How to Fly Jets + Helicopters

• Level   4

Well, Consider me a newbie at this. I can drive tanks, boats and other land vehicles easily and confidently. Though, I can't fly helicopters or jets. Everytime I get on them, the jet either wouldn't go up the sky or I would totally lose control over it. Can someone give me some tips and step by step on how to drive jets and helicopters properly?

Cheers

• Level   6

not to be "that guy" but youtube has some very promising videos about this. they should help

• Level   4

Nope, they haven't helped me.:(. I want some to tell me how to fly a helicopter step by step instructions.

• Level   2

I was a master at flying in bad company 2, but i struggle in BF3.

One thing that has helped me was trying out the different flight controls.

you may find a different set of controls might help you.

• Level   8

Just try playing the second co-op mission. The whole mission is in an Viper helo. That should at least help you in the helo department.

• Level   4

What SNAKExEATER said, Co-op mission #2 is a great mission to act as a tutorial, just jump in with a buddy and Boom. Jets on the other hand, Good Luck.

-

Also, what kind of step by step instructions you looking for exactly? To make the jet take off, simply hold the throttle (depends on control set up) which is R-Trigger and after you start hitting the 180+ speed, pull up till you gain a little altitude. After your wheels retract, you are free to fly around and do not have to keep holding throttle as it will assume 'cruising' speed.
    -
    Choppers, hold throttle (R-trigger) until you are satisfied with the altitude given. Tilt your nose down to gain momentum to fly forward and then even it back out. To slow down or stop, do the opposite and tilt back until you cancel out the momentum and even it out again.
    -
    Everything else comes with practice but I recommend the 2nd co-op mission to practice flying choppers without accidentally killing and pissing teammates off online.

• Level   4

Ah, well this simple adjustment of the controls will help you ALOT. It makes the helicopter controls 9001% easier.

Go to Options>Controls and set the Helicopter flight to INVERTED. This WILL AFFECT JETS. Then after a few matches of Trial by fire (for jets) you'll be fine at the basics, and with helicopters, I HIGHLY suggest playing the 2nd Co-op mission on easy. Until you can complete the 2nd mission on HARD, you can consider yourself as "competent", then it's trial by fire in a public match. Oh and when you play Wake Island and use the F-35, good luck, haha! So hard to use the first time. XD

-

If you need a partner that doesn't care how many times he dies in co-op, hit me a FR, I'd be on in about 5 days when my parents give me my xbox back. XD

• Level   8

Stay on the ground and go for objectives.

BF3 lacks replay value.  Disc of 9 maps got lame fast.

• Level   4

Practice practice practice, learning to fly is so damn annoying when your first setting out but it will pay off over time, plus the unlocks like air radar seriously help you know where your opponent is when dog fighting.

This vid helped me a bit as well and i've dug it out of my liked videos on you tube so hopefully it helps you too.

watch?v=8q61M58ipk

• Level   5

Try changing the heli sticks to legacy southpaw and try it with that. I could hardly fly them until i changed it.

Jets are pretty easy, you just need to read the manual and some practise.

Hovering jets are probably the hardest, but you just need to practise and you will eventually get the hang of it.

Hope this helped

• Level   5

^ I find it easier default, but I suppose I'm just used to it now.

• Level   9

And OP, don't panic. That's how I get killed when I'm flying around :(

Organic life is nothing but a genetic mutation, an accident.

- Sovereign -

PSN: Sipuli91  Steam: hi_im_sipuli91

RIP 360 Elite 5/2009 - 12/2013

• Level   9

^ Really? When I panic I generally think faster and well better. So I'll get around dem trolling poles.

• Level   5

This 1millions times.  I couldn't fly the heli for squat on the default settings but with the setting legacy southpaw, I can maneuver it like its party of my body.  Use the server browser to join servers across the world when other folks are sleeping.  You can usually find a map with around 10 people in it so you're guaranteed more flying time.

• Level   5

Wanted to quote clyms3y, oops