BF3 - Says my son is too young?? WTF??

• Level   4

I just bought 2 copies of this game and me and my son are ready to play.  Why in the hell would they block the game from someone paying the game.  Gears of War 3 is 20 times gruesome than BF3 and yet they did not do this.  There is no fix on the internet no where.  You can't change the age of any account.  Even if you set the child account to adult its does not work.   Its like once EA detects you're too young then you can not play.  I did not spend over $100 so I could stare at the box.  Its lets my son play local but not multi-player ... so where is the justification???  I'm trying to speak with support now to see what they have to say.  If anyone has a fix please advise below. 

And please only respond if you are here trying to help.  keep your comments about age restriction and what ever else that doesn't have to do with me solving my problem to yourself!

• Level   8

I think its because is more "close to home" if that makes any sense. Yes gears of war is very gory but its humans fighting a humanoid alien species, as opposed to Battlefield which involves humans killing humans based loosely on world events. I think the fact that its supposed to feel real and realistic makes it have a higher rating.

• Level   7

Don't you have an "adult' account...? Only solution is to play on that.

• Level   4

Yeah .. but the problem is when trying to play on two different xbox 360.  He is not allowed to play!

• Level   7

Yeah I'm sure it's aggravating...my only other issue is to call Microsoft support and ask (and eventually demand) that you change the 'owner' (age) of the account to yourself, so he can play online.

• Level   6

your son is too young to play this game, it's parents like you who let there children play  online late at night cussing at everyone and saying words they just learned on the internet. that make the game less enjoyable.

you are not a bad parent but a stupid one at that. I hope your son never gets to play online because he doesnt deserve to

its rated M for mature for a reason.

• Level   7

Oh shut up...the rating is discretionary only. Not a law. I play occasionally with a kid who is 17 and loves Battlefield. He never says anything bad, plays like anyone else would...

• Level   5

Rated M for Mature 17+

• Level   6

lol

• Level   7

Because your son is under 14, thats why.  EA doesnt allow kids under the age of 14 to play online, especially for a game that is rated M.  Only thing you can do is, try to change his birthday on his EA account, or create a completely new account.

Why does it take me 10 min to connect online in MW 3, but 5 seconds in BF 3?

• Level   4

As Dual said .. rating is not a law!  My son is very responsible for his age.  He probably has more common sense than you.

• Level   6

of course you are going to think your son is responsible your his father the truth is he is too young

too bad he has a bad father

• Level   4

On a live chat with orgin rep now .. seems like he is trying to fix the problem!

****Because your son is under 14, thats why.  EA doesnt allow kids under the age of 14 to play online, especially for a game that is rated M.  Only thing you can do is, try to change his birthday on his EA account, or create a completely new account.

• Level   7

that doesnt matter.  EA has it, so that if you are under the age of 14, you may not play online.  They have that right.  Its not a law, but any private company can limit who can play online, and in the case of EA, they limit their online access to those over 14.  Your sons maturity level has nothing to do with anything.  

Why does it take me 10 min to connect online in MW 3, but 5 seconds in BF 3?

• Level   2

LiveJOKER ACE
    your son is too young to play this game, it's parents like you who let there children play  online late at night cussing at everyone and saying words they just learned on the internet. that make the game less enjoyable.

+100