C'Mon Microsoft we need an answer to this! Xbox One Kinect Extention Cable

• Level   1

Me, like may other people have taken to mounting TVs on the wall and running cables behind the wall.

This often requires longer cables then what is provided by the manufacturer because the entertainment unit is out of the way and in a corner somewhere.

This causes an issue because the Kinect needs to be blow the TV by, for me, the Xbox will be about 15ft away from where the Kinext\TV is.

Can someone from Microsoft PLEASE tell us how long the Kinect's cable is?!  Also if there will be an extension cable for purchase around the launch date?

This is such a simple, and important, question!  Why can't Microsoft answer it!?!?

• Level   5

ummmm it has been stated at 9 feet....   do a google search buddy

• Level   5

www.vg247.com/.../xbox-one-measurements-released-kinect-cable-length-confirmed-report

• Level   3

Also, Microsoft does not read these forums. Trying to get Microsoft employees to answer a question here is just a waste of time.

• Level   1

tohellnbak

ummmm it has been stated at 9 feet....   do a google search buddy

Oh hey buddy, I actually had 2 questions in my post.  Do you have a smarmy answer to the second question?  

Seeing how 9ft is less then the stated 15ft I need?

• Level   1

x0x CAMARO x0x

Also, Microsoft does not read these forums. Trying to get Microsoft employees to answer a question here is just a waste of time.

Really they don't!!

That's terrible.  I've dealt with their support on other "questions" and you never get anywhere.  

I'm really hoping for an answer on the extension bit. 

Thanks for the response!

• Level   5

Despite past experiences, your best bet is to contact support. Can't do any harm, and they should have a definitive answer for you.

TITANFALL- Season Pass Holder! Bring on the DLC!

XBOX ONE IS HERE!!!

• Level   6

Slipslider
    Can someone from Microsoft PLEASE tell us how long the Kinect's cable is?!

3m.
    Also if there will be an extension cable for purchase around the launch date?
    No.
    This is such a simple, and important, question!  Why can't Microsoft answer it!?!?
    They did, on September 30th.

• Level   1

IceStorm III

Also if there will be an extension cable for purchase around the launch date?

No.

They did, on September 30th.

Well they didn't answer it.  They said they were "looking into it".  Which are 2 different things entirely.
    Since this was a few months ago I wonder if they actually looked into it... I guess this is an answer still outstanding.
    • Level   8

many extension cables were made for the K1 so i dont see why the K2 wont have many as well, research buddy

Xbox One Day One

Told you guys the Kinect 2 would fail and the Xbox One would be released without it by Fall 2014!!

• Level   1

Lord Dirt

many extension cables were made for the K1 so i dont see why the K2 wont have many as well, research buddy

Plenty exist for the 360 but how many of those were available on launch day, Pal?

• Level   2

I just hope they make an extension cable.  Not everyone keeps their receiver near their TV.  Mine is sitting in a cabinet in my kitchen along with my DIrect TV Receiver and Apple TV.  I have all the cables running through the ceiling and then down to my TV.

If i want to play the xbox 1 in my living room, then i need an extension for the kinect or i can't use my direct tv box and surround sound receiver.

• Level   6

Slipslider
    Well they didn't answer it. 

You asked two questions - how long and if there will be an extension cable at launch. The answers to those questions are 3m and no. When someone asks if there will be an extension cable less than two months before launch (not "a few") and the answer is something that they are looking into, the answer is "no" to if it will be a launch item.
    Since this was a few months ago I wonder if they actually looked into it...
    September 30th is not "a few months ago", it's less than two months ago. November 22 is not two months after September 30th.

The answer is no. You can either deal with that reality or continue to whine about it.

USB has length limitations. There are issues with running power and data over the distances you appear to want to separate things by.

• Level   1

I agree.

According the the IGN AMA link ,that IceStorm III posted above, Microsoft is indeed aware that people are looking for an extension cable.  

I'm hoping they make one available on or near launch day.

There is also hope that the end that plugs into the back of the Xbox One is just a standard USB 3.0 end, and can be extended with a regular USB 3.0 extension cord.  But I feel if this was the case he would have just said that in the IGN AMA.

• Level   2

ICE,

I didn't know there are limitations to USB.  I currently use my xbox 360 in my bonus room upstairs away from my living room/surround sound set up.  If what you say is true, it sounds like i may be better off just using the xbx1 where i currently have my 360 situated.

Thanks for the insight.