Xbox ONE keyboard and mouse compatibility

• Level   1

I think the Xbox ONE should definitely be compatible with a keyboard and mouse. I have tried pc gaming and i fell in love with the keyboard and mouse controls. I find keyboard and mouses very comfortable to use rather than controller. I'm sure lots of xbox users would love this feature. Whats your opinion on keyboard and mouse compatibility with the Xbox ONE?

• Level   5

Yeah...and that would be just another reason the haters would need to keep bashing XB1 as a glorified HTPC.

No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.

• Level   2

SlR WALKEN

Yeah...and that would be just another reason the haters would need to keep bashing XB1 as a glorified HTPC.

Why would it make anyone hate? It is not like it would take away the ability for people to use gamepads. Almost everyone i know prefers the mouse for FPS games. Not to mention the MMO/RTS market that the consoles have not tapped yet. It would just be a pure win IMO. PS3 supports it, but leaves it up to the developer to implement it.

• Level   6

mario ehh
    I think the Xbox ONE should definitely be compatible with a keyboard and mouse.

Microsoft has stated several times that consoles are not PCs. You will not see KB/M support on the Xbox One.

• Level   2

IceStorm III

mario ehh

Microsoft has stated several times that consoles are not PCs. You will not see KB/M support on the Xbox One.

-

Yet we must install games to our HDD and can play without disc. Also must register our games to our accounts. Sounds a lot like PC to me. Would supporting another input device be that big of a deal?

-

Keep in mind that millions of people on 360 use the XIM/XIM Edge and are at absolutely no risk of being banned (supported device). Regardless of what Microsoft decides, people will be using keyboard and mouse on One.

• Level   1

what about using it only for ie and dashboard??

• Level   4

I do not like the keyboard/mouse personally, as I can drink better and enjoy my friends with a controller. BUT I am not in the least worried if other folk got this feature.....Hell if they will not do a proper wired controller maybe I would use this rather than the stupid wireless rubbish.

It is hard being right all the time on MS policy. It gets me so much hatred and jealousy leveled at me. Oh well I have broad shoulders.

• Level   6

SummeryObject5
    Keep in mind that millions of people on 360 use the XIM/XIM Edge

No. They'd have to sell millions and they haven't.
    and are at absolutely no risk of being banned (supported device).
    XIM is not a supported device on the 360.

• Level   5

Mouse and keyboard is training wheels for games and does not belong on console.

Best free game of the month: Saints Row: The Third.

• Level   2

IceStorm III

mario ehh

Xbox is supposed to be a gaming console so why are they so into TV ****

• Level   5

Codename Jelly

IceStorm III

mario ehh

Xbox hasn't been intended as purely a gaming console since about 2010. The Xbox brand doesn't even represent just gaming anymore but is Microsoft's entertainment brand.

• Level   4

I think the Xbox ONE should definitely be compatible with a keyboard and mouse. I have tried pc gaming and i fell in love with the keyboard and mouse controls.

One may ask why you would want a console then? I however know the reason. ;-) Should I tell you? No? I'm going to anyway. The keyboard and mouse is more precise than a controller and the people that want such compatibility with consoles believe they will have a definite advantage over people using a controller.

I find keyboard and mouses very comfortable to use rather than controller.

Not when you are kicking back on the couch being a slouch. Hanging off the bed looking at the screen upside down poses a problem with a keyboard and mouse too.

I'm sure lots of xbox users would love this feature.

Why? If I want to use a keyboard and mouse there is a very capable gaming rig in the extra room.

Whats your opinion on keyboard and mouse compatibility with the Xbox ONE?

I already have multiple P.C.s. If all P.C. games were REQUIRED to use a controller, I may just move my gaming P.C. out of the extra room, put it next to my T.V., and forgo the next consoles altogether.

>

Peace, J.R.  

• Level   2

vader da slayer

Codename Jelly

IceStorm III

mario ehh

Xbox hasn't been intended as purely a gaming console since about 2010. The Xbox brand doesn't even represent just gaming anymore but is Microsoft's entertainment brand.

So basically they are selling a more restrictive PC to people that already own PC's.  Suckers.

• Level   2

D33dles
    I already have multiple P.C.s. If all P.C. games were REQUIRED to use a controller, I may just move my gaming P.C. out of the extra room, put it next to my T.V., and forgo the next consoles altogether.

You can use controllers with pretty much every game, so save yourself some money and stick to PC.

• Level   4

You can use controllers with pretty much every game, so save yourself some money and stick to PC.

I mentioned "REQUIRED" not "can use". The mouse and keyboard has a HUGE advantage over a controller, my suckage at Black Ops would only be intensified if I was playing against people using a mouse and keyboard! Lmao.

>

Peace, J.R.