What is the Best weapon on Battlefield 3?

• Level   2

I have been told diffrent guns are better but there not as good as people say they were.i want to know from you guys which gun is the bestest and why.

• Level   9

Personal choice.

For LMG's, I use the PKP.
    For Assault Rifles, I'm currently using the KH2002 but my favourite is the G3A3 (which I've used since before the buff patch, i haez skillz)
    For shotguns, it's the Saiga 12K.
    For carbines, I don't really use because I only play Engineer on big maps and you don't really see many enemies on foot but the SG553 is what I use.

I don't play as Recon much but when I do I put a 4x on a SKS and go Rambo or I use the Saiga. 

It's all a matter of personal chpice.  Although for some reason the weapons that you see the most are the ones with the highest rates of fire - stuff like the AEK, FAMAS, and DAO-12.  Dunno why that is really. 

• Level   9

What about the M26? Its great, but gonna be patched from what they say. Maybe a certain ammo you need to use with it.

• Level   4

There is no good gun, it just depends on what you are good with.

Voted 54th in britains sexiest man 2012 xD

• Level   2

One of the things that the devs did get right in my opinion was scrapping the 'weapon strengths' bars at the selection screen that were in BC2. That way you get a mix of people using different guns for the situation rather than everybody on the server using AKs of whatever has the highest power rating.

¡Fission Mailed!

• Level   8

Personal Preference:

-

Assault: F2000

Engineer: QBZ-95B

Support: PKP

Recon: PDW-R

All Kits: Saiga 12K

-

Notice I did not list a Sniper.  Reason being, they are pretty much all worthless to a good player.

Best Game of All Time: Donkey Kong Country

• Level   3

SKS would like a word with you. You cant go wrong with M16A3 and M4A1 for medic & engi. I don't really play support, most LMGS are garbage compared to everything else.

• Level   9

pumpkin TiSh

One of the things that the devs did get right in my opinion was scrapping the 'weapon strengths' bars at the selection screen that were in BC2. That way you get a mix of people using different guns for the situation rather than everybody on the server using AKs of whatever has the highest power rating.

Not really.

People now seem to pick weapons based on rate of fire or because it has less recoil.

The FAMAS and M249 were whored before the last patch because of this.  Now that they've given some recoil to the FAMAS, nobody uses it.  I've seen it a handful of times since returning to BF last weekend.

M16A3 - 800 rounds per minute
    AEK-971 - 900 rpm
    FAMAS - 1000 rpm
    M4A1 - 800 rpm
    M249 - 800 rpm
    F2000 - 850 rpm
    M416 - 750 rpm
    M27 IAR - 750 rpm
    G36C - 750 rpm

Those have been the most used weapons since launch.  And you can see why.  They're all bullet hoses.

Compare that to the less common weapons like the G3A3 (550 rpm), AK-74M (650 rpm), M60E4 (535 rpm - started cropping up more only because of the recent buff), AKS-74u (650 rpm), PKP (600 rpm), SCAR-H (600 rpm + has small clip), L85A2 (650 rpm).and you kind of get a picture painted about general perferances which is basically "It has to shoot fast.  If it's slow, it sucks".

• Level   9

HyperSMB

Personal Preference:

GOOD MAN!

I take it, you mastered the recoil long ago?

• Level   2

hmmm. well maybe rpm is the main concern for most people. basically i'm just going on the fact that i've tended to see more variations in weapons and configurations (mainly assault and engineer) when i've bothered to notice/picked them up from dead guys' packs, which for me was a nice change from BC2.

¡Fission Mailed!

• Level   4

"Best weapon" is all preference or personal choice really. I play support and my favored and most used weapon is the QBB-95. I've been told by everyone that it is horrible and one of the worst LMG's... yet I have no trouble dropping people and out sniping recon players camped out 350+ meters away with it.

• Level   6

best weapon hands down. the soldier

• Level   8

Praetorian VIII

HyperSMB

Personal Preference:

GOOD MAN!

I take it, you mastered the recoil long ago?

I use it like a High Powered SMG.  Get up close, hold trigger, laugh at corpse.  That said, I don't often use LMG's.  I will more often use a PDW on the support class.

Best Game of All Time: Donkey Kong Country

• Level   5

KH2K and F2K.

Go To Hell, For Heaven's Sake.

• Level   7

Assault: AEK-971 and M16A3

Engineer: G36c and M4A1

Support:M249 and PKP

Recon::M98b and sv98

All Kits: MP7 and 870