Borderlands 2 keeps freezing?

• Level   5

Literally is getting worse and worse.. This is the only game that it's ever happened with.. I went to gamestop and they gave me a brand new copy and now it's worse than ever... What do you guys recommend? I installed it to the HDD, and that didn't help at all. It keeps freezing more frequently. I was able to play for like 15-20 mins and now it's happening within the first couple minutes.. I un-installed it from the hard drive and I was just in a game and it froze.. I'm trying to avoid having to delete my whole file cause then I'll have to start over right? But if that's the only thing that will fix it I might just do it since I'm only a level 19.. This problem occurred after I shut my system off yesterday during a loading screen.. Since then it seems like my file for Zer0 is corrupt..

• Level   8

Is it just Borderlands 2? Or do other games freeze up on your console as well?

• Level   5

just borderlands 2.... I've never had a problem with games not loading/freezing. Except Ghost Recon, and that was a glitch in the game that they patched..

• Level   8

Hmmm....Did you try clearing the HDD's cache before reinstalling the disc? Sometimes that can help...

• Level   5

nah, are you on xbox live right now? Can you invite me to a party chat? I'm not sure how to do that

• Level   5

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

• Level   5

Thanks.. I haven't froze since I posted this.. So I'm waiting it out. If i freeze again I'll just do that... If it doesn't work would you recommend deleting the whole file off my xbox? Like the entire game? It just seems like somethings up... Since i shut my system off in the loading screen there's like alittle bug in my game now lol..

• Level   5

you could back up your save game to a usb stick before you delete it from your hard drive so if its not that you won`t lose everything.

-

clearing your system cache will not effect your game save in any way and can be done at anytime to get rid of any existing problems on your hard drive.

• Level   2

Hey man I'm having the exact Same problem as you. In fact i exchanged my disc for another and that one froze , I did all the hard drive cache clearing and made sure it was ventilated .... I installed and uninstalled no luck... SMh. I then took out the hard drive in my Xbox and played it , it worked fine. So I thought it was my console. Went to Walmart bought a brand new console (stupidity I think) oh guess what it froze an continues to freeze on new console... I do not know what to do anymore .

• Level   5

Yeah I think there's just a bug in the game... I just froze for the first time since I posted this comment.. as soon as a 3rd person joined our game. It froze.... It's really irretating cause it's off and of.. Like sometime's i'll get 2 hours in before it freezes. Other times I can barely play for 10 minutes.. Like the game's brand new I'm trying to get a solid night of playing outta it..

• Level   5

game just froze again within 10 minutes.. Anyone have any recommendations?

• Level   2

I can't play past this certain auto save during a mission for hammerlock.

• Level   5

what are we suppose to do.... This is ridiculous!

• Level   5

are you only playing online in co-op?

• Level   5

yep, I was.. and now I just tried to play by myself and it froze within minutes. I shut it off and turned it back on and it froze in the main menu screen before I could click continue lol...