the best weapon and class mods for each class

• Level   7

This will bring a little welcomed debate.

If you are not aware each character class in Borderlands does better with specific weapon types and special class mods that will even help boost those weapons to perform even better.

Here is a list of weapons and class mods:

Hunter Class using a Gunslinger or Sniper Class Mod
    should always be on the look for worthy Pistols and Sniper Rifles.
    Since many players really do prefer faster fire rates over damage look for these kinds of weapons
    a Atlas or Jacobs Masher Revolver Pistol that has the X7 multiplier to damage, the best would be a Jacobs Savage Unforgiven
    a Dahl Desert Penetrator Semi Auto Sniper Rifle or a Hyperion Crimson Invader also the over looked Torgue Steel Thunder High Damage and a Fast Fire Rate.

Siren Class using a Mercenary or Specter Class Mod
    should be looking for worthy SMG's and Sniper Rifles
    most players like the faster fire rates
    SMG's all the way for a Siren
    find your self a good Anarchy or any SMG with the 12.5 fire rate the Torgue Double Anarchy is one to look for or if you are lucky and can get the Gearbox Double Anarchy found only in the Circle of Duty on the Knoxx DLC. I still do not know of anyone who is in to using the Thumper SMGs or uses a Wildcat, Gasher, B|tch
    For Snipers the same ones listed for the Hunter

Soldier Class using a Commando or a Rifleman Class Mod
    should be looking for worthy Shotguns and Combat Rifles
    go for the faster fire rated guns
    Get your self a Torgue Steel Ba$tard Machine Gun, or a Vladof Glorious Revolution, a Dahl Desert Raven is nice too, never hear anyone talk about the Hyperion Destroyer.
    for that Fast Fireing Shotgun Look for a Vladof or Hyperion Raging Brute Assault Shotgun if you want more damage and less speed the Torgue Steel Shredder Combat Shotgun or the famous Jakobs Terrible Matador with it's 12x multiplier also find a Dahl Desert Bulldog the shot gun with the largest clip good fire rate accuracy and damage all in one.

Berserker Brick Class using a Bombardier or better a Ogre Class Mod
    you are best with a great shotgun or a Launcher that has a lot of splash damage.
    get one that has a large clip and some accuracy and use the launcher for long medium range, and the shotgun for close up battles
    user the same shot guns listed for the Soldier
    the Launcher seems to be the most show off weapon that never is that useful unless you can reload them fast and never use them up-close medium range is the best.
    Torgue Steel Destructor does a lot of damage if you can get a accurate hit or a Torgue Steel Redemption even more damage it get's you Monster Kill. I will leave the Vladof Mongol and Hyperion Nidhogg out since they look great to shoot they are show off weapons.

Elemental Weapons a major favorite since you do need to rely on these with some of the specific DLC's and Enemy Classes.
    Pistols:
    Atlas Chimera (Vary), Maliwan Pestilent Defiler (Corrosive)
    Sniper:
    S&S Orion (Shock), Torgue Cobra (Explosive), Maliwan Volcano (Fire)
    Rifle:
    S&S Glorious Massacre aka the Draco X3 or X4 (Fire), Atlas Pearl Ogre (Explosive)
    Shotgun:
    Maliwan Pestilent Crux aka the Corrosive Plague, S&S Fatal Crux (Explosive), Vladof Blast Hammer (Explosive), Torgue Friendly Fire (Fire)
    SMG:
    Maliwan Combustion Hellfire (fire)
    Rocket:
    Mailwan Cobalt Rhino (can be found as Corrosive, Fire, or Shock)

there are Unique weapons found in the main game or from the Knoxx DLC:
    Hyperion Lightning Nemesis (Shock) repeater pistol, Krom's Sidearm (shock) repeater pistol, Maliwan Madjack (explosive) revolver pistol
    Atlas Kyro's Power (explosive) Sniper Rifle,
    Maliwan Cobalt Tsunami (shock and corrosive) SMG
    S&S Glorious Serpens (Corrosive) Machine Gun
    Mailwan the Roaster (fire) Rocket

Some weapons work great for specific enemies and DLCs Like Explosive and Fire are great for Zombie but ok for Knoxx were as Corrosive and Shock is horrible to use in Zombie Island but great to use in Knoxx.

