Gold Sharing, multiple consoles?

• Level   2

Reading the announcement that Gold Sharing it tied to a console what If you have multiple consoles?

So I have 2 Xbox One consoles in the house can I sign into one and my son can sign into the other and play on Live?

If so how does that work? I guess I will have to have signed into the console once as I am the Gold account holder?

• Level   9

It says you have to be logged into the other console and when you log off they lose the gold function...THIS annoys me!  having the family gold for this long...then they give us this?

XBOX ONE DAY ONE EDITION 

• Level   7

www.gametrailers.com/.../xbox-one-digital-game-sharing-home-gold-details-announced

• Level   2

It doesn't really say that:

• At home. You can set up your console at home so that anyone who uses that console will enjoy multiplayer gaming and access to entertainment apps – even if you are not home or logged in.

• On the go. You can log in at a friend’s house and everyone there can enjoy multiplayer gaming and access to entertainment apps while you are logged in.

(Edit: Ok so at a friends house obviously one I have to be logged in)

At Home with Xbox One

If you’re an Xbox Live Gold member, an unlimited number of people can enjoy many benefits of Xbox Live Gold while they are using your Home Xbox One console. Friends and family will simply create their own account and gamertag and be able to enjoy Xbox Live online multiplayer gaming and access to entertainment apps.

Friends coming over to play? No problem. They can log in with their own gamertag and play online multiplayer.  Even if you sign off, your friends and family can enjoy multiplayer gaming while they are playing on your Home Xbox One console.

At a Friend’s House with Xbox One

On Xbox One if you are an Xbox Live Gold member, you will be able to go to a friend’s house and play co-op multiplayer– even if your friend is not a Gold subscriber.  Once you log in with your Xbox Live Gold account, everyone using that console can access multiplayer and entertainment apps for as long as you are logged in.

So I am asking, what if I own 2 Xbox Ones? Can I play as online on 1 of them while my family plays online at the same time? 

Also, If I have a digital game can we both play online in the same game?

• Level   9

Yes I understand that on 1 console.  I have 3 360's in the house with 4 active gold accounts.  With this plan I'd have to pay 59.99/year per account  so they can use live on their xbox.....rather than the 99/yr I'm paying now for the 4 accounts.

XBOX ONE DAY ONE EDITION 

• Level   2

I don't know that they are saying that either.  So if you had 4 consoles Your family members could play on the main while you were not there it sounds like.  The question is, you want to log in at the same time as one of your family members.  What happens? Can you both play the same game on different consoles (together)?

• Level   9

Right now with the family gold plan I have 4 gold accounts basically.  I pay 99/year and Each account is a separate gold account.

XBOX ONE DAY ONE EDITION 

• Level   2

Right so if what I am reading is correct your family can all play on one console.  If you have more than one console you need to pay for another sub if you want more than one of you to be able to play online.  

Terrible.

• Level   2

I guess you could possible designate one console as the "Home" console and just sign in on the other console you wish to play on while the person with the "Home" console still enjoys the gold benefits.

Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger

Fulgore confirmed to be grass Pokémon.

• Level   2

Nope, you sign into another Xbox One and your family can no longer access Gold features.

forums.xbox.com/.../1527892.aspx

• Level   8

Merlin4421

Right now with the family gold plan I have 4 gold accounts basically.  I pay 99/year and Each account is a separate gold account.

They probably discontinued it cause they were losing money. I mean you know there were people out there letting there friends have account with no cost to them. My sons best friend lost his gold for a few months and he asked me if we could add him until he got a new card. Either way were talking 4 subs at 25 bucks a pop rather then the 40 or 59.99 what they usually run for.

• Level   8

@JHFerry3 I didn't see that anywhere in that email. Its says one "Home designated" console. That sounds like you can leave your account on one X1 and everyone on that console gets gold benefits and when you sign in on another they still recieve those same benefits.. That's my take on it anyway.

• Level   9

@Burst Axe "*Home Gold benefits limited to a single, designated Xbox One console in Gold member's home; restrictions apply. Some Gold benefits cannot be shared"

XBOX ONE DAY ONE EDITION 

• Level   9

@Merlin Yes the benefits. It does say that your Gamertag doesn't need to be signed in on the "Home" console for benefits to be reaped. It also doesn't say that gold benefits are removed from your home console when you sign into another console. We will need more information to make a straight up call at this point.

• Level   5

Spoke with XBOX support.  I was told you would need a serperate gold membership every xbox in the house. If my son wanted to play mutiplayer on my console then he would not need a gold membership, but if he had his own console then either I would have sign on  his console or he would have to have his own gold account.  If I choose to sign in on his console, I then  could not play on mine on my account.  Mean we could not play multiplayer on serperate console at the same time.