Big brother is watching???

• Level   3
    Why does the xb1 need kinect on or you can't use it? I've played on xbox for 8 years and never needed it. I understand that it can help functionality, but what about those that don't need or want it. We have cameras on us in traffic, while we shop, while we are anywhere outside our home. I don't need one in my house if I choose not to have one. Is it that if I cover the camera while using XB1 I will not be able to use this device that I paid 500+ for?... My house, My rules.
    • Level   5

How could one play on xbox for 8 years and only have 895 gamer score?

• Level   3

Just lucky I guess. Your thoughts about my assertion???

• Level   6

I happen to agree with OP it is concerning.

161667 238356 Kinectthefuturepng 620x.jpg

It would have been the Kinect 2 but I made this before it the Xbox reveal 

• Level   2

UHHHH, JWSpeed it is possible he played a lot of Original Xbox, and is very specific on what he plays now. Or he has Live for other reasons, gamerscore is irrevelant. It is possible that after it starts you disconnect it or cover it it may not work. Actually, I see Microsoft doing this with always the always on camera, as a way to say it to better cater to your experience they will say, but just another way of info, and money grabbing.

And you may say to yourself well, how did I get here...
    • Level   3

JWSpeed

How could one play on xbox for 8 years and only have 895 gamer score?

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Who needs backwards compatibility when we can repurchase remakes on our Ones! :P

• Level   3

Y is my gamerscore important? What about this discussion?

• Level   2

I guess if you are really that concerned about it, no one out there is forcing you to buy one.  I on the other hand, am going to be anxiously awaiting Halo 5....

• Level   5

You know, with all these posts, I HIGHLY DOUBT most of the morons posting these "Big Brother" threads, have NEVER seen 1984.

Big Brother was the government, NOT a luxury item for a luxury service that is totally optional.

• Level   4

i dont know about you guys but im buying the Xbox One

IS 5416
    • Level   2

I agree with OP, I don't like these cameras being everywhere-they're on street corners, traffic lights, in every store (which I can understand that) and now they want to put them in the sky.  I certainly don't want one in my living room either.  The one on my laptop is covered with electrical tape.  I was born in the 70's and don't take too well to being watched every minute of the day.  Call me old fashioned but I think privacy is just that-not some obscure word to be thrown around for no other purpose than to make people perceive they are getting it.  If I can not use the One w/o the Kinect that will be just one more strike.  So far, doesn't look like I will be getting the new xbox unless the right information is released in the coming weeks

Blunt-quick  question:  Why is that every post of yours I have read is in some way being insulting to someone?  If you're trying to express some sort of intellectual superiority, you're going about it the wrong way.

• Level   5

Bluntman1138

You know, with all these posts, I HIGHLY DOUBT most of the morons posting these "Big Brother" threads, have NEVER seen 1984.

Big Brother was the government, NOT a luxury item for a luxury service that is totally optional.

[Insert comment about kids watching books these days]

Oh and get off my lawn. :P

• Level   5

vader da slayer

[Insert comment about kids watching books these days]

Oh and get off my lawn. :P

Yeah, reading the book would be too much to ask the current generation. And watching a movie based on a book, with no special effects would be too much to ask as well.

• Level   5

It is all wrong.

How do I know?

I just do.

They will NOT spy on you.

If you have a Kinect and know the agreement for it, that´s a good example ;)

• Level   2

Hackers can easily open this up just dont worry about MS