Xbox One Walmart Pre-Order

• Level   2

Hey everyone, I had a quick question regarding the One at Walmart. I called my local store this evening to check and see if they still had any Xbox Day One editions for pre-order. The guy said that they still had "flyers" for the xbox one pre orders for 10% down. However, he said there was no indication of it being a day one edition. Does anyone know how the walmart preorder system works in this regard? Many thanks!

" I won't tell you how he died, but I'll tell you how he lived! "

• Level   2

I was wondering the same thing and actually asked that same question when I preordered my X1 from Walmart....sigh the kid didn't have a clue.  So I guess no one knows.

• Level   4

Last I checked a few weeks ago, they had no day 1. Their date was almost the middle of Dec.  I would assume even though they are a chain, the dates may be different depending on locale.

-----People that look in one direction are those that miss out on most things in life-----

• Level   2

Interesting...I wonder if I could safely assume that it is a Day One if they tell me Nov. 22

• Level   2

My preorder/layaway receipt just says my console preorder must be paid out by 12/13/13.  It doesn't actually say when I can pick it up.

• Level   4

I am guessing right around that date dragon. Next time your there, ask for the electronics manger.

-----People that look in one direction are those that miss out on most things in life-----

• Level   2

Yeah, I read this online: news.walmart.com/.../walmart-taking-xbox-one-playstation-4-pre-orders-in-stores-nationwide-starting-august-24

So it says it'll hold your console but doesn't give any more information.

• Level   2

And they only have the Day One Edition on their website.. hmm

• Level   2

And you can't preorder from their website either.  But this is what the website says: The Xbox One console will ship free on November 22, 2013.

Reserve today in store!

Step 1: Put only 10% down*

Step 2: Pay over time

Step 3: Available for pick up on launch date

So it makes you wonder.

• Level   2

Yeah, I just stopped by and the display they had set up had a picture with the Day One Edition pictured.

• Level   2

Here's hoping that we do get the Day One Edition then. :)

• Level   4

Stay away from Walmart...they are the Devil.

>

Peace, J.R.

• Level   2

I wish I could have stayed away from Wal mart JR but unfortnately I waited too long to make up my mind about which console to get and Gamestop didn't have any more X1's available.  

• Level   2

I asked the head of the electronics department at my local walmart and he said it was indeed for a day one edition. Let's hope that's the truth..

• Level   3

Yeah you'd have to go into the store and pre order it as they wont let you online. I had a relative go in and put the money down for me on the day one edition. Printed out the exact page so they'd know i was talking about the day one edition. And its good to know they will actually hold it until the 13 of December just in case you need a bit longer to pay it off and wont sell it to someone who just walks into the store.

plus the bundled editions of day one are sold out now.

The Bond That Was Not To Be Done, Give Me The Power To See It Undone, And Turn Back Time To Whence It Was Began.