What weapons do you use a lot that was left out of this list?

Everyone & their dog plays that game. It's slightly adjusted from the year before only with a new title
    Why is this broken video game getting patched again and again and again, did i pay $$$ to be a beta tester?

• Level   5

i use the bessie and stalker for enemies that arent a bigger threat and of course the chopper when you just feel the need to unload a whole clip on an enemy.

this series is as empty as your future .i am the vanguard of its destruction. quote from ea 

• Level   4

Good post Cosmic. Only one thing i disagree with. The nidhogg launcher is more than a show off weapon. It's extremely handy for hitting the weak point on craw's back. Through the rest of the game, meh.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't
    • Level   3

No pearls listed? Vengeance is a must for me also not listed.

• Level   7

I listed a bunch of pearls but really are they any good?

this post was not about weapons you need for fighting one enemy but the weapons that over all are some of the best all around weapons to have to fight everything in the game.

That's why I focused on Class Mods that give specific major boost to those weapons for each character class.

In other words if you are playing as one of the character classes and you are not using those weapons and class mods then you are an idiot ...

the Vengeance was not listed because it's a need to know weapon, and most just don't need to know about it, they can learn it on their own.

Everyone & their dog plays that game. It's slightly adjusted from the year before only with a new title
    Why is this broken video game getting patched again and again and again, did i pay $$$ to be a beta tester?

• Level   5

why add pearls half of the gaming community doesnt  even wanna bother learning the game like i did when i started new  need a break from battlefield example joined a random game  the host drops shields yes its modified but heres the kicker 2 minutes later while i was up there with randoms fightin craw another joins the game and i guess its a death shield he kept dying and respawning .while 3 of us were up there checkin loot.i got a good look at the shield but for obvious reason i aint gonna put it here its for ppl who  likes pickin random stuff to learn on their own.and of course there is no moral in this story just a good laugh .

this series is as empty as your future .i am the vanguard of its destruction. quote from ea 

• Level   2

For the hunter, Gunslinger + Nemesis = Sorted

• Level   4

Using only my Hunter, and only snipers, I find that the highest level Sniper class mod you can use and any of the Jakobs snipers is an unfairly potent combination. Knoxx should be able to get more than a few feet before dieing.

}Censorship causes blindness{
    • Level   3

CosmicStrike

I listed a bunch of pearls but really are they any good?

this post was not about weapons you need for fighting one enemy but the weapons that over all are some of the best all around weapons to have to fight everything in the game.

That's why I focused on Class Mods that give specific major boost to those weapons for each character class.

In other words if you are playing as one of the character classes and you are not using those weapons and class mods then you are an idiot ...

Pearlescent are they good? Yes they are. Serpens easily replaces any corrosive weapon in the game. Bessie replaces any sniper rifle in the game. Undertaker is just insane with a soldier or berserker and appropriate class mods.

Now there is no "best all around weapon to fight everything in the game" and that is what you are trying to explain. So meaning that players will have to work with not only class mods and corresponding weapons, but eventually alternate weapons for appropriate targets.

Siren you addressed with SMG's only an Anarchy. Then what? When you fight the Crimson Lance, easier to kill them with corrosive damage. However there is no good smg with corrosive damage to measure up with a serpents. Thus that is a way better choice. Against regular enemies corrosive is not as effective, but fire does a better job. What I'm trying to get at is that true class mods with specific weapons work great, but that should not limit the person to stick with 4 smg's with a mercenary class mod, or only snipers and a sniper class mod. Pick, play and see what works for you.

Also "specific major boost to those weapons" you wanted to address but neglected the loyalty class mods, which work with specific manufacturer weapons/shields. Those would be fun and quite effective to use as well. A lot harder to make a build with it, but should not be neglected.

There is also a major role that comes into play: solo / co-op. A good idea to alternate class mods and weapons for running alone or with a group. I would say just because a player runs with a weapon that does not correspond with the class mod or character's proficiency doesn't make them an idiot. Rather it makes them think outside the box. Past the obvious: +61% SMG damage thus use smg's ...etc parameters.

• Level   5

i agree on both of you -using different tactics to expand gameplay and also using each characters skills sets.but in my case i test weapons that i have in battle usually against a modder to determine its possible uses like my 1700 damage thunder it doesnt have the ability of my bessie which does 1604 it tops to 5000 in damage.i prefer the steel thunder because of firerate purposes.on the nemesis its beast the one ihave 1 of my friends test fired 384 that thing kills.horrible firerate.my favorites of the "pearls is the1405 damage ugly barrel ugly scope aries and the 374 thumper tsunami because it doesnt fire the blasted shock first and the nemesis. the rest are ok to me undertaker tends to get me killed when i try to do the nidhogg trick on crawmerax.of course the gearbox anarchy that me and intervention keep resetting till we got the anarchy variant. and of course my first siren 233x4 why use elemental when u can gun them down to hell.still missing a lot of class mods and the ogre ,and orange alien weapons if they exist,blr hornet.then i say i got my full games worth of items.:)

• Level   7

I did list many Elemental weapons but i left them alone since they are good for all Character Classes to use but Warfornothing until you get all the DLC's then you will understand that your Corrosive Weapon's you love so much in Knoxx is useless in Zombie. I'll say it again.

"Some weapons work great for specific enemies and DLCs Like Explosive and Fire are great for Zombie but ok for Knoxx were as Corrosive and Shock is horrible to use in Zombie Island but great to use in Knoxx"

• Level   3

CosmicStrike

your Corrosive Weapon's you love so much in Knoxx is useless in Zombie. I'll say it again.

Troll? I emphasized Serpents as a noteworthy peal. Also mentioned above was the "Crimson Lance" outside of any DLC, which you encounter in main game.

CosmicStrike

until you get all the DLC's 

You're contradicting yourself there Cosmic.  Your thread generalizes weapons / class mods for the entire game, not going too specific into DLC's. Thus we discuss weapons that are good for the game in general. True I do not own Zombie Island, or Clap Trap Revolution. However that may be, my weapons are prepared for anything. Unless you take me for a fool to use weapons on enemies that do nothing?

You cling to me liking corrosive weapons? I own and use one: Serpents. Once again topic was on the issue of pearls being useful.

You know most of the weapons I own and use: Shock: Vengeance, Fire: Hellfire, Corrosive: Serpents, Explosive: Cobra.

• Level   7

LOL, you know there is a lot to this game, and these topic is about some of the best weapons to use with your character class mods. there are already pages that talk about what class mods are better for solo or team, I only focused on the ones that do well with weapons from the main game that work best with a character class and those class mods that boost damage and can generate ammo, this is why i focused more on the ones with faster fire rates.

since you know it's funny to see a brick run around with a smg or a siren with a shotgun, a soldier with a sniper and a hunter with a combat rifle, i did not even mention eridian weapons. Why did Torgue dominate most of the weapons, because they won the heal and kill that we did on the old forum.

forumsarchive.xbox.com/.../ShowPost.aspx

the point about the cyan text titled weapon is that they are not that great, they have some usefullness but they were never needed in the main game, or the other dlcs besides knoxx.

War4nothing, you need to get the other 2 dlcs, at some more fun to your game.

• Level   7

Bump

I am still learning what other good weapons there are to use in the recent months since this I’ve learned that when it comes to the elemental weapons you don't want the best body type and you want the ones that give you a larger tech pool, most worthy elemental weapons might not have high damage but list Very High elemental effect and X4

• Level   5

hello folks.im back while the lotro servers still undergoing maintenance for two weeks.im back with a vengeance .interesting topic.have to find my disk to play this game.:)