existing player profile data appears to be damaged and cannot be used

• Level   6

so yeah i assume many others have had this problem as well... so im hoping we can get some info on how to fix this. i have this problem -ALMOST- everytime i start the game up.. it resets everything to default settings( all classes/options, ect. will be reset ) and all campaign progress WILL be lost, but multiplayer unlocks/stats will not be lost. Ive looked up a little bit on other posts about the same issue and it seems this happens after installing the multiplayer CD to your Xbox (i dont have the campaign cd installed).  some people say deleting your profile data saved on your xbox will fix this(maybe it will for you) Im just bringing this to attention for any others who have not yet encountered this problem and for anyone with a solution is encouraged to reply here. thanks.

• Level   7

Delete your bf3 data. And clear cache. Installing the disk shouldnt be an issue but try that and see if it helps.  All your MP is saved server side so it is

s safe.

c4mpin i5 4 c0w4rd5

• Level   5

As far as Ive read (and this happened to me) the profile corruption happens when you have played the SP and you switch off your xbox, without quiting the game to the dashboard first. You have to delete your BF3 profile Data and this includes your save game.  All of your Achievements and Multiplayer Stats / Unlocks  are all stored server side so these arent affected.  The only way to avoid this corruption is by backing up your save game to a USB.

• Level   6

deleting profile data seems to have worked :)

• Level   4

I just had this happen, and I remember the same thing happening to me on BFBC2.  Kinda crappy you have to delete saved campaign progress.  

• Level   1

wait if u delete your profile data don't you lose the guns you unlocked in multiplayer?

• Level   1

disregard my last comment haha

• Level   7

The stats are not stored within your profile data on your hard drive but at EA's servers instead. That way, EA/DICE can prevent people from modding their stats and easier integration with BattleLog and other stat tracking websites.

• Level   1

thanks...anyone want to add me i have like no friends that play battlefield 3

• Level   1

Sorry to sound like a complete mong, but is it OK to delete the Data file, without having had Cloud saves enabled ?, I'm trying to sort this out for someone else, and they didn't have Cloud enabled yet.

• Level   1

oh btw anyone know if this will affect the back to karckand code i put in already?

• Level   1

i cant find it in my storage either im scared it got deleted :(((

• Level   7

RIC the TONG

Sorry to sound like a complete mong, but is it OK to delete the Data file, without having had Cloud saves enabled ?, I'm trying to sort this out for someone else, and they didn't have Cloud enabled yet.

I would assume it's okay since the game would generates a new profile data file if it does not exist. All he would be losing is the campaign saves. Stats are stored in EA's servers.Also, the B2K code is tied to your EA/Origin account. So as long as you remember your EA/Origin account, you should be fine.

• Level   1

Had the same problem, Deleting the Saved Data worked.

• Level   1

How do you delete the saved data