Incompatible version error.

• Level   4

So my friends and I were playing tonight and then in between games one of us gets this error message : Running incompatible version and their xbox froze up. Next thing you know we all get the same message and the same xbox freeze. Everyone rebbots and we get could not join squad messages or lost connection to EA. All 5 f us had the same problem at the same time. Any Ideas? We could stay in party chat but could not join any games.

We did manage to get into one game but were quickly booted by the admin because they were busy boosting. Try another server. Could not connect all over again and the Incompatible version message.

• Level   8

Well, at best I can tell you it doesn't sound like an xbox problem.

Best Game of All Time: Donkey Kong Country

• Level   8

Make sure that you all have all the updates.

• Level   1

Hey I have a same problem. I bought today Bf3 Back to Kharkand and I cant play with my friend. He has the same version of the game.... Any Ideas?

• Level   1

I ran into the same issue today. Tried to join my three friends. We all have premium, and all have all updates. I tried joining their game and it same the joined game is running an incompatible version. ensure you have the lastest updates blah blah blah. All four of us do and yet i could not join there game. This has to be an EA server issue. :/

btw: I have no issues joining a random game.

• Level   8

My friend and I had the same issue tonight. The workaround for now that we found was to join your friend from the server browser under the friends tab. I have a feeling they made some changes to the game and did not tell anyone. Many weapons were acting different than before. And it seems some version of the revive glitch is back. Because on Metro tonight, we had issues killing people that had been on the same server for at least five consecutive games.

• Level   1

I would guess DICE/EA upgraded some servers or some errors in the setup scripts that lead to them checking for a wrong version number.

But as snakeeater says, joining via server browser worked OK for me.

I will live forever! Or die trying...
    • Level   9

me and my friends were having this same issue last night......pretty sure it's a server thing...."new and improved" and all that

"I was driving along one time and saw a hitchhiker holding a sign that read "HEAVEN" ...so I hit him"

-S. Wright

• Level   8

I was getting this last night as well. Join your friends from the server browser, that has worked for me every time so far.

• Level   9

fair enough, but we still should be able to simply accept an invite.....stupid DICE

"I was driving along one time and saw a hitchhiker holding a sign that read "HEAVEN" ...so I hit him"

-S. Wright

• Level   8

its premium man, they dont want us mixin, and how many of those servers have the orange '!', because i dont have cq? hardly any-HA, now with no officials to turn to when the little girls boot ya or you cant find a game with less than 1000 tickets-this game is done, anyone care to post the numbers for the latest week? bet its way down, good luck with bf4 crappy ea-all iever find is converts doin everything they can to get to that col rank so they got a little bird next their name on the scorecard, well guess what, they play like crap

Ticket price buys the whole seat but you'll only need the edge.

• Level   8

It's because you don't have all the updates downloaded. Go to the marketplace and download all free updates. Also, accept any update when loading up the game.

Xbox 360 Pro | Xenon | Manufactured: 3 July 2006
    Sennheiser PC 350 Headset | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Astro Mixamp
    ASUS VS238H 23" 1920x1080 LED Monitor

• Level   9

*bzzzt" wrong answer....we do have all the updates....checked and double checked

-S. Wright

• Level   8

what is it about us that makes you think we dont know what we're doing? huh? we been around gaming and bf for a very long time, we know whats goin on, its what akways goes on, dice sucks at connectivity

• Level   8

heres a better one: dont play this crappy game