Reservation Card at Target for Xbox one Day one

• Level   1

I recently bought a reservation card from Target for the Day one edition of the Xbox one last friday and was wondering if others on here have reserved a gaming console from target before.  If so, does anyone know how target handles reserves?  Will Target hold my console for me and not release it to someone who just walks into the store without having a preorder.  The customer representative who rang me up told me that they will hold my reserve for up to 7 days.  I will pick it up the day it is  released but am curious to see what others experiences with target were.

• Level   4

I work at Target and have no idea how it works.  As far as I know, we do not set aside any copies of games that have reserve cards.  Best to play it safe and get there as soon as you can.

• Level   1

yeah was planning on getting to my local Target when it opens but the rep told me they will hold it for me for up to 7 days but who knows.  Ill get there when it opens.  Just hope that there aren't people camping out front who will snatch up the last xbox one.  Not cool if they end up giving away all the xbox ones to people who didnt preorder.  Defeats the purpose of reserving and preordering.

• Level   2

@dogmeat, workbench has an excel spreadsheet of all the reservation cards sold for each game. Best Practice is to look at the excel sheet for each new launch and hold that amount of games for 7 days. Anyone coming in redeeming a card gets on of those games. After 7 days they get put back with the rest.

As far as ps4 and Xbox one, all stores will only receive the amount to cover presale cards. This info is also found on workbench. All xbox ones and ps4s at launch will be for presales only.

If you are looking for this info at work, log into workbench, salesfloor, electronics, "video game reservation program". Hope this helps.

• Level   1

@ A for Anarchist..Thanks for the clarification.  I assume you work at Target as well.  Puts me at ease knowing this...Now we just need a release date already :D  

• Level   4

Whenever they finally give a release date, I would go to the store 3 or so days before that and ask how they will be handling the preorders. They will no doubt know how many cards they have sold and will have that many consoles set aside. There is a chance that if enough people with preorders are there before opening, they will let you guys in early to get you your console.

Melonhead Jones, cousin of Jughead, don't need no clan, he's his own man. Put the gun down, son, and live, live to fight another day. K/D is 0, and so is yours, unless you've actually killed somebody, or died.

• Level   2

Like I said before, all consoles will be for preorders. Target will not be selling any consoles from the release date allotment without preorders. All stores only receive a very limited amount of cards, they are sending the same amount of consoles to the store as cards sold.

Hopefully, stores will receive additional shipments within 3-5 days after release. This is the plan right now anyway.

• Level   4

@Anarchist I work in the back.  All I know is it all gets pulled Tuesday from the back for the set.  Good to know though.  Ten years and I'm still learning.

• Level   5

dab1gg00ch

I recently bought a reservation card from Target for the Day one edition of the Xbox one last friday and was wondering if others on here have reserved a gaming console from target before.  If so, does anyone know how target handles reserves?  Will Target hold my console for me and not release it to someone who just walks into the store without having a preorder.  The customer representative who rang me up told me that they will hold my reserve for up to 7 days.  I will pick it up the day it is  released but am curious to see what others experiences with target were.

What happens is when we get the consoles in is we set aside the number of consoles that we have sold preorder cards for. Same as we do for game preorders.

Also the seven days is only once we get in more consoles than preorders.

• Level   3

My wife works for target and has the facts. "If you look at your receipt, it will say that it expires on 11/23/13. this means, COB on the 23rd, your "hold" will expire and your unit will come out of the back and be put on a shelf. If you come in on the 24th and we have stock, you are good. If we are sold out, you will get a 10$ refund.

Sorry, but we are not going to hold your unit for 7 days and loose sales, for you to possibly not show up. However if you PREPAY (100% of the unit), we are legally responsable to hold your paid merch'"

• Level   5

Man I forgot about target wish I'd have reserverd it there.  I have a target red card and coulda got 5% off.

XBOX ONE DAY ONE EDITION 

• Level   5

CHORAS DEN

My wife works for target and has the facts. "If you look at your receipt, it will say that it expires on 11/23/13. this means, COB on the 23rd, your "hold" will expire and your unit will come out of the back and be put on a shelf. If you come in on the 24th and we have stock, you are good. If we are sold out, you will get a 10$ refund.

Sorry, but we are not going to hold your unit for 7 days and loose sales, for you to possibly not show up. However if you PREPAY (100% of the unit), we are legally responsable to hold your paid merch'"

reciept expires then, not the reservation card. The reservation cards for consoles has no reservations on them (I would know I've sold several) and the receipt isn't needed to claim the console just the reservation card. also there is now way to prepay for them as they have serial numbers that must be scanned in order to pay for them.

• Level   1

This is all incorrect.  I've worked at Target for 16 years.  Reservation cards are $10.  That $10 holds you an Xbox One for seven days after the National release date (Nov 22) at the store you bought the card from.  After the seven days, if you have not purchased the Xbox in full, the unit will be placed on the sales floor for anyone to purchase.  Upon picking up your Xbox, the reservation card is good for $10 off any Xbox One game or Accessory.  Also, Anarchist is correct in all his info with being able to see how many cards/games have been reserved through Target's system.

• Level   1

I have a question regarding games from Target.  What games will be available for purchase at the same time as the console?  I have the reservation card for the Xbox One, but I see that I can't get any reservation cards for the Xbox One games.  I want to get the Limited Edition version of Forza when I pick up the console.  Will this be possible?

• Level   5

Not sure never reserve games from target..should just go through game stop instead...plus you know all the games that come out for launch will be available for download in the xbox one store also known as the marketplace on day one....

GO BUCS!! & MAGIC!!

NBA 2K GOD

XBOX ONE DAY ONE