Player count?

• Level   4

So is there some hidden agreement with game developers and Xbox Live to have a limited amount of people per server on any given multiplayer game? The most I've seen was an 18 player ground war on Modern Warfare. 

Cus I'd happily give up single player for a 32 man server on BF3. I'd even give it up for 26.

Lets start a petition for higher player count on the console BattleField tittles.

Taper3_________________________

Come on, only seventy-hundred thousand more signatures.

This space intentionally left blank.
    • Level   8

It would be nice to have more players. But you would have to give up some things that make the Battlefield game. It all comes down to what the game can support. If they were to add more players to the console. You would have to give up some vehicles and you would not have any destruction on any maps. As it is now, the game runs at a lower resolution just so we can have all the vehicles. I tried to find the article or forum post where a DICE dev actually explained why only 24 players on consoles. Maybe someone else has a link to that.

• Level   4

Makes sense, So I guess my next question is "Where's the new Xbox console?"

• Level   6

The console version of this game would have been better served without planes imo. As for the player count, any more than 24 and BF3 might have ended up being a slightly better version of Homefront.

MLG & GB,good for gaming?!?! Not in this lifetime or the next. Great videogames are what's good for gaming, not MLG and GB.

• Level   8

The single player was awful anyways so yea, I would much rather have more people to shoot at then a single player that was painfully boring to try to finish.

• Level   8

Taper3

Makes sense, So I guess my next question is "Where's the new Xbox console?"

Maybe sometime after 2013, if we are all still here. But everyone is guessing late 2012 and as far away as 2014.

• Level   6

Single player and multi-player are on separate disks, but it was kinda boring, even on it's hardest setting.

MLG & GB,good for gaming?!?! Not in this lifetime or the next. Great videogames are what's good for gaming, not MLG and GB.

• Level   8

Rush is perfect with 12v12. The problem is Conuest. Even Rush on PC is 16v16. On PC, conquest large is a blast on large maps with 32v32. The problem on console, they kept the same aircraft (minus a chopper), lowered the area by one flag (typically off to the side), lowered the ground vehicle count, all to compensate for 12v12 Conquest on big maps. The problem; it is typically an air war of 4v4 (two jets and a chopper each side), which leaves 8v8 on a big map with 4 capture points. Conquest just doesn't work on console. That is the true problem. Rush, Squad Deathmatch, Squad Rush, and Team Deathmatch (minus the stupid spawn issues) all work perfectly in 12v12.

Xbox 360 Pro | Xenon | Manufactured: 3 July 2006
    Sennheiser PC 350 Headset | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Astro Mixamp
    ASUS VS238H 23" 1920x1080 LED Monitor

• Level   8

I would rather have people winning by working together as cohesive units rather than just overwhelm the enemy with cannon fodder.

• Level   4

Ok, then 32 people with with no extra vehicles?

• Level   8

The consoles hardware cannot handle 16v16, at least that is what the developers said. Probably also the fault of Sony and Microsoft putting a limit on badnwidth.

• Level   5

I think Homefront had 16v16, that's the most I have seen on 360.  PS3 has had up to 256 (MAG and possibly others).  Really not sure why xbox rarely breaches the 8v8 barrier that they've had since 2005.

• Level   7

IMO   playing 64 players on the PC on counterstrike had a significant amount of lag.  I wouldn't call it unplayable but it was always there in large matches. I just think the complaints that come from kids with consoles are some times ridiculous and knowing this the devs  steered clear of the " OMG this is unplayable Lag wtf"  fiasco that would ensue.  My guess even though I for one wouldn't mind a little bit of lag.

• Level   4

some day in a perfect world we'll have BF:12. 140 player servers with no lag and perfectly balanced game-play.