is yet to really be seen.

• Level   5

VerrucktSchakal

Yes but that would be via a video stream, it's not playing the game natively using the Xbox One hardware.  With this kind of system you connect via a video feed to the game.  The same Sony are going to run PS3 games using their system.

Great, you'll be able to play Xbox 360 games, maybe even original Xbox games, but it won't be free.  You will have to pay again, even if you have the game on disc.

Got a question? Just ask. 
    • Level   4

i'd pay for a service to stream ALL original xbox/xbox 360 games, but asking people to pay again for each old game is just ludacris.

True gamers game on any system! Fanboys are weak and brainwashed! Proud owner of New X1, PS4, Zotac GTX 780 PC (8 core/16gig ram), PS3,  PS Vita, and Xbox 360! (recently purchased brand new 360 and PS3 superslim and slim Vita) Get your game on!!

PS4 Gamertag: UGO_6FT_Below

• Level   3

Obsessive Power

VerrucktSchakal

Yes but that would be via a video stream, it's not playing the game natively using the Xbox One hardware.  With this kind of system you connect via a video feed to the game.  The same Sony are going to run PS3 games using their system.

Great, you'll be able to play Xbox 360 games, maybe even original Xbox games, but it won't be free.  You will have to pay again, even if you have the game on disc.

It is the only way available so far. Any other means simply does not exist. (as the console is not designed for backwards compatibility as Microsoft as explained already)

• Level   5

VerrucktSchakal

It is the only way available so far.

Indeed it is, better than nothing though I guess.  I was mealy describing how it would work. And it would be interesting to see how this develops.  Would it be another subscription?  Buy a game, play (via a stream) as many times as you like?

You know this kind of system has many uses, not just playing Xbox 360 games.  You could in effect stream games that were more advanced than either the Xbox One or the PS4.  After all, all the processing is done on another system. The only issue would be how fast your connection is and where the streaming servers are located.

Got a question? Just ask. 
    • Level   1

They do. Stop getting so frustrated and do a little research. They will have an upgrade for any recent games you buy on the 360 to Xbox one. It will just take a little time

• Level   1

Good point. They give us something better then we had for years. They worked hard for years and years to bring us a new and special way to game, and before people *** and cry ..why why why not dude that *** rocks! We'll my xbox one will be here in hours so thank you Microsoft you *** rock.. And play station can go sit back with the wii and hold on for the ride.

• Level   1

My problem with this it is still the same server and the same servise why can't i play them its not cause there a dvd and the disk that is used now is blue ray so WTF