fyi Dead Rising 3 update 13GB mandatory

• Level   V

Dead Rising 3 fans .. you might want to boot the game up in preparation for this week's new DLC.  there's an update for it that comes in at a tiny 13GBs lol.  if this is the size of the first part of its season pass plans, then next generation is gonna be larger than we thought :)

MVP Scribe Author Reload Game
    (my journey in font)

• Level   3

If they force me to download that (insert word of your choice here) and I didn't get a season pass, I'm gonna start disliking my Xbox One. :)

Goth Vampirella - Some of her shoes cost more than her Xbox One!

Sniper Elete 3 Head Shots By Goth Vampirella!

• Level   4

Got a link with all the details to this mandatory update and the upcoming dlc??

• Level   5

And why if you don't want the DLC?

• Level   5

It is very annoying having to update games for DLC you don't want. I had to put an update on Forza for a car pack I didn't even want. The most annoying part is, I'm fairly sure the cars are now on my HDD in their entirety, I just have to pay to use them. WHY!?

Facebook                    Twitter                    Instagram

Xbox Live Ambassador

• Level   3

Dynamic if you did not buy the car packs that have been released then you do not have access to the cars that they contain and they should not be available in game.

Games I am currently playing:  Watch_Dogs, Forza Motorsport 5, Titanfall, Asassins Creed IV: Black Flag, and Max: Curse of The Brotherhood.

• Level   5

Wow, so are we assuming that is actually the DLC and not just an update?

• Level   3

Even if you have the season pass the DLC will not automatically install.  I still had to go back and install the individual DLC packs that the Season Pass of AC IV and Ryse gave me access to.

Games I am currently playing:  Watch_Dogs, Forza Motorsport 5, Titanfall, Asassins Creed IV: Black Flag, and Max: Curse of The Brotherhood.

• Level   5

I gather we would assume it's DLC, A 13GB update for the regular game is virtually re-written.

• Level   2

It'll update while the system is off so no skin off my teeth (Sorry to those with internet caps).

•Major Keebler•
    • Level   4

It was already download before i heard the news....

Before the update Dead Rising 3 files were around 20 gb,after, less than 25gb.

"Chaos is an incredible platform for opportunity".

• Level   V

well they say that DLC and updates are caches differently so if it were DLC then Dead Rising would add that total to your hard drive but if it's an update it won't.

MVP Scribe Author Reload Game
    (my journey in font)

• Level   4

Things such as cars for dlc are downloaded this way when you race dlc cars you can actually see the cars and not a ghost of a dlc car.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/7475/achievmentunlockedhs0.gif
    • Level   6

A friend of mine posted this on the UK section for those worrying about HDD space.

For those worrying about HDD space, apparently 12GB of it re-writes original data so your only adding another 1.5GB of space. Hopefully it includes most of or all of the upcoming DLC, so its just a case of unlocking it

Twitter:  @Loftywho

• Level   5

Lofty Who

A friend of mine posted this on the UK section for those worrying about HDD space.

For those worrying about HDD space, apparently 12GB of it re-writes original data so your only adding another 1.5GB of space. Hopefully it includes most of or all of the upcoming DLC, so its just a case of unlocking it

I'm assuming it would include DLC otherwise it would cause problems with co-op if one player had the DLC and the other didn't