hdmi surround sound?

• Level   2

ok so i have read where many ppl have surround sound working. first off yes i know i have to turn on the beta stuff and i have. but my problem is i can't turn the audio settings above stereo. i have my hdmi into my surround sound then into my tv. this is really frustrating as my games don't even have surround sound AT ALL. i miss the sound of helicopters swooping AROUND me...the ability to hear that bullet whiz by and know which direction it came from. i know there are hundreds of surround sound threads. however i've followed all directions i've seen and still can't get ANY surround sound working. any advice is welcome.  

• Level   6

Which surround sound make and model do you have?

• Level   2

I got sound my receiver is dts compatible

• Level   4

@Lost. So once you've turned on the Surround sound beta, you should be able to go into display and sound from the settings menu and choose between 5.1 uncompressed, 7.1 uncompressed, or stereo. The only way you wouldn't be able to is if you have an optical cable running from the X1 to the receiver.

• Level   4

OP,

Make sure you have the settings on the Xbox and your personal surround sound system set correctly. It is also very important you check the game you are playing that it is set to surround sound. Battlefield for example is defaulted to stereo in the options menu, so you have to change it to War Tapes or Home Cinema if you want surround sound in that game. (I prefer War Tapes)

Always make sure in every new game you play that you check the sound settings as they will always usually be defaulted for a regular T.V. audio setting.