New Kinect Software Turns Any Surface Into Touch Screen

• Level   4

New Kinect Software Turns Any Surface Into Touch Screen

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/08/15/new-kinect-software-turns-any-surface-into-touch-screen.aspx

If you've ever been envious of all those sci-fi movies where the characters can swipe and tap at translucent screens placed seemingly everywhere, Microsoft has the product for you. The latest technology, paired with Kinect, gives users the ability to turn any surface into a touch screen. As a plus, it's not nearly as expensive as you may suspect.

The software comes from Ubi Interactive (not associated with Ubisoft) and started as just a prototype product. Now, the software is on sale for consumers. The price ranges from $149 to $1499 depending on the version purchased, and must be paired with a projector and a Kinect sensor.

When paired with a PC loaded with the software, the Kinect sensor's 3D mapping capability allows users to click, zoom and scroll through web pages and applications just as it would be done on a smartphone or tablet.

Thought it was an interesting read.  Didn;t see it already posted so apoliges if it's a repost

Lives, lived, will live.  Dies, died, will die.  If we could perceive time as it truly was...

• Level   4

Be interesting to see how that could be improved with the K2. Interesting for businesses or schools but not for gamers

@FaviousM

• Level   5

Cool but I want a holographic display that can pop up in front of me where ever I'm standing. We are getting close though.

Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger

Fulgore confirmed to be grass Pokémon.

• Level   5

they had this on the demo vesion of the K1 years ago.. I remember watching a video about it with the options for game projected onto the coffee table.. and had a virtual keyboard for messages...

• Level   6

Interesting read, cheers OP.

Twitter:  @Loftywho