Cable Box does not have HDMI, How will I be able to use the Xbox One TV function?

• Level   1

I don't know if my Cable Box is too old or not (got it 3 years ago) but it does not have an HDMI port on the back and the only way to connect it to the XBOX ONE is through HDMI. What are my options here besides upgrading my cable box?

• Level   4

Getting a converter to go from component/composite to HDMI.

• Level   3

Honestly if upgrading boxes is a option you have and isn't a pain I would do that.

• Level   5

Who is your cable company? You can always swap out boxes for the latest version. You are paying for it after all.

• Level   1

I have Cox. Northern Virginia cable company

• Level   2

I upgraded mine a couple months ago when I found out about the XBox1 HDMI thing. Some providers will charge you a monthly fee for having a "HD Box" when it's really just the same box with an extra port on the outside.

Or you can get a coax-to-HDMI converter and run it straight from the cable. But I'm not sure if you miss out on anything doing that, or if it even works.

• Level   4

You might want to swap it out. I would call the provider and ask if there are any techs in the area that maybe able to drop it off.

• Level   3

you can use an xbox one without a cable box, why dont you just change the tv channel

Gamerkitten - www.gamerkitten.com

• Level   4

It keeps losing the channels memory and crashes all the time, upgrade me for free :)

• Level   4

What everyone else is saying. You might have to pay a little more a month due to the fact it being an HD box unless your's is already HD, then it should be free to just upgrade to the newest box.

• Level   5

according to one of their support pages, they reference the boxes having hdmi.

ww2.cox.com/.../article.cox

• Level   1

Are composite/component to HDMI cables reliable though? That was my first thought but I've read in various websites that it is not "true" HD

• Level   4

The cables aren't. If you're going to do it that way, you'll want a converter.

• Level   1

Yeah, those are going for 30-40 bucks on amazon. I'm going to call Cox and see if I can get an upgrade to the HD box  for free although I highly doubt they will do that.

• Level   4

How long have you been with them. Usually if you hassle with them and say you've been loyal customer, they'll upgrade you for free.