Xbox One is really closer to $600

• Level   2

After buying a year of Xbox Live, a play and charge kit (which is a must unless you want to keep buying batteries), and the official headset (because 360 headsets are not compatible) it will end up costing $600 or more and this is before a game. With PS4 you already get a headset (plus old headsets are compatible) and the controller comes with a charge cable. So all you need is the console and a year of online which is only $450. All of this really adds up. 

• Level   8

Guess poor people can't get a console this year. :(

Xbox One Day One

Told you guys the Kinect 2 would fail and the Xbox One would be released without it by Fall 2014!!

• Level   4

Then buy a PS4 and stop moaning. People only say something when they've something to moan about.

Xbox One Day Four Edition :( © @FaviousM

• Level   2

If the PS4 was 30 - 40% cheaper, I may be tempted to buy one. Just saying as we are talking about value here aren't we?

• Level   3

Or, they start complaining when a company isn't upfront about the actual cost of something they are trying to sell you. Kinda like a car dealership. Which is funny, because here they are, m$, trying to plead transparency and all that nonsense. Too bad I've never heard them wanting to be transparent in the last 35 years, but eh, who's counting?!!

• Level   5

uh the ps4 is close to 500 you have to buy PS+ for 50 and you need a decent headset cause earbud is garbage.  The only difference is the play and charge kit and that is completely optional.

XBOX ONE DAY ONE EDITION 

• Level   8

Merlin4421

uh the ps4 is close to 500 you have to buy PS+ for 50 and you need a decent headset cause earbud is garbage.  The only difference is the play and charge kit and that is completely optional.

thought you could use your old PS3 headset

Xbox One Day One

Told you guys the Kinect 2 would fail and the Xbox One would be released without it by Fall 2014!!

• Level   3

I already have Xbox Live, so I won't be buying a year in November. Won't need a headset any time soon Cruz I'll be playing Watch Dogs & BF4 single player. Will cost me roughly $534 after tax. Might get a play n charge.

• Level   2

@ Merlin - You can use old headsets on PS4 and no the earbud is not garbage for people who only use headsets for communication. You only need expensive headsets for in game sounds.

• Level   4

Don't forget that when the battery in your PS4 controller dies, which all batteries eventually do, you'll have to replace the entire controller.

I get that people think the PS4 has more value than the Xbox One, but why come on here and waste energy on negativity moaning about it, go onto the Sony forums and praise them for their value and buy a PS4 if you think it's such good value.

Xbox One Day Four Edition :( © @FaviousM

• Level   8

If you mean "close" by $534 (mine after tax), sure whatever and however your math works. It's almost a million dollars at this rate.

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   2

My xbox one os going to cost me 472 dollars thx to my wifes walmart employee discount :)

• Level   5

Lord Dirt

Merlin4421

thought you could use your old PS3 headset

oh yeah dam you! you got me on that forgot.....450 then  I will take wifi direct over bluethooth though.

XBOX ONE DAY ONE EDITION 

• Level   5

why do people insist on comparing prices between to DIFFERENT items. Sure, they both play games.. but each has different hardware .. they are not the same thing... that is like comparing.. a Honda to a Porsche    sure.. they both are cars and you can drive them but.....

• Level   3

The amount spent on the consoles will be different for everyone. If someone has their Gold or PSN+ membership set they won't spend as much as someone who is switching consoles or someone whose membership is set to expire. Someone who wants to use the PS Eye will end up spending more than someone who doesn't. 

Adding in optional accessories and yearly memberships to determine the total price doesn't work because everyone is in a different situation.