EA Online age restrictions?

• Level   4

If the age on my account is set to 14, will I be able to play B3 online? I heard about EA having a policy of not allowing under-age accounts to play online on any of their M-rated games. Is this a thing of the past?

• Level   5

yeah, EA doesn't allow anyone under 13 to play their games online. they block any account registered as being under 13 from online until that account reaches 13 from the birthday it registered with.

we've had a few angry parents here because of that.

• Level   4

I said my account was set to 14 years old, not under 13. Will I be able to play B3 online?

• Level   7

He answered your question. EA does not let anyone under the age of 13 to play on their servers.

Also, if you are 13 or under, you shouldn't be playing a M rated game ;)

• Level   4

haha, you suck at life, wait 3 more years babie!

• Level   4

I am NOT under the age of 13. I am 14 years old!

• Level   7

Cool. But you are missing the point here. EA does not allow anyone under the age of 13 to play on their servers. Since you are "14", you can play on their servers online.

But since BF3 is a M rated game, you should wait 3 more years and mature a bit more ;)

• Level   4

Why didn't you answer my question in the first place, instead of lying to me and wasting my time? And how exactly do you know how mature I am? Age doesn't equal maturity in my opinion. It is up to the adult that purchased the game to determine if I am at a maturity level high enough to play the game, not EA or any of you. The funny thing is, the campaign is probably a good deal more graphic and obscene than the multiplayer.

Oh, I see; you don't want "squeakers" and whatnot soiling your online experience, well, that's just too bad I'm afraid. See, once an adult has purchased an M rated product and have brought it into their household, they have the right to do whatever they please with it, and allow whoever they please play it, under their consent.

On a less ranting note, thanks for answering my question; I appreciate it.

• Level   4

ma·ture   [muh-toor, -tyoor, -choor, -chur]  Show IPA adjective, -tur·er, -tur·est, verb, -tured, -tur·ing.

adjective

complete in natural growth or development, as plant and animal forms: a mature rose bush.

ripe, as fruit, or fully aged, as cheese or wine.

fully developed in body or mind, as a person: a mature woman.

pertaining to or characteristic of full development: a mature appearance; fruit with a mature softness.

completed, perfected, or elaborated in full by the mind: mature plans.

Your brain stops growing at 21 btw.

Halo CE 0/0 acheivments

Bad Company 2 Forums- Trolling since 2009

Nerf the executive branch its OP!
    • Level   4

I was referring to mental maturity, not physical maturity.

• Level   7

You are too young to play this game. I have kids your age, and I wouldn't let them play this. Your parents should know better.

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE..., OH NEVER MIND, WE'RE SO DAMN DIVIDED ANYWAY!
    • Level   5

Stuffed Giraffe

Why didn't you answer my question in the first place, instead of lying to me and wasting my time? And how exactly do you know how mature I am? Age doesn't equal maturity in my opinion. It is up to the adult that purchased the game to determine if I am at a maturity level high enough to play the game, not EA or any of you. The funny thing is, the campaign is probably a good deal more graphic and obscene than the multiplayer.

Oh, I see; you don't want "squeakers" and whatnot soiling your online experience, well, that's just too bad I'm afraid. See, once an adult has purchased an M rated product and have brought it into their household, they have the right to do whatever they please with it, and allow whoever they please play it, under their consent.

On a less ranting note, thanks for answering my question; I appreciate it.

I believe your question was answered in the first reply on this thread. The restriction was for 13 an under, your 14 so it doesn't apply to you.  Was that so hard?  facepalm.

• Level   7

"  I believe your question was answered in the first reply on this thread. The restriction was for 13 an under, your 14 so it doesn't apply to you.  Was that so hard?  facepalm." Yes the first guy to reply did answer your question if you could not figure out from that answer that being 14 means you are older than being 13 without someone coming out and directly telling you that then you are probably to dumb to understand that Battlefield is all about team work and you should go play COD with all the other kiddies

You can't spell cheap without EA

• Level   7

Stuffed Giraffe

Why didn't you answer my question in the first place, instead of lying to me and wasting my time? And how exactly do you know how mature I am?

Age doesn't equal maturity in my opinion. It is up to the adult that purchased the game to determine if I am at a maturity level high enough to play the game, not EA or any of you. The funny thing is, the campaign is probably a good deal more graphic and obscene than the multiplayer.

You know how i can tell you're not mature enough, the fact some one posted about the age restrictions on EA online and you claimed it didn't answer the question, you needed it spelling out directly to you and were unable to infer the answer based on the information given. It either means you're immature or a bit on the slow side.

You know what else, some one tries to help you and you fly off on a rant, stop acting like an impudent little self entitled kid and maybe then people here will see you as mature.

• Level   7

hobblejp

Stuffed Giraffe

Why didn't you answer my question in the first place, instead of lying to me and wasting my time? And how exactly do you know how mature I am?

Age doesn't equal maturity in my opinion. It is up to the adult that purchased the game to determine if I am at a maturity level high enough to play the game, not EA or any of you. The funny thing is, the campaign is probably a good deal more graphic and obscene than the multiplayer.

You know how i can tell you're not mature enough, the fact some one posted about the age restrictions on EA online and you claimed it didn't answer the question, you needed it spelling out directly to you and were unable to infer the answer based on the information given. It either means you're immature or a bit on the slow side.

You know what else, some one tries to help you and you fly off on a rant, stop acting like an impudent little self entitled kid and maybe then people here will see you as mature.

Exactly.

@Stuffed Giraffe, As I recalled, I learned that 14 > 13 back in kindergarten. If you can read, myself and others has pointed out that the age restriction set by EA. You have failed to recognize that and thus, I deemed you as a child with the mental age of 10. I respect your opinion of age doesn't equal maturity, but in this case, you are wrong. With age, you learn new things, you experience more and you will know what not to do and what to do. By the age of 13, you should be able to count and do basic arithmetic. By age 17, you are almost done with school. You should be able to get a job or preparing to go to college.