Custom Server Settings

• Level   7

So if and whenever EA/DICE allows us to rent/customize our own servers, what settings would choose? Map rotations, hardcore, etc.

• Level   5

I just want a server where me and my friends will have tank or jet battles only, no infantry.

• Level   5

Here's my map rotation. Wake Island Wake Island Wake Island Wake Island etc.

• Level   5

M-16/ 1911 only, that way there won't be any complainers about MAV, UMAD, RPG, Tact Lights, IRNV, Mortars, "snipers", Helo tramps FAMAS or anything else. And yeah the Map would be Metro...

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   9

I don't give a crap about weapons or maps, I'd just like to try the game without all the bells&whistles....no onscreen minimap, spotting, crosshairs...pretty much nothing on the screen except what you'd find in real life....then ya just gotta rely on your eyes and ears, and squadmates

"I was driving along one time and saw a hitchhiker holding a sign that read "HEAVEN" ...so I hit him"

-S. Wright

• Level   9

II PARALLAX II

I don't give a crap about weapons or maps, I'd just like to try the game without all the bells&whistles....no onscreen minimap, spotting, crosshairs...pretty much nothing on the screen except what you'd find in real life....then ya just gotta rely on your eyes and ears, and squadmates

I've had a Match or two like this as a Glitch. It's really good looking but not so much fun to play. Mostly though when you get killed you're stuck at a black and white colored death Screen and the Load-out Screen wont Load up. Those were Glitches though. A real Game like that would be kinda cool.

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   7

LostKauz

II PARALLAX II

I don't give a crap about weapons or maps, I'd just like to try the game without all the bells&whistles....no onscreen mini map, spotting, cross hairs...pretty much nothing on the screen except what you'd find in real life....then ya just gotta rely on your eyes and ears, and squad mates

I've had a Match or two like this as a Glitch. It's really good looking but not so much fun to play. Mostly though when you get killed you're stuck at a black and white colored death Screen and the Load-out Screen wont Load up. Those were Glitches though. A real Game like that would be kinda cool.

A true Hardcore Server would be cool, no HUD apart from friendly gamer-tags displaying on screen (so players don't Tk) would be sweet. I hate the way the Flag icon blinds you when your in the capture area of a flag on Conquest.

• Level   6

I like the idea of Infantry only or veichle only maps, having to hover in the helicopter above a capture point etc.

I'd also simply just like to have the ability to have a practice map for me and my mates with the possiblity of bots to keep the numbers up, this obviously could be abused so you shouldn't be able to unlock any weapons etc in this map that can be used in the main multiplayer.

• Level   5

I was thinking the same thing Jokul.

They need private servers for messing around or practicing (especially in jets). No unlocks or maybe everything is unlocked for that server so you can try things out as well.

• Level   7

Hopefully we can set up a 24/7 Oman Conquest server with no HUD. It would be pretty interesting.

• Level   6

my setup. Conquest:  no recon.  no famas. no frags. no claymores.  no aircraft.  no mortars. Just ground and pound.  

• Level   8

Pricing confirmed on battlelog   - Pricing for renting your own server is $1.49 / $6.99 / $24.99 / $64.99 (for 1, 7, 30, and 90 days).  USD

• Level   5

I find it kind of stupid we have to rent a server, why not just let us host our own games with friends for free?

oh wait I forgot we're dealing with EA here.

• Level   5

My setup: Wake Island, Conquest, Wake Island, Conquest, Wake Island, Conquest, etc.

EDIT: Luca, I swear they said their adding private matches